Boiler Plate text replies

Hi
I am just having started using outlook 2003, I frequently use boiler plate
text and set email replies especially when dealing with many people who
enquire about the same issue.

Is their one overall best system that allows you to just right click and
choose a boiler plate reply......

That is the one simple feature that I am not seeing readingly available?

Thanks in advance.

Try giving http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/default.aspx a try.  I haven't
tried version 5 with Outlook 2003, but there previous versions have always
done an outstanding job with previous versions of Outlook that need to with
boiler plates.

Cheers,
/neo [mvp outlook]

"dev" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am just having started using outlook 2003, I frequently use boiler plate
> text and set email replies especially when dealing with many people who
> enquire about the same issue.
>
> Is their one overall best system that allows you to just right click and
> choose a boiler plate reply......
>
> That is the one simple feature that I am not seeing readingly available?

> Thanks in advance.

0
neo7948 (622)
12/26/2004 1:24:06 PM
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try giving http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/default.aspx a try.  I haven't
> tried version 5 with Outlook 2003, but there previous versions have always
> done an outstanding job with previous versions of Outlook that need to
> with boiler plates.
>
> Cheers,
> /neo [mvp outlook]

Hi Neo

Many thanks!! I'll check them out. I'm also looking for any little
programs/applications that can enhance the right click clipboard feature,
this I think is an area that productivity can be increased especially if you
do a lot of business emailing.

Thanks

unfortunately MS doesn't expose the context menus to developers.

if you can think of what features/options that right click is missing, come
up with an example of when it would be useful, I'm sure that MS would like
to hear it.  Just send your idea to mswish@microsoft.com?subject=Outlook

> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Try giving http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/default.aspx a try.  I
>> haven't tried version 5 with Outlook 2003, but there previous versions
>> have always done an outstanding job with previous versions of Outlook
>> that need to with boiler plates.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> /neo [mvp outlook]
>>

> Hi Neo
>
> Many thanks!! I'll check them out. I'm also looking for any little
> programs/applications that can enhance the right click clipboard feature,
> this I think is an area that productivity can be increased especially if
> you do a lot of business emailing.
>
> Thanks

0
neo7948 (622)
12/26/2004 2:04:18 PM
> unfortunately MS doesn't expose the context menus to developers.
>
> if you can think of what features/options that right click is missing,
> come up with an example of when it would be useful, I'm sure that MS would
> like to hear it.  Just send your idea to
> mswish@microsoft.com?subject=Outlook

 Thanksss Neo I'm checking out your email template site that you mentioned,
it looks good!!

I use signatures to set up form letters. Then I set the default to NONE (in
signatures) and use the Insert>signature to select the forms. Really easy and
fast. You can write a whole email as a signature.

"dev" wrote:

> Hi
> I am just having started using outlook 2003, I frequently use boiler plate
> text and set email replies especially when dealing with many people who
> enquire about the same issue.
>
> Is their one overall best system that allows you to just right click and
> choose a boiler plate reply......
>
> That is the one simple feature that I am not seeing readingly available?

> Thanks in advance.

0
Mary1 (682)
12/27/2004 1:01:03 AM
"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use signatures to set up form letters. Then I set the default to NONE (in
> signatures) and use the Insert>signature to select the forms. Really easy
> and
> fast. You can write a whole email as a signature.
>
> "dev" wrote:

Hi Mary,
That sounds really good, how are you able to do that? Ok I think I need to
go and read the help file about signatures.
Thanks for the tip.

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try giving http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/default.aspx a try.  I haven't
> tried version 5 with Outlook 2003, but there previous versions have always
> done an outstanding job with previous versions of Outlook that need to
> with boiler plates.
>
> Cheers,
> /neo [mvp outlook]

Hi Neo
I had a look at the template site but I saw they are a commercial site and
the services/templates you can use are limited unless you pay and generally
I tend to see what is available without cost first before delving into paid
services. But thanks for the thought anyway.

"dev" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in

<snip>

> Hi Neo
> I had a look at the template site but I saw they are a commercial
> site and the services/templates you can use are limited unless you
> pay and generally I tend to see what is available without cost first
> before delving into paid services. But thanks for the thought
> anyway.

There's a free Lite version.
http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/compare.aspx

Looks interesting - I do a lot of the same replies all the time for
customer service.  Thinking of giving it a try.

