blocking senders #2

I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail.
OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find
that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking
by the display name or address.
For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just
oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch).
I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address
instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a
message.

--
Bill Mitchell

To block an entire domain, use Rules - Where the sender contains - add your
domains from there.  I have been successfully AOL free for many years now.

As for the headers, right click on any message in your message list, select
Options.  The header information is at the bottom of the information window.

It also helps us help you if you post your version of Outlook as different
versions offer varying degrees of ability to block spam.  Outlook 2003, in
combination with SpamBayes, works for me at 99.9% efficiency.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill Mitchell
asked:

| I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my
| e-mail.
| OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I
| can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the
| option of blocking by the display name or address.
| For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch
| not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch).
| I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real
| address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties
| & source of a message.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/18/2004 3:06:54 PM
Hi Milly,
I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 I don't have the "sender contains" option under
rules, what I have is "with specific words in the sender's address". Does
Outlook look for a string of characters or the entire word?
Is there a way to have Outlook display the sender's address instead of the
"friendly" name in the from field?

Bill

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:enMdlXUVEHA.2924@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> To block an entire domain, use Rules - Where the sender contains - add
your
> domains from there.  I have been successfully AOL free for many years now.
>
> As for the headers, right click on any message in your message list,
select
> Options.  The header information is at the bottom of the information
window.

> It also helps us help you if you post your version of Outlook as different
> versions offer varying degrees of ability to block spam.  Outlook 2003, in
> combination with SpamBayes, works for me at 99.9% efficiency.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill Mitchell
> asked:
>
> | I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my
> | e-mail.
> | OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I
> | can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the
> | option of blocking by the display name or address.
> | For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch
> | not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch).
> | I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real
> | address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties
> | & source of a message.

Use the option you outlined for adding domains "with specific words in the
senders address" and add your @aol, @yahoo, etc.  Enable exceptions for your
friends who do not have an ISP account.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill Mitchell
asked:

| Hi Milly,
| I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 I don't have the "sender contains"
| option under rules, what I have is "with specific words in the
| sender's address". Does Outlook look for a string of characters or
| the entire word?
| Is there a way to have Outlook display the sender's address instead
| of the "friendly" name in the from field?
|
| Bill
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message
|| To block an entire domain, use Rules - Where the sender contains -
|| add your domains from there.  I have been successfully AOL free for
|| many years now.
|| As for the headers, right click on any message in your message list,
|| select Options.  The header information is at the bottom of the
|| information window.
|| It also helps us help you if you post your version of Outlook as
|| different versions offer varying degrees of ability to block spam.
|| Outlook 2003, in combination with SpamBayes, works for me at 99.9%
|| efficiency.
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill
|| Mitchell asked:
||| I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my
||| e-mail.
||| OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I
||| can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the
||| option of blocking by the display name or address.
||| For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch
||| not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from
||| .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders
||| real address instead of a name or how to find the full header,
||| properties & source of a message.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Alternatives to VLOOKUP? #2
Thanks, I'll give it a go -- Peter Bernadyn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27463 ...

All Categories in Income and Expense Report by Month #2
Is there any way to get a report for exporting to Excel that will include totals by month for ALL categories (including those with 0.00 balances)? I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I have also purchased 2004 Small Business, but it hasn't arrived yet. If it can be done in either version, I would love to know how. Thanks! ...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Rules Wizard Problem #2
I am using Outlook 2000 and am one of the people who is having problems with the Rules Wizard. Problem is the Rules Wizard do not/no longer work when I log into my POP3 account. I have to run Run Now for them to work...and then they work like they're suppose to. Any idea how to get them back working when I log into Outlook everytime like they use to? Also, until this gets fixed I would like to be able to select ALL of my rules at once vice having to select them individually. I have about 100 rules and it's a pain to have to select them all one by one. If there is a way to select th...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

More than 256 columns? #2
How do I get 1050 columns into Excel? Alternatively, which other tool can I use for this that is not too expensive? You don't. Excel is limited to 256 colums. Two alternatives: 1) Swing your table around, make the colum headings the row headings.... not a good suggestion at all though. 2) Get your data into Access... I guess you already have it. Then run your data analysis in Excel straight from the Access database.... much better. "65538" <65538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C41D68C-CF17-4E48-90E4-9358FEF39967@microsoft.com... > How do I ge...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

i want 2 add a word to the start of every colum in excel
i have imported some a spread sheet, and i want to edit it and export it. the problem is i want to add "alarms\" before the txt in a colmun there is about 300 rows in the column so it would take to long to type Hi Oliver one method is to use a helper column, insert a blank column to the right of your data (i'm assuming your data is in column A and the new column is therefore B) in B1 type ="alarms\"&A1 press enter move the cursor over the bottom right corner of B1 until you see a + and then double click, this will fill the formula down the column for you now s...

