Blank .msg attachments

Here's an odd one,

When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach
as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered
with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg
attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc,
..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it.

Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used.

Any ideas anyone?

--
The man with no shoes.
 MCSE (W2K3, W2K),  MCSA (W2K3, W2K),  MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others....

All replies to group please.
Remember : If you turn the light on quick enough, you can see what the dark
looks like.
---------------------

0
The

For those interested - Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 sorts this out.

--

"The Man with No Shoes" <themanwithnoshoes^nospam^@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:LNadnSMLcbA_aoXcRVn-pg@eclipse.net.uk...
> Here's an odd one,
>
> When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the
'attach
> as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered
> with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg
> attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc,
> .xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it.
>
> Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> --
> The man with no shoes.
>  MCSE (W2K3, W2K),  MCSA (W2K3, W2K),  MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others....
>
> All replies to group please.
> Remember : If you turn the light on quick enough, you can see what the
dark
> looks like.
> ---------------------

0
The

Viewing Attachment Sizes
Outlook 2003 The attachments are stored in the PST file. Is there a way to view a list of the attachments so I can determine their size. I could then delete attachments which take up too much space. Thank you for the feedback. That did the trick. I defined a new view definition called "My Attachment Size" using your suggestion. Is there a way to apply "My Attachment Size" View | Arrange By | Current View | My Attachment Size to every subfolder of the Inbox so when I select a subfolder "My Attachment Size" is the default view? It looks like one must manua...

i cant open mesage with attachment.
hello i've in my PC outlook 2003 and when i try to open a message with attachment the computer not respond. regards divaldo sousa Hello! > i've in my PC outlook 2003 and when i try to open a message with attachment > the computer not respond. Does that happen only with one message or with every message with an attachment? regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org ...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

Downloading of Attachments from a POP3 Server
Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? When needing to use a dial-up connection, having this ability will allow reading emails but not tie up the connection for hours downloading the attachments. Thanks! -- System Administrator Sprotte + Watson Architecture and Planning Vista, CA System Administrator wrote: > Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and > bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? > When needing to use a dial-up c...

Can't send or receive attachments
I have a New Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Internet Explorer 8 and MacAfee Security. I cannot send or receive email attachments from Windows Live Mail, This is the Error code; 0X800CCC0D. I AM NEW AT THIS AND I NEED HELP. Please don't miss the part that I am new at this. My experience on another forum has not been a good one. First I was advised to "Optimize and reset the default settings for Windows Internet Explorer 7, I did that and was able to send and receive email but could not send or receive email with attachments. So next I was advised that "Certain fil...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Re:excel attachment problem
I have a problem with opening an excel file attachment on Outlook Express. All other attachments are fine. Error message: Cannot find the file C:\Windows\temporary Internet Files\Content Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. How do I correct this? If you have a solution, please let me know? I've had different anomalies occur when I've tried the same thing directly from OE6. I don't know the precise answer but I've found that it worked OK if I detached them and opened from wherever they are placed. -- Regards; Rob...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...

No Respond Insert File Attachment at Win XP
I got problem when i created a new message and tried to attach a file, the dialog box just stormed at there. What caused this problem and how to solve it? I used Microsoft Outlook at OS - Win XP. ...

Saving an Attachment
I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the attachment to a particular folder, then delete the message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can somebody help? There are some utilities that will do that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm ExLife is one notable. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questio...

Slow file attachments in Outlook 2003
My company has recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. Since the upgrade we have observed users using offline folders having to wait a long time to open attachments while on or off the network (1-2 min for 23 kb file for example). We have found a fix of deleting the old ost file and creating a new one BUT, the only way that works is if Outlook does an auto sync (like when exiting Outlook). If you perform a manual sync it is just as slow as the original problem. We have seen this behavior on several different user accounts and different desktops and laptops. Does anyone kno...

BLANK FORM / QUERY
My database is pretty basic with tables, forms, queries etc. I'd like to display a form that allows me to type in a figure in the first field and the rest of the fields will populate automatically. I'm not sure how to create a query where the field awaits input. Thanks in advance. -- TomMurray In the query's criteria box, use square brackets: [Enter a value] or from a form: [Forms]![FormName]![txBoxName] in the first case, you will be prompted. In the second, you will only be prompted if the form isn't open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Unsafe Attachments/Edited Registry Still no Good
Outlook will not deliver attachments. I have edited the registry to include the extensions .exe;.aspx;.com, etc using the level1add and remove. It still will not send links, very frustrating. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks- Ron What version of Outlook are you working with? You can get this information from the Help | About Microsoft Outlook dialog. "Ron" <rjv2@bcn.net> wrote in message news:1992601c44d90$f0f1bbe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook will not deliver attachments. I have edited the > registry to include the extensions .exe;.aspx;.com, etc &...

Blank Records in Catalog Merge
I am printing a directory with the following information: Name Child's Name Phone Number Address The records that do not have an entry under "Child's Name" are coming out like this: Name Phone Number Address (...with a blank space where the "Child's Name" field would be.) Even worse (and more confusing when reading the final document) is when the record has neither a "Child's Name" entry nor a "Phone Number" entry, and you get this: Name Address Basically, I want it to ignore the line if there is no data in the field. Accord...

Blank Document no longer blank
Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will remove the words or picture from the default new document HELP please! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm for tips on how to remove content from the Normal.dot(x) Hope this helps DeanH "AnaMarie" wrote: > Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) > appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will > remove the words or p...

Page shows up in print preview, but prints blank...
I'm trying to print a booklet with graphics on both the front and back covers. The back cover graphics and text appear fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, it prints blank. The front cover is fine. Help! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Have you checked the manufacturer's web page for your model printer? There maybe an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...

Problem using MsgHook to send msg to running app
Hi, I am having a problem that I do not understand at all. :D I am trying to send a message to a running app called FileClean. This is a new version and the message hook is not able to obtain a hwnd for the running app. It does work with the older version, but I have not been able to find any difference's in the properties of either version and the app name is listed the same when running, in the task manager. Where else should I be looking for something different. Here is the code, this is from Karl's example, the FindWindow(FormClass, App.Title) returns 0 with th...

Blank Email
I have a customer with nagging and intermittent Exchange issue. Every so often when they send an email, the body of the email is blank, though there was text when they hit send. The Sent Items folder also shows the email with a blank body. There are no errors on the Exchange Server. It is happening on both the Terminal Server and on a PC, so it looks like it's Exchange Specific. Has anyone seen this? There in nothing on MS, and Google groups asks the question with no answer. Help! -Hal ...

Copy named range, but skip blanks
My goal here is to copy "NewRecord" and paste values only in the first blank cell in column A on the Payment History sheet, while skipping blanks rows. "NewRecord" has 22 rows with formulas in columns A, B & C. Sometimes all 22 rows will have data entered, sometimes only the 1st row. The marco works, but does not skip the blank rows in NewRecord - is it because there are formulas present? How do I fix this? Also, how do I assure my macro is pasting on the first blank row of column A? Application.Goto Reference:="NewRecord" Se...