Blocked access to unsafe attachments

HELP! I have received an update to a client's office
software and now Outlook is telling me that I cannot save
the "potentially unsafe attachment." I do not remember
doing anything that would cause this and I have tried to
tweak the Security Settings to no avail. I need this file
for tomorrow and have looked all over MS's site only to
see that there is nothing that can be done for a "Level 1
(EXE) file" -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac
0
mac1279 (1)

See the following pages for help with this:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm  (you may need to
update to Outlook 2000 SP3 for this page to be of any help to you)

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Joseph R. MacKay" <mac@e-dbs.net> wrote in message
> HELP! I have received an update to a client's office
> software and now Outlook is telling me that I cannot save
> the "potentially unsafe attachment." I do not remember
> doing anything that would cause this and I have tried to
> tweak the Security Settings to no avail. I need this file
> for tomorrow and have looked all over MS's site only to
> see that there is nothing that can be done for a "Level 1
> (EXE) file" -- any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mac

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Exclusive mode
Developed a series of databases and applications in Access 2003. Now I am converting them to 2007. Access 2007 will not allow the conversion due to the fact that the database was open in exclusive mode. I have changed all the mode settings to shared but still not able to convert. Is there something new in 2007 that I have not found that turns exclusive mode off to allow the conversion. Thanks -- Robert ...

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

Exporting from Access Form to Excel
Does anyone have any ideas to get information that is entered on a Access 2000 form exported to Excel? When data is entered on my form sheet, it goes into a query. I would like it to go right to an Excel file. Any answer or any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

Escape from Access Calendar.
Hi, I'm on Access via Xp Office Pro running XP Pro with SP3. Quick question: What is the KeyCode for the Escape key in the KeyDown or KeyPress events? Also, is there a list of all KeyCodes somewhere? Detail behind the question: I have created a Calendar control that is working fine. Here is the code I used: Private Sub cboWorkDate_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single) Me.ocxCalWorkDt.Visible = True ' Make the calendar visible Me.ocxCalWorkDt.SetFocus ' Set focus on t...

Table in Access Form
Hello, I want to put a table in ACCESS form. And the numbers or the text will be used in querries and coding. How can i do this? Thanks... Regards, Create a form with a datasheet view of your table: 1. Select the table you want to use 2. Use the form wizard to create the Datasheet View. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "SupperDuck" <SupperDuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02BB96B3-879A-4AB0-9CC4-39173D6C54D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to put a table in ACCES...

Access Charts!!
Hi All, Maybe a little OT here let me try anyway please. I do quite a few charts in Access as that allows me to keep the charts with the source data and they are dynamic. However the 6 field chart limitation in Access means that I need to use Excel occasionally. (To be honest I prefer the flexibility Excel charting but the need to keep them dynamic prevails for this particular application.) Ms Query cannot keep the Excel data dynamic because of the functions that are being used in Access, so the data is exported to Excel each time. The data is in the form of a cross tab query that cha...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

outlook attachments #22
I am recieving the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" for emails with messages, is there a way I can find these messages or prevent this from happening in the future? I have Outlook Express 6 "abbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b61001c43769$0d8aa3e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am recieving the message "OE removed access to the > following unsafe attachments in your mail" for emails > with messages, is there a way I can find these messages > or prevent this from happening i...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Outlook 2007 saves attachments with "Temporary" file attribute set
When I save a file attachment in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the "Temporary" file attribute is set on the file. This is a problem because Microsoft Office Groove 2007 will not synchronize files with this attribute set. As a result, if I don't remember to manually unset this attribute on each attachment I save, it does not get synchronized by Groove. Is there any way to turn off this "feature"? Thanks for your help! AdamK P.S. The Temporary attribute is very well hidden from the Windows GUI. I've found that the program fileTweak is the best way ...

Postmaster Attachments Inaccessible
I realise that most messages on the topic of attachments relate to getting rid of them, but by now one has used Messagelabs to get rid of the worms and junk. Now I am unable to access genuine messages to our domain where the recipient names have been mistyped, and therefore I am losing business. In Exchange 5.5, the wrongly addressed message came through as an attachment which could be saved, opened, passed on to the right person etc. Now with Exchange 2003, the attachment, while clearly still part of the message (as shown by the size of the message), cannot be accessed at all. There is no...

Tables in Access Queries overwritten??? :(
I have queries that use set table names for them. E.g. a table called "Data" will be used in a Query. I import new tables each month. One of them will be called "Data". I wish to import the table and have the Data query use the new Data table. How do I do this? I thought if I delete/rename the old table prior to importing the new one, then the query structure would be lost/the query will reference the renamed table. If I import the new table, give it another name, then rename the old table and give the new table the old tables name ("Data"), th...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Can I import or convert a works database into access?
Hello, Is it possible to either import or convert a works database into Access? thanks Mysterious as it may be, Access and Works can't talk to one another. What you can do is export your data from Works to another format that Access can understand (.txt, .csv or .dbf), and then import it into Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "prismlight" <prismlight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:100FF8D3-3E37-4D2C-8D85-ACF269A914BC@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Is it possible to either import or conver...

Command LIne access
I would like to start access from the scheduler. To that end I have created a bat file that starts access with the /x option. (execute a macro) My macro has been coded to run a function called update. The function update calls the procedure that I want to run. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to find the procedure. I have double checked all spellings. What it does is start access and goes to the module screen with the first module highlighted. Unfortunately, my procedure is in the fourth module, as is the function exercised by the macro. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Ric...

Importing into Access 2000
I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not import or link. Any suggestions? Hi William, Suggestions? First one is to give us a bit more information: What happens when you try? Can you import other text files? What's different about this one? Separated or delimited? How many fields? Where did it originate? On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:57:16 -0800, "William Madison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not >import or link. Any suggestions? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in th...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...

File Size Limit in Access 2003 on WinXP Pro?
I've been told that there is a limit to the size of an .mdb file in Access 2003 on Win XP Pro. I get an error message "Invalid argument" when the file reaches 1.99GB. Is this is true, does the same limitation apply to Access 2007 ? If not, I can upgrade my Office to 2007... TIA! -Joe -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Hi Joe, Yes, there is a 2 gig file limit in A2003... If you have compact/repaired your data file and it is still 2 gig, you really should consider moving to SQL Server. Once your data file is this size I don't beli...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

outlook 2002 blocked attachments
Usint Windows xp Pro with Outlook 2002. I sent myself a e-mail from work with a file I wanted to install on my home computer. Outlook blocked the attachment as an offensive .exe. How do I get access to the blocked file? G'Day Jay, It would be a good Idea to ZIP the file before sending it, and un-zipping it on receipt - that's all you really need to do!. However, control of attachment blocking can be achieved by installing the "Attachment & Security Options" addin that can be downloaded FREE at http://www.slovaktech.com/ - the web page also has a clear description...

Trouble opening attachments #3
When ever I go into Outlook and try to open an attachment, it displays would you like to open the file or save the file, however the options to open or save are grayed out. Is there a security options to enable that -- David Peters ...