columns #2
How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this from happening? Thanks "Jon" <jbauer@accxx.com> wrote in message news:0bab01c34d2b$c93f7ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are > headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this > from happening? > > Thanks Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style. IIRC this is a setting that is taken from the first file opened. So, anytime this happens, change the setting given by Anon,...

pagonis 2 "wrong selection"
I speak a litle English (very good Italian) George 01/01/2004 (selection from list) 31/12/200 (selection from list) Gregory 23/06/2004 (selection from list) 30/12/2004 (selection from list) Peter 01/04/2004 (selection from list) 20/05/2004 (selection from list) etc I have many workers about 150 persons. One of them works from dat 01/01/2004 to 31/12/2004. No continually in the year. For examble fro 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 and 10/03/04 to 10/04/04 etc. If he works in the first period from 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 he take 50,0 � every da...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

List of senders
How can I make a list of "FROM" e-mail addresses in each of my folders? ...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Archiving issues #2
I have a user who uses his Win XP & Office 2003 laptop at work & away from work. He wanted his mail setup so he could access mail away fom work so i configured his Outlook to work Offline. When i set him up to work offline i archived his mail to his H:/ then imported the contents back so he had the following when he opened his Outlook. Mailbox (John Smith) Archived folders At first everything was fine. Then he started experiencing problems and when he clicked on his archived folders it said inaccessible so i tried to import the H:Archive back into the archived folder within Outloo...

out of memory #2
trying to do a mail merge into a postacard format keep getting out of memory, have 1 gb ram What version Publisher? PUB2000: Error: "There is Not Enough Memory to Complete This Operation" Opening Merged Publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236916 Might refresh your MDAC components. http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ Click on MDAC 2.8 on the right pane. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB82300-1F1B-4ACE-BD7...

Billable time reports #2
I am very new to this CRM product, but am desperately trying to create a report just showing cases and amount of billable time spent on them. I have read the threads and it should be easy but I cant even find the billed time field! I also note that someone states that CRM automatically calculates all time spent on the case but where is this shown? Sorry for being a CRM virgin! ...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

Hello #2
Hi, how can I export the excel data to a SQL server 2005 database? thank you. ...

Rules and Alerts #2
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server. When I attempt to open "Rules and Alerts", the dialog box flashes briefly on the screen and then disapears. I was able to open Rules and Alerts in the past. I have not notices any problems wiht any other Outlook item. Can you open it succesfully from another computer? If not your rules might became corrupted. Start Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to remove all the rules. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Comment #2
Can you copy a picture into a comment? Hi Shemian, Click Comment in the Format Menu Click on the Colors and lines tab On the drop down in the color tab click Fill effects in the fill effects box click Pictures/Select Picture If you see hash marks around the comment box right click the has again. Hope this helps Larr -- keithl81 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49804 ...

How do I make 1 and 1/2 cups look like 1 1/2?
I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better to create one and one half cups? Alt+0189 or Insert, symbol... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shelby" <Shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDAA93B5-3197-4908-B67D-076DDAF05E81@microsoft.com... >I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better > to create one and one half cups? Shelby wrote: > I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look be...

If statement help #2
I have a problem building a formula to do the following; I have a give number which I want to split up to allocated levels. example; 240000 Cell1 allocated the first 4000 Cell 2 the next 16000 Cell 3 the next 50000 Cell 4 the balance However, if the number is only 2000 I wish that cells 2, 3 & 4 record zero. I have been using IF statements however I am not sure this is correct -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi There are several ways to do this, so there is no single correct way. IFs should be perfectly ok. I'd do this: B1: =MIN(A1,4000)*(A1>0) C1: =MIN(A1-4...

Applying for a Mortgage can be overwhelming #2
Applying for a Mortgage can be overwhelming and confusing. It is important that we all read up a little bit on information that is free to us. At http://TopMortgageDictionary.com you can receive important information and knowledge that you can take with you when you seek out a loan, or for refinance or refinancing a loan or mortgage. ...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...