Sherry
0
sherdh (27)
12/28/2004 12:51:15 AM
"Sherry" <sherdh@excite.com> wrote in message
> "dev" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Hi Neo
>> I had a look at the template site but I saw they are a commercial
>> site and the services/templates you can use are limited unless you
>> pay and generally I tend to see what is available without cost first
>> before delving into paid services. But thanks for the thought
>> anyway.
>

> There's a free Lite version.
> http://www.emailtemplates.com/et/compare.aspx
>
> Looks interesting - I do a lot of the same replies all the time for
> customer service.  Thinking of giving it a try.
>
> Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Thats the same one that Neo pointed out to me, I saw the lite but I dont
like systems that have facilities or features you can only use part of,
becuase once you invest the time and energy into knowing how to use them
then you have to pay for the services. Not that I am a skin flint, but I
just dont want to pay for this service.

counting text strings
This is probably really simple - but how can i count how many cells in colum contain a certian text varible ? =countif(a:a,"sometext") will count the number of cells in column A that are equal to "sometext" =countif(a:a,"*sometext*") will count the number of cells in column A that contain "sometext" Keith Rathband wrote: > > This is probably really simple - but how can i count how many cells in colum > contain a certian text varible ? -- Dave Peterson ...

Alphabetizing text within a paragraph
I am in the process of creating a web page on Microsoft 2000 for our health-based non-profit. Within the page, there is a paragraph of words (different medical diseases and conditions) that I would like to alphabetize. Whenever I follow the directions as to how to sort, Microsoft tells me that it found no material eligible to sort (alphabetize). I would like to keep these words within the paragraph (each word is separated by 5 spaces) and alphabetize them accordingly. I further want to use each alphabetized word as a link to a phyto-medicinal cure that I am planning to write further down on th...

can text be inverted by 180deg
Hi, Is it possible to invert text by 180 deg. Under Format - cells you onl have the option of 90 deg -- trye ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tryer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1654 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39979 from my archives sometime back i used this formula =OFFSET($B$1,MATCH($B$16,B1:B16,0)-1,0) my original data is in B1 to B16 I copied this to any cell and copy down try this. may be easier solutions available tryer <tryer.1ugkia_1125205502.54...

Text not copying as text from Word to Excel 2003
I have a column of data in Word that contains info like, K-12, K-6, P, 9-12, 6-8. When I copy the data to Excel, the cells with the letters copy correctly, but the cells with the numbers convert to dates. I've tried pre-formatting the target cells in Excel, I've tried Data | Text to Columns, I've tried preceding the data with a single apostrophe before copying the data from Word. Incidently, this "works" but when I find and replace the apostrophe, the text gets converted to a date! Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. -- Christine "Christine" <Ch...

Problem replying email
A user when replying emails (from MS Outlook 2003) to some of the internet users, it always undelivered and bounce back (refer to below for the errors). But when user manually keyin the email address, it sent successfully. It always happened on these 3 domain email accounts. The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <smtp02.nafa.edu.sg #5.0.0 smtp;550 5.0.0 ... Use MXes or authenticate yourself> There was a SMTP com...

View with selectable text/images
Hi, Does anyone know what kind of CView MSN is using for the chat window (the window with the selectable text and smileys)? If it isnt a CView, can i get some pointers on how to make a view with selectable text and images? Thx in advance :) Thomas 'Da_QuiK' Schueremans Thomas, Use Spy++, it shows that it is a RichEdit View. Tony "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake.email.com> wrote in message news:%23759GWzzDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anyone know what kind of CView MSN is using for the chat window (the > window with the selectable text and smil...

Creating a contact group from text file
I got 10 e-mail addresses in a word text file can I somehow make it into an address group or contacts without having to open a card manualy for each one and typing name nickname e-mail etc.? thnx L. You need to make sure it is in the correct order, however, you can add commas between fields and import it as comma deliminated file. It is one of the options for importing. "ronba" <lironba@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1c7e9546.0411091706.7c3adb96@posting.google.com... > I got 10 e-mail addresses in a word text file > can I somehow make it into an address group or c...

Linking styles to Body Text style
I'm curious how the pros link their "body text" style to other styles.... assuming they do. The reason for my question is how I defined my List Styles and some non-TOC heading styles. First, I decided to use a "vanilla" body text style (call it bt1) without the "leading" (space before/after the paragraph) that I use for most of my documents. I then linked (based on) that style (bt1) to my list, heading and other styles. And I defined another Body Text style (call it bt2) with the leading I normally use for documents and linked it to tha...

reply text
Morning, how do I change the default text when replying to a message and als when replying to a post in Outlooks newsreader, Outlook Express. Thanks Hans ...

