Best Way ?

G'day All,

Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?

The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with
the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?

Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Have a good one,

Scott V

0
scott8520 (11)

You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a mail merge in
Word. It all depends on what data you want to keep where.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
> G'day All,
>
> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>
> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>
> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Scott V

0
suemvp (4038)
2/28/2005 7:29:16 PM
Why don't you make a Distribution List, and send your email to everyone in
that list in Outlook?  You can save the list and send future emails to that
same list.  Just curious?  I think that's the Best Way.

"Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
> G'day All,
>
> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>
> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>
> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Scott V

0
Chaney34 (30)
2/28/2005 7:29:36 PM
I disagree strongly. Keeping a DL updated with the myriad of address changes
is more difficult than maintaining a database or Contacts folder. You also
run the risk of the user putting it in the To box, and thus breaching
privacy, or of the recipient's spam filter blocking the message if you send
Bcc.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Micah Chaney" <Chaney34@OfficeDiscussions.com> wrote in message
> Why don't you make a Distribution List, and send your email to everyone in
> that list in Outlook?  You can save the list and send future emails to
> that same list.  Just curious?  I think that's the Best Way.
>
> "Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
>> G'day All,
>>
>> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
>> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
>> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
>> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>>
>> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
>> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>>
>> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>> Have a good one,
>>
>> Scott V

0
suemvp (4038)
2/28/2005 7:48:59 PM
Thanks Sue,

I was imagining the same.  Do you have any suggestions for what are the fors
and againsts.  It seems that Outlook has everything for keeping contacts in
one place.  Whereas I will have to create a database to keep this
information.

In reality I would like to use the best functions of each of the microsoft
products and use them together.  LOL!  Maybe Iam taking too big of a bite of
the pie at the moment.  Small steps.

Cheers,
Scott
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a mail merge
> in Word. It all depends on what data you want to keep where.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
>> G'day All,
>>
>> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
>> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
>> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
>> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>>
>> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
>> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>>
>> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>> Have a good one,
>>
>> Scott V

0
scott8520 (11)
2/28/2005 8:52:53 PM
One other thing.  I only want to maintain one list of contacts and their
details.  The less duplication the better.

Maybe its better to build things in Access then use the functionality of
Outlook to email ppl.  That way I can build on Access as needed.

Thanks again for any suggestions
Scott V

"Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> escribi� en el mensaje
> G'day All,
>
> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>
> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>
> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Scott V

0
scott8520 (11)
2/28/2005 8:55:30 PM
If you already have a customer database, there are ways to expose it in
Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm

--

> Thanks Sue,
>
> I was imagining the same.  Do you have any suggestions for what are the
> fors and againsts.  It seems that Outlook has everything for keeping
> contacts in one place.  Whereas I will have to create a database to keep
> this information.
>
> In reality I would like to use the best functions of each of the microsoft
> products and use them together.  LOL!  Maybe Iam taking too big of a bite
> of the pie at the moment.  Small steps.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a mail merge
>> in Word. It all depends on what data you want to keep where.
>>
>> "Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
>>> G'day All,
>>>
>>> Looking for some information.  With Outlook you can have all your
>>> contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada.  Can I use this
>>> information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl
>>> with email addresses?  Or is this better done with a Access?
>>>
>>> The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients
>>> with the latest promotions.  And want it to be a bit more automated?
>>>
>>> Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

0
suemvp (4038)

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

Is there an easier way?
There has got to be an easier to accomplish the same end results as the attached formula... any pointers? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Doc2.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4133 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- wmaughan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wmaughan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29743 View this thread: http://www.ex...

best fit line
I have a line graph with 6 series plotted (I.e. 6 different lines--sales on y, months of x). How do i add a best fit line to the chart? When i select Add Treanline, it only lets you select one series (and I'm assuming the result you get is a linear y=mx+b line....i 'm looking for the best fit line for serveral series... Thanks. jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com since it is a line chart, there are several things you could try. If it is justified, you could generate an average of the data points for each x point and plot it. Make a trend line of the average th...

Is there a way to automatically send follow up email messages?
I want to que messages to be sent at a pre-determined time. Is there a way to set up an autoresponder in Outlook? Set the "do not deliver before" option via the Options button when composing a new message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC7385B-678E-4BE8-BD45-448E648F6F32@microsoft...

Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall
Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall Click Here To Website : http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/Jacob-Co-wristwatch= -3939.html Luxury Watches Mall: http://www.watchesmall.net/ Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch Information : Brand : Jacob & Co. Watches ( http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/ ) Gender : Mens Code : jacob-co-watch-h-24ssbl Also Called : Case Material : White Gold Case Thickness : 47.50 mm Dial Color : Black Bezel : White Gold Movement : Automat...

Best Version, best performance
Anyone have a suggestion as to which is the Best Version of MSMoney? I'm using V2003. I'm thinking of upgrading to V05 but wonder if I will gain anything. I've turned off most things in V2003 because of its slow performance therefore I wonder if V2005 is faster? M05 is unlikely to be any faster and brings lots of its own complications. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm for one user's opinion. M04 was probably better than M03, but not by very much at all. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=174 for some thoughts on what happens if M06 (07, 08, 09...) is no better ...

Best money making programs in the internet!!!
Hi, If you are a stay home person or thinking of making money online, you should look at the following affiliate programs. This person make $3,500 weekly <http://hop.clickbank.net/?reneng/123secrets> This lady make $435K last year with this Super affiliate program <http://hop.clickbank.net/?reneng/webvista2> Earn $500,000.00 with $5 www.magictools.nl/list/1063/ <http://www.magictools.nl/list/1063/> Buy cheap cars from $200 and earn money <http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clicks.cgi?A=928797-0000&PA=reneng> All the best! Rene --- MAF Anti-Spam I...

Hash Match best?
I just saw 2 conflicting statements in 2 different posts and am confused on whether Hash Matches are good or bad when optimizing. I saw this earlier today: A clustered index scan means the query is looking at every entry in the index. You should try using a WHERE clause to turn that into an index seek instead. As for the hash match, that's the best inner join type you can get, so if it's slow all you can do is try to reduce the number of records being joined. I just saw this one: As an aside, though, both execution plans use a Hash Match Inner Join. Generally sp...

Line of best fit on a Histogram
Hi al Does anyone know if its possible to draw a line of best fit on a histogram. I have worked all the line of best fit points but i cannot seem to get it to draw itself into the histogram Thanks for all your help! Jazz ...

Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches
Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches REPLICA WATCHES: http://www.precisionreplicas.com We offer you a World of Luxury at very affordable prices and you can rest easy about your satisfaction of quality and service. Now, with just a few simple steps, you can own something that will make you feel and look great! You can go to that business meeting, sales conference, or cocktail party wearing a beautiful watch and be sure to catch people's attention. The way you act, dress and present yourself will always be looked upon by others. By choosing from our selec...

Label Printing
I create about 500 new items per week. I enter items in HQ, do WS250, go to each site (2 stores), then print out labels on 5160 sheet lables from inkjet. I also have several items each week that lose price tags and I need to painfully print labels for them one by one. This is such an inefficient process and I am looking for a better way. 1. What do people use to print price tags that you print barcode/prices directly on, instead of using labels? 2. Is there a way to print labels/tags from HQ instead of going to each site? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_0...