blank email #2

I've been receiving a lot of email wirh blank subject and
no body text. I was wondering how I could set up a rule to
delete these emails.

Im using Outlook 2002
0
anonymous (74740)

I have the same problem, but with 2003.   Because I never received them
before, I'm thinking there is a problem with Outlook 2003.  I'm getting
about 2 a day.  Also, there doesn't appear to be a rule that works with
these "blanks."

--
Dana
Win XP & Office 2003

"Joe Blow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been receiving a lot of email wirh blank subject and
> no body text. I was wondering how I could set up a rule to
> delete these emails.
>
> Im using Outlook 2002

0
delouis (422)
10/10/2004 1:42:32 AM
Joe Blow <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I've been receiving a lot of email wirh blank subject and
> no body text. I was wondering how I could set up a rule to
> delete these emails.
>
> Im using Outlook 2002

I can think of two ways.  The first way involves creating two rules.  The
first looks for any letter or digit in the subject.  (i.e., "a" or "b" or
"c" ... or "1" or "2" ...) and does nothing, but contains "stop processing
more rules".  You only need to include the lower case letters, since rules
compare in a case-insensitive manner.  The next rule applies to all messages
and the only action is "delete".  So, all messages containing any letter or
digit in the subject will be delivered and all messages whose subject
contains nothing or only punctuation will be deleted.

The other method can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=253313
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)

test emails not working
I've just set up my email account but cant get anything to work. I've got the following error messages: The sever was found but there was not response. Have you checked with your ISP to ensure the account settings are correct? Have you tried deleting and recreating your accounts? Also, when posting a question about Outlook, it is essential you post your version (from the description, it sounds like you are using 2002 or 2003). -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be...

email address question
Can it be changed so that if a user sends email from our exchange 2k3 enterprise server the address showing will be from a different email address then then user's exchange address? In news:OCJyU9BCHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Mark <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> typed: > Can it be changed so that if a user sends email from our exchange 2k3 > enterprise server the address showing will be from a different email > address then then user's exchange address? No; they send from the address that...well, that they're sending from. What exactly is it you're trying to d...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Email Template Suggestion
When creating a template that will be used by Workflow, it is okay to "suggest" recipients for the template by default, however, the designer should have the option (at least an administrator) to determine who the recipients will really be. For instance, when a lead is created, I want to notify internal recipients with proprietary information, but NOT the potential customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pa...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

2 stacked charts
How can you have 2 stacked charts side by side? I want to compare months of data with 2 side by side stack charts. Is this possible? Thank -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Toni - You can make a clustered stacked column chart through clever arrangement of your data in the worksheet. See the details at Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look at the description for FunChart4 or at Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ht...

email hijacked?
Help! Periodically when I start-up outlook to check email, outlook will indicate that it is sending email even though I don't have email to send. The emails don't show up in the 'sent items' folder and i'm haven't been able to stop the emails to check what they are before they go out. I have received one or two email failure replies with content that I clearly didn't send. I think it's been hijacked, but haven't been able to locate the culprit with several spyware and security products (ad-aware, spybot, norton). Checked for mydoom and not in...

Visible Jpegs in email don't print
Using Windows 98 and Outlook 2000. JPEG within the email text (like a logo) do not print. I've forwarded the msg to Win XP/Outlook2000 and it prints fine. I've also controlled for the printer. The problem seems to stem from the computer running Windows98/Outlook2000. There don't appear to be any options to check. Could it be I need to download a certain patch or something? Thanks for any advice. Colfax Hi Colfax, this could be the help you need http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;271562 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den News...

Outlook 2003, how to recognize replied email
I've been a long time user of Outlook Express, am now using Outlook 2003. After replying to an email from the inbox in Outlook 2003, why doesn't the icon change showing me that I've replied to the email after doing so? Am I missing something, how do you tell if a reply has been made. Please send me a direct reply to skidown92.removethis@hotmail.com Thanks ...

