BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000

I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message.  When a
person received my message, the file would should up in the message.  Now
when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment.  Is their
something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it
anymore?

0
bdowns (2)

Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert
your gif-file

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message
>I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message.  When a
> person received my message, the file would should up in the message.  Now
> when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment.  Is their
> something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it
> anymore?

0
Roady

PROBLEMS CLOSING OUTLOOK
When I close down Outlook it looks like it closes the normal way but when I go to shut down my computer I ALWAYS get an error box that pops up and says: end program - OUTLOOK.EXE Then I click on end program and it says it can't end program and the computer shuts down. ?????????? Please HELP!!! Please post your Outlook version when posting to this group. There are currently 5 versions and 7 modes of Outlook so making us guess is not nice. :) Common reasons why Outlook does not close cleanly (depends on versions also) 1. PDA docked and set to synch continuously 2. Fax softwar...

Resolve Error in opening Excel File zip file from a CD?
I have an error 0x80004005 when opening a excel file from a CD. It states it cannot find it's destination Opening a file from CD is always a crap-shoot. Copy the zip file to HDD, unzip it and open the Excel file from there. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:15:01 -0700, rw5400 <rw5400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an error 0x80004005 when opening a excel file from a CD. It states >it cannot find it's destination ...

vcs files
Hi folks, had a look at ebay and saw the contents of the VCS file they generate when you select the option add a reminder to your outlook for when an auction ends. Can anyone either answer the following questions or point me to where I can get more info on the following? I am interested to generate VCS files from an application - where can I get the full definition of what the content of a VCS file can contain? Is it possible to generate VCS content which would modify or delete an appointment in outlook (instead of simply adding a new one - say a date or duration has change - is there...

Cannot load .pst file from data server.
Hi , My company used to store all the .pst file in a data server. All Outlook profile called from a map driver which located within the data server. For some reason, it started to pop out the error message " Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is loast due to server or network problems. ...."and "Ubable to display the foler. An error occurred that prevented the file P:\..... from being saved. Close and then restart all mail- enabled applications." I'm sure the network connection to the...

Outlook Connection Delay
My 'Light' CRM 3.0 client for Outlook seems to time out its connection to CRM every 30 minutes or so. Thus, after some period of not using the CRM components of outlook, when I attempt to access a CRM view (accounts, Leads, etc), the Outlook client takes around a minute to reconnect to the CRM Server and display the data. Is there any way to keep outlook connected to CRM, even when I am not actively using the CRM components of outlook? ...

outlook freezes every time i open
every time i open the application, it freezes...it may be stuck on a message, but i cant delete it until it opens without crashing...i get the "not responding" header at the top if i try to click anywhere. suggestions? thanks casey ...

importing dbx files
The hardrive on my old computer died i managed to get it going long enough to transfer files over onto the new one. the problem is i created a snap shot of all my e-mail content from outlook express and installed it on to the new machine using windows mail however they all came accross with a .dbx extention and i cannot open them. i tried importing them in through windows mail but it wont allow me to do it. I have some critical info in these e-mails i need to access any help would be apprecisted "email drama" <email drama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Backup .pst files #3
I just bought a new computer and reloaded outlook. I backed up the .pst file and showed 374MB. When I applied the restore of the 2000 e mails backed up only 600 appeared. The dates for the e mail are 2002 and 2003, no 2004. Near the end of 2003 I was using XP Pro and the program became corrupt. I bought XP Home edition. Why is back up not backing up or coping. Please help. How did you backup the pst, the OL backup addin? Have you tried opening the pst in OL, rather than import. If on opening pst, mail is missing, then backup went wrong. Assuming old sys is still available copy pst to cd...

can not find "hcw" file
When I migrate a C++ MFC project with ActiveX stuff , encounter an problem like "can not find hcw file.", I found some solutions from MSDN forum, but those are useless.. I'm using Vista 32 and 2005Vs Studio @the momemt. any suggentions? plz.. On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 01:55:30 +1000, "Ramon Chen" <Ramon@live.com.au> wrote: >When I migrate a C++ MFC project with ActiveX stuff , encounter an problem >like "can not find hcw file.", hcw = Help Compiler Workshop or something like that. It creates an old style .HLP file. If you do not care about tha...

Missing file
Hi there, I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have just migrated from OE to Outlook 2002(with Nortons Internet Security.) When Outlook loads I keep getting a message saying "C:\Windows\System32\fxsext32.dll" is missing or corrupt etc. I have tried using the Outlook Repair Facility to no avail. The error only comes up once after Outlook is started; eitherwhen it finds a spam file for the first time or when its sending an email for the first time. many thanks Ric ...

Outlook 98 vs Outlook Express 6.0
I have been using Outlook 98 for Email. I send and receive messages with attachments of up to probably 3mb in size. My Inbox has about 20 sub-folders in which I keep messages. I have NOT been successful in backing up any of those folders or the entire *.pst file for that matter. It APPEARS that Outlook Express 6.0 will allow various folders to be backed up at will by dragging those that I care to keep to the CDRW. What features would I loose if I were to discontinue using Outlook 98 and process all of my Email on Outlook Express 6.0??? To me it appears that I would not loose anything. W...

C00D10D1 Error
I am on Windows Media Player 10. I cannot play one specific .wav file. The error that comes up is as follows: "You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue. Codec is missing Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio or video portion of the file) because the Philips CELP (120) codec is not installed on your computer." I have looked for this specific codec, and so far have not been able to find anything. I cannot update my codecs throug...

