block embedded/inline images

Can anyone help me block embedded/inline images from displaying? I know we
can block external images in OL 2003.

If we clear 'show pictures' on internet explorer, we can block embedded
pictures in outlook, however that means I will have no pictures on internet
explorer when i browse internet, the solution Im not looking for.

For Outlook Express there is a registry entry for this, Automatically Inline
Images=0
IS there a similar registry entry for OUtlook?
0
Henry1 (156)

Basically, in prior OL 2003 versions is there way to block external images
(URLs) from displaying?

"Henry" wrote:

> Can anyone help me block embedded/inline images from displaying? I know we
> can block external images in OL 2003.
>
> If we clear 'show pictures' on internet explorer, we can block embedded
> pictures in outlook, however that means I will have no pictures on internet
> explorer when i browse internet, the solution Im not looking for.
>
> For Outlook Express there is a registry entry for this, Automatically Inline
> Images=0
> IS there a similar registry entry for OUtlook?
0
Henry1 (156)

my background image display
How do I get my background image to display properly? I can not find anywhere in Frontpage to address this. http://caroline407.com/ Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you What do you mean by "properly"? A background image will either tile (repeat accross and down the page) to fill a space larger than the image, or will cut off the area to the right and bottom to fill a smaller space. The image will _not_ shrink or stretch. Use CSS to place the iamge on the page: In the head of the page in code view, add <style type="text/css"> body {ba...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

eReference Embedding
After installing Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, whenever I open any application in Office, I get a message "Unknown Application Version". My operating system is XP Home edition ...

Watermark Image on Sheet
Is it possible to place a 'Watermark' image on a worksheet i.e. Company logo as you can do in Word? Thanks Hi John, In order to print a watermark. Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "John" <johndoconnor@yaho...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...

Missing image on first page
I have a report that pulls an image from a file. Everything seems to be working except the first page never has an image - only the variables that should go on the image. Any ideas?? ...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

how to ungroup an embedded chart
anyone available to help w this one? Copy it as a picture (hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, use the on screen and picture options), paste, then ungroup. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Pegasusgift" <Pegasusgift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4C1BA85-7CF9-4844-B044-1A226024617D@microsoft.com... > anyone available to help w this one? ...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

How do I move images in Word?
When I try to move an image or photo in Word I am unable to move it a short distance. The movement is locked so that it moves NO LESS than five centimeters in any direction. This is frustrating as I am unable to place my images and photos exactly where I want them. When I try to center an image it always has to be off to the side. Can anyone offer assistance to decrease the distance an image is moved? Many Thanks. By default, images are inserted in line, so they behave like large font characters. Change the layout option to anything other than 'in-line' and you can...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...

Need help referencing an embedded file
Hello - might I ask help of the experts here please? I have a macro in a spreadsheet that references back to a video file (Mfile= "test.avi") I want to e-mail the spreadsheet to a friend but in order to do so, she will have to separately copy the file test.avi to her c drive to make the macro function. This is inconvenient. Obviously I can embed the file test.avi into the spreadsheet as an object, but how can I change the VB code to directly reference it. I'm no VB expert, so any help would be appreciated Best TP ...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

removing white space around an image
I am inserting a logo onto a publication. How do I get rid of the white space around the logo so that it blends with the back ground instead of looking like a white square just stuck on my project. Select your image, On the picture toolbar, select the "set transparent color" tool, and click on the color you want transparent. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tdeaville" <tdeaville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7A86C82-6845-498C-98F4-B4E663E48ACB@microsoft.com... >I am ...

Embedded VC++ developers needed
I am Robert, an individual Project Manager. I need Experienced Embedded VC++ developers. catch me: mail: energyonboard@gmail.com chat: energyonboard - yahoo, msn, gtalk, aol, icq -Robert ...

outlook 2002 blocked attachments
Usint Windows xp Pro with Outlook 2002. I sent myself a e-mail from work with a file I wanted to install on my home computer. Outlook blocked the attachment as an offensive .exe. How do I get access to the blocked file? G'Day Jay, It would be a good Idea to ZIP the file before sending it, and un-zipping it on receipt - that's all you really need to do!. However, control of attachment blocking can be achieved by installing the "Attachment & Security Options" addin that can be downloaded FREE at http://www.slovaktech.com/ - the web page also has a clear description...

Embeded Images will not print as well as any formatting

CAsyncSocket
In reading the MSDN library, there are a lot of statements like "A socket can be in 'blocking mode' or 'nonblocking mode'." Specifically, in dealing with the function Send(...) what happens if the receiving end isn't ready to accept? In some of the articles, it looks like it blocks, in others it looks like it ought to return with a WSAEWOULDBLOCK error. The description of WSAEWOULDBLOCK says "The socket is marked as non-blocking and the requested operation would block." So how do I "mark a socket as non-blocking"? I thought that wa...

Outlook 2002
Hi, How can I stop Outlook 2002 from blocking incoming mdb files? Thanks Simon Have them send to you in a compressed format is the best way to go. If this is not possible you can unblock it as well (still not recommended); http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Simon" <Simon@Simon.com> wrote in message news:OPy$lDMPEHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can I stop Outlook 2002 from b...

How to block Zip files
I just noticed that outlook is letting users accept any file as long as it is in a zip file . I want to now block Zip files. How do I do this? You can do this by installing the admpack.exe available in the Office Resource Kit. Other options might be available on your corporate firewall or virusscanner. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "AlanM" <nooneatall@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eUGllA9ZEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I just noti...

Error on embedded HTML links in Outlook
I have Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2003. When I click on an embedded HTML link in an e-mail I get the following message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator Unfortunately the system admin does not know Can anyone help please - it used to work on Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >I have Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2003. When I click on an embedded HTML link in an e-mail I get the following message: > >This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect o...