Program Not Responding #2
When I open Outlook 2002 my email are retrieved and then as soon as i make any other selection the program stops responding. Opening in the safe mode gives the same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the entire office suite several times as well as performing the detect and repair routine. Any ideas as I am getting weary? What services are installed for Outlook, i.e. do you Exchange, a POP3 account, or both setup? Please reply to the group, and copy my email address directly. Greg r3gbrewer@xspamhealth.nb.ca "Mark" <murphymr57@yahoo.com> wro...

Second email address for recipient
running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003. I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users, who already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact for this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to create another alias for this particular user? There may be a better method then mine, but for us I just create a distribution group with email address of comments@mycompany.com, ...

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

DST in Update Rollup 2
As per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927751, DST patch (925874) is included in Rollup 2, has fix for 'New Zealand Standard Time'. We installed update rollup 2, User are in New Zealand time Zone. Activities created after rollup 2, and falls under delta period (Oct 1 to Oct 7) is not reflecting DSTchanges. Does anyone encountered similar problem and found remedy? I think you might need to use the patch referenced by KB937667, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet. Cheers Steve "Shankar VT" wrote: > As per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927751, DST p...

outlook 2000 opens mailboxes, but not email
Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Ron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000 will show mailboxes but will not respond when > trying to read or send. Did repair of Office 2000 > Professional and Outlook 2000 but to no avail. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman Hourglass stays on screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL to check status shows that Outlook is not responding and I have to end task. Operati...

Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3
Hi, I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007. What is required to set this up ? - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ??? - Firewall configuration ??? Thanks in advance. Regards Michael What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough. No pop required. No firewall changes either. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael <michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote: &...

vlookups and hyperlinks #2
I want to be able to enter a specified code on sheet 1 and have it go to the hyperlink I have for that code on another sheet where I have the codes and hyperlinks listed in a table format. -- roo143us Something like =hyperlink(vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) might work for you. lmolle wrote: > > I want to be able to enter a specified code on sheet 1 and have it go to the > hyperlink I have for that code on another sheet where I have the codes and > hyperlinks listed in a table format. > -- > roo143us -- Dave Peterson ...

I NEED A GENIUS #2
OK Geniuses - show me what you're made of!! Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web site, one of the columns contains numbers, yet when I try to refer to those numbers in formulas in other cells, it always comes up with the #VALUE! message, as though it were text in there, not numbers. Any ideas? It sounds like you have some extra "stuff" in the cell. Since it's coming from a web site, it might be non-breaking spaces (nice for formatting--awful for excel's numbers). Select that troublesome range and edit|replace find what: hit and hold the alt a...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

SBS 2003 with SP1 and CRM v1.2 restore
Hello, I am trying to run a restore on a lab server in preparation for reinstalling CRM in our production environment. We have an SBS 2003 Premium box without ISA installed and with SBS SP1 and SQL SP4 installed. I would like to know if anyone has tried to do a "ground-up" restore in a situation like this. Also the production hardware is significantly different than the lab server (dual-processor Xenon/SCSI RAID-1(produc) vs P4/IDE(lab)). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jeff Jones ...

email forwarding #6
I've tested and gotten internal email forwarding to work for contacts in the AD to an external SMTP address. Is there a way without 3rd party software to forward externally sent received email to an external email address? for example, we have a few remotes sales persons with their own AOL accounts. we want to be able to forward email received on our exchange server from joe@customer.com to recipient salesguy1@company.com forward to salesguy1@aol.com. for obvious reasons, we can't just allow open relaying to the AOL domain. Is there any way to allow this? I would think there would...

GP 9.2 on btrieve migration to gp 7.5/8
First I am having trouble putting GP 8.0 on a 98 machine is this not supported? Now to the good stuff, our company has been on GPA for 10 years and has now purchased GP 7.5/8. I am in need of some direction and help on the migration of this old system to the new. I am new to btrieve but not to sql which is what we have for the db sql 2k. What is the best approach to migrating this data to the new system? Hi This is a complex migration/upgrade. There are a few upgrade / migration steps you need to do to get MGP to v 7.5 / 8.0. You would need to purchase MGP migration tools from...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

VB Macro #2