How to change text in a rich text box?
Hello, friends, I have a dialog box with a richEdit box in it (IDC_DISPLAY). I need to change its text when a user clicks on Start button. How do I send new text to this richEdit box? Moreover, how can I get this richEdit box's hDC? using GetDC()? Thanks a lot for your help, the more details, the better. (I used more VB than VC++, and this is a new function I need to add to our VC++ MFC app). SetWindowText works fine for htis purpose. You do not want or even want to think about the hDC or GetDC(), since there is nothing you could possibly do with it that could make sense. Paintin...

Extracting Text in a string of text
Happy Holidays to All! How do I extract a concatenated field so I have exactly what I need. I've used the Left and Right functions, but I need to extract more precisely without having to guess the number of characters. For example: New York, NY 10019 I want to extract out the "NY" or the state. How do I do that given I may have multiple city and states? Thanks for any help:confused: -- walkerdayle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ walkerdayle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10021 View ...

Producing fix width text files
I want to export an excel file as a fixed width text file. I will have four columns I want each to remain 10 charactors wide with the text left aligned and numbers right aligned. How do I export in this format ? Thanks Chris I'd use a helper column that would concatenate the values in the first for cells: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",10),10) &RIGHT(REPT(" ",10)&TEXT(B1,"000.00"),10) &LEFT(C1&REPT(" ",10),10) &RIGHT(REPT(" ",10)&TEXT(D1,"000.0000"),10) (all one cell) Text in A1 and C1, numbers in B1 and...

how to get the alternative text of pic from an excel file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable i have an excel file containg alot of photos , how can i get the = alternative text of all these photos , the there any function can help . = or any way=20 Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML dir=...

Auto Populate text box based on combo box
Hello, I have a combobox named "Bulk" and a text box named "Routing", I would like the Routing box to auto populate after the user selects an option from "Bulk". The Bulk combo box is bound to a table named "Products and bulks". The Routing selection would be coming from the same table. Could someone please explain this to me? I have tried different codes like: Private Sub cboPersonID_AfterUpdate() Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.cboPersonID.Column(1) End Sub Everytime I put this in the Combo Box's afterupdate property, an error message com...

Function for comparing text and number combinations
I'm trying to compare a cell value with a column of cells that contain a mix of numbers and text but I want to ignor the text. The values in the cells are 2 numbers followed by a letter then 3 or 4 numbers, eg. 45F254 or 56G2541. I would like to get a 'true' statement for cells that contain 45D254, 45T254 or 56E2541, 56Y2541 and a 'false' return for 45F587 or 56R5874 etc. Is there a function that accomplish this? =ISNUMBER(FIND(A1,A3) A1 should be your "key" as in 25 an A3 is the cell you are searchin If A3 Contains 45D254 and A1 contains 254, it will retu...

Copy text box with text and clip art to another PUB
Hi, Is it possible to copy and paste a text box from one Publisher document into another one as a complete unit - box, text, little clip art images, etc. Or do I have to cut and paste all the bits and pieces separately. I need to copy several text boxes with their contents from a newsletter to another PUB, and doing it piecemeal looks like a long, tedious process. Thank you. Orrie Group everything and then yes, it can be done. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Orrie" <EB3551@operamail.com&g...

Cell won't show text
Hi--having a major problem with the cells in my worksheet not displayin text. There is a fair share of text but it just stops and no matte what I do to format it to show the text it won't--what am i doin wrong?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks--nicolebelle:confused -- nicolebell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nicolebelle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49278 How many characters are you trying to display in a cell?...

Navigate to a particular link doesnot display the text sometimes
Have used navigate method of IWebBrowser2 in a property page to display the htm file. Debug prints shows the correct path is given for a link ( eg path for one of the hyper links path is C:/../team_typesENU.htm#aft) inside htm file . Sometimes the contents of the file does not get displayed .Contents are shown only when clicked on the control itself or navigate between the pages. text is hidden. anybody can let me know why is this happening ? ...

Goodie Plate.
Do you know when you will be going around with them, the only reason I ask is that if my Truck is not at my Apt. I maybe still over here at Mom's. Just call my house phone as it is forwarded to my Cell phone all the time. 825-5539. Take Care, Mark. Sure, no problem. What kind of cookies do you want? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "Mark Thomas" wrote: > Do you know when you will be going around with th...

book plates
Can you create book plates in publisher, or another program? You certainly could - quite nicely too. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "carneu" <carneu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FBA8FB7-DF8F-493E-8C62-B5EB13953C5E@microsoft.com... > Can you create book plates in publisher, or another program? A really nice one here, might give you an idea on how to layout your publication. It is for Word but can be adapted. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010220071033....

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...