No Log Files can be Truncated-Exchange 2003 Backup
Hi all, I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which A o went fine and truncated all the logfiles but on the B information store it said in the event viewer that "No log files can be truncated and all the log files are there. Any ideas what is going on and what can be done. -Aman On Feb 5, 4:04 pm, Andy David {MVP} <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: > On 5 Feb 2007 15:51:25 -0800, "Barundi" <pan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Hi all, > > >I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which ...

Finding items (with Outlook 2003)
When doing "Advanced Find", I type "2008-" (without the quotes) in the "Search for Word(s):" box, specify "in Subject Field Only" and click "Find Now". the results contain "2008-" ANYWHERE in the "Subject". How can I do the find so the results contain "2008-" only AT THE BEGINNING of the "Subject"? Did you try the Advanced tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Outlook email changes spacing from single space to double space
When composing message (using Word as the default), the single space will change to double space when I send the email. In other words, when I want to show a single space between paragraphs, I get a double space when I hit "Send" Outlook version 2003 "Bocephus" wrote: > When composing message (using Word as the default), the single space will > change to double space when I send the email. In other words, when I want to > show a single space between paragraphs, I get a double space when I hit "Send" ...

Outlook PST files #2
OK... i can manually add a PST file and set the delivery destinations to that file and this works fine if you only run POP accounts... BUT i run IMAP accounts which create separte folders/PST files and these sit outside the scope of the "Personal Folders" folder. I've been trying for hours but there is NO way i can see to easily specify where the email placed into these IMAP accounts are stored (PST files). In "Data File Management" You can't change the file used. all you can do is add or delete files that arn't associated with email accounts, and i can't ...

how to convert msg files into wav file.
hey, i have recorded some voice on a pocket pc i have. i transfered that t the pc. now these are *.msg files and wanted to convert the files int wav files. is there a way i can do this.! i have been trying for quit sometime and have been unsuccessful. please reply.! Rites ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Where's the certificate (RPC over HTTP between Outlook & Exchange)
I have a PC which has a good, working config. of Outlook connecting to an Exchange server with RPC over HTTP(S). Now I need to copy this to another PC, but can't get the connection to work, despite having all the same settings. I gather there's a certificate somewhere, so I think I need to copy that. Can someone tell me how to find it and copy it over? Thanks, Steve are you getting any error messages? did you look at the connection status? (hold ctrl key and right click on the tray icon) do both computers log into the network? if the second does not try changing the authe...

How to Write Memory Bitmap into BMP File?
In a MFC dialog, I add a button(IDC_BUTTON1), and the corresponding message function is: void CHhhhDlg::OnButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CClientDC clientDC(this); CDC memDC; memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&clientDC); CRect rcClient; GetClientRect(&rcClient); CBitmap membitmap; membitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&clientDC, rcClient.Width(), rcClient.Height()); memDC.SelectObject(&membitmap); for (int x = 0; x < rcClient.right; x ++) { for (int y = 0; y < rcClient.bottom; y ++) { memDC.SetPixel(x, y, x < y ? RGB(255, 255, 0) : RGB(...

Importing an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express
How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express? You can't. Which portion of the PST data did you need? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111fa01c44163$0ca3ddd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook > Express? ...

File names
How do I remove changed (no longer relevant) file names from my File list? You can go to Tools--Options and specify the Recently Used File List as 1 (minimum). Press OK and this will then then clear it out so that only the last file opened is in there. Go back to Tools--Options and change that number back to whatever you'd like it to be, for example 4. This will then make it repopulate that list as you open files, up to the number that you specified, in this example 4. HTH, Katherine "Robert W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c39806...

outlook 2002 calendar #2
Hi, My Outlook 2002 calendar is synced with my Groupwise calendar. I cannot post a new appointment in Outlook 2002 because I get the error message "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I get the same error message when trying to Hotsync Outlook with my Palm-based PDA. I have 512K RAM and a gig+ processor so it's not possible that I'm out of memory or resources, can have multiple tasks running at the same timeI would greatly appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks in advance. Julie Balassa ...

How do I open an old publisher file but no longer have publisher?
No Publisher, no open files. If the files are important to you the best solution is to get Publisher back on your computer. If you just need the information in the files you could ask someone with Publisher (the version of the creating Publisher or newer) to open them, and make pdf copies for you. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jenn99" <Jenn99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C472B570-1F37-45DD-A52A-0DC15A4F2A44@microsoft.com... > Thank you. I need one letter/flyer pasted into Word so that I can use it. I do not know anyone with publisher. "Don S...

File Attributes
Is there a way to easily take the file name and other file properties such as, "Date Modified", "Created BY", "File Size", "Application", etc. and extract these attributes for all files located in a particular directory in exploring and then have each of these attributes placed in excel in a table format? My Excel add-in "List Files" does that but only provides... File Path, File Name, File Type, File Size and Date Last Modified. It creates a hyperlink for each file name and provides an option to place successive searches all on the same...

ISP or Outlook Problem?!
I receive the below when I send/receive. Is this an Outlook error or something pertaining to my ISP? I have never encountered it before: Task 'pop.freeserve.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: qmail-popup: error in loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory' What can't it allocate memory to? 2003 if it makes an iota of difference... T...