Blocking image download automatically

Hi all.
Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office
XP as it is in Office 2003?
TIA
Guy

0
NoEmail9920 (149)

Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the
ReadAsPlain feature:
http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm

"Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in
> Office XP as it is in Office 2003?

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/24/2005 11:14:00 AM
Outlook 2002 does not support that feature.

--
Bill Rodgers MVP
"Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in
> Office XP as it is in Office 2003?
> TIA
> Guy

0
BillR9171 (440)

Office v.x corrupted download?
Anyone having problems downloading version 10.1.3 of the Office v.x software for Mac from Microsoft's Mactopia website - under Mac downloads? I have tried downloading both the .bin and the .hqx versions and both seem to be corrupted. I need to download this so I can move on to 10.1.5, which is the most recent version. Anybody have suggestions? On 8/15/04 4:12 PM, in article c90314a9.0408151512.5de1569@posting.google.com, "themamster" <mullen@collezioneusa.com> wrote: > Anyone having problems downloading version 10.1.3 of the Office v.x > software for Mac from Micro...

my background image display
How do I get my background image to display properly? I can not find anywhere in Frontpage to address this. http://caroline407.com/ Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you What do you mean by "properly"? A background image will either tile (repeat accross and down the page) to fill a space larger than the image, or will cut off the area to the right and bottom to fill a smaller space. The image will _not_ shrink or stretch. Use CSS to place the iamge on the page: In the head of the page in code view, add <style type="text/css"> body {ba...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Excel 2000 crashes when downloading from MS Template Gallery
I've been trying to download excel templates from the template gallery but excel crashes with a program error "a log will be created". The log shows a error code of c0000005 access violation. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks... Renee ...

Missing image on first page
I have a report that pulls an image from a file. Everything seems to be working except the first page never has an image - only the variables that should go on the image. Any ideas?? ...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

Apay (automatic pay)
Using Money 2006 My bank supports e-pay (Apay in Microsoft talk) and I am enrolled. When setting up a bill for next month (September 1) - it sends it today. Or so it seems. I get a dialog saying "sending to capital one", for example. I also note the deduction in my account register. of course this leaves a negative balance as the cash is not in the account because there is no pay yet This behaviour is ok on my end. However, will my bank see this transaction today or on the date it is to be paid? I am worried they will charge overdraft. Also, what do I need to do to get the ava...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Sorting table automatically
I have a set of results which are collected into a table B3:AB23. The data is then sorted by the following macro below. I would like the table to be automatically sorted without me having to use the Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y 30-50 times a day. Can this be done? Sub League() ' ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y ' Range("B3:AB23").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C4"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range("J4") _ , Order2:=xlDescending, Key3:=Range("H4"), Order3:=xlDescending, Header _ :=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, Mat...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

Re-download transactions via direct connect?
I have Money 2007 connect to my brokerage via Direct Connect, and (presumably) due to some file corruption, it missed a couple of months of transactions. I think (hope) the corruption is fixed due to file repair. However, I can't seem to find a way to get Money to download the missing period of transactions. Other than re-creating the file or account from scratch, is there a way that I can get Money to attempt to download transactions again for a prior period? Is it even possible for OFX imports? Thanks, John In microsoft.public.money, johndog wrote: > >I have Money 2...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Money 2003 download desktop icons
Yes, I have a suggestion. Simply delete them and stop whining!!!! ...

Addresses automatically to web page
Is there some (free/not) software or some other way to create automatically a web page from the Exchange2003 address-book ? Actually our primary need is to see the list of recipients in a distribution group - that is because our users use only OWA so they cannot see this information anywhere (we keep external Excel-sheed with this info but this is not very convenient). It would be nice to have a web page generated once a day from the Address-book of Ex2003 I need to view my address book on our website what should I do to make the address book available on our website My network running M...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

Automatically add date to a specific column
Happy holidays everyone, Through the help of many of you I've been able to crate a very useful series of spreadsheets for tracking our current and previous user information for our company. My question todays delas with automatically adding the current date to a specific row when a record has been copied to the worksheet. An example would be: I have a routine that will copy a row from our "Current Users" worksheet to next blank row in our "Previous Users" worksheet. The rows copied are always A:P. When the row is added to the "Previous Users" I want ...

Automatic updates of a Publisher file
Is there a way to automatically populate data in a Publisher file? My company has a catalog/price list that is based in Publisher. We issue this catalog to 3 different regions that all have different pricing. If there is a change to a description, a price, etc., I must manually update all three versions of the file. Is there a way that I can create a single Excel file with three different prices, that would automatically feed into Publisher? That way, I would only have to make the change in one place, but the changes would be seen in the Publisher document. Thanks. Mike ...

Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display page". What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes a tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two ways to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank you! We shall assume your thread should be entitled "Help with downloading *using* Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP." Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 6...

How do I move images in Word?
When I try to move an image or photo in Word I am unable to move it a short distance. The movement is locked so that it moves NO LESS than five centimeters in any direction. This is frustrating as I am unable to place my images and photos exactly where I want them. When I try to center an image it always has to be off to the side. Can anyone offer assistance to decrease the distance an image is moved? Many Thanks. By default, images are inserted in line, so they behave like large font characters. Change the layout option to anything other than 'in-line' and you can...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Transfer Juice (Podcatcher) downloads
Can someone help me understand how to transfer podcast downloads from Juice Podcast receiver subscriptions into WMP Playlists? Juice Downloads tab displays 6 (State) downloaded files. I've created a Playlist in WMP where it displays "Drag items here to add them." Draging Juice downloads does nothing. What am I overlooking? What version of WMP and Windows? I have never heard of this Juice Podcatcher, but did you try dragging the downloaded files from Windows Explorer to the playlist? What's the file type of these downloads (MP3, WMA...)? Regards -- Tim...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

can't download sp1 or sp2
Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering. I can still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this upgrade... I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the files and they are refusing. I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks, following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling...

outlook 2002 blocked attachments
Usint Windows xp Pro with Outlook 2002. I sent myself a e-mail from work with a file I wanted to install on my home computer. Outlook blocked the attachment as an offensive .exe. How do I get access to the blocked file? G'Day Jay, It would be a good Idea to ZIP the file before sending it, and un-zipping it on receipt - that's all you really need to do!. However, control of attachment blocking can be achieved by installing the "Attachment & Security Options" addin that can be downloaded FREE at http://www.slovaktech.com/ - the web page also has a clear description...