BCM not visible or installed?

OL2003 with BCM.  I installed BCM just fine but where do I access it
within OL?  I don't see any options for it under VIEW or FILE or
anywhere .  please advise and thank you.

0
red9104 (17)

Do you have an Exchange account? If so, BCM won't load.

If not, you should have a Business Tools menu in Outlook from which you can
access the BCM folders.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003
Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"red" <red@rum.com> wrote in message
> OL2003 with BCM.  I installed BCM just fine but where do I access it
> within OL?  I don't see any options for it under VIEW or FILE or
> anywhere .  please advise and thank you.

0
patriciac (522)
4/13/2004 7:32:43 PM
Not using Exchange.  No Business Tools Menu is visible.

Patricia Cardoza - [MVP Outlook] wrote:
> Do you have an Exchange account? If so, BCM won't load.
>
> If not, you should have a Business Tools menu in Outlook from which you can
> access the BCM folders.

0
red9104 (17)
4/13/2004 7:50:31 PM
I reinstalled BCM and now it's there!  Weird.  Thx again.

Patricia Cardoza - [MVP Outlook] wrote:
> Do you have an Exchange account? If so, BCM won't load.
>
> If not, you should have a Business Tools menu in Outlook from which you can
> access the BCM folders.

0
red9104 (17)

SBS2003 Installation
Does anyone know whether I can load enough components from SBS2003 installation without loading exchange to support BES. If possible I'd like to Install SBS2003 on a separate machine, load BES, and connect to our SBS2008 exchange, as opposed to purchasing Server 2003. Thanks. No. SBS was not designed to be installed piecemeal. Just as importantly, two SBS machines cannot exist on the same domain. This is both a legal and technical restriction. For companies that need BES, SBS 2008 Premium is a good choice as it comes with a second-server license. -Cliff "...

Error 80004005 on install -- additional info
I get the error message 'Unspecified error 80004005' when I try to install CRM version 1.0. CRM server is being placed on a P4 2.2GHz/510MB system that also has Exchange 2003 on it. SQL Server is on another system that is also 2.2GHZ with 512MB. They are both on the same domain. When I try to install I get the above error message and there is nothing 'new' on the SQL Server. On checking the logs for both machines I have found that the logon for SQL fails due to the use of a 'null' username. This occurs whether I use the 'localmachine' security account or speci...

KB977165 wants to install over and over
Good morning, I successfully (I thought) downloaded and installed KB977165 on Feb. 10 but as soon as I was finished it was once again offered as an available update. I have my Microsoft Updates set to notify me when one is available but not to download it. For the record I am using a Compaq Presario AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3300+, 2411MHz/1.93 GBs RAM, running Windows Xp Home, SP3., with IE8 and fully patched. I utilize Avast (Free) as my anti-virus and Comodo (Free) as my firewall and also check for spyware with Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, Trojan...

no sign of BCM after install
installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install happened even though there were no errors during install. Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... Verified in Registry that LoadCondition = 3 to load BCM It simply is not showing up anywhere (other than those registry keys) that I ever installed it. PLEASE help. matt@endeavor-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install >happened even though there were no errors during install. > >Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... > >Verified in R...

re-install?
Using MS Publisher 2000, its been installed for a long time on my IBM Netvista P4, Win XP Pro system. I installed Partition Magic and set up an additional partition on my hard drive (250 GB) and thereafter Publisher will not load. When I try to load it I get the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application". I've un-installed and re-installed Publisher and still the same results. I suspect there is some entry in my registry that is not allowing a pure clean install of Publisher...

Now that MS CRM is installed, what next?
All, I tried to post this here once and it didn't seem to take. So if you find it is a duplicate, my apologies! I have finally got MS CRM and all of the supporting software installed on a new server. The first time I opened my browser to the MS CRM default site, I received an error indicating the necessary security service was not running. Sure enough it wasn't. Got it started, and now when I open my browser and point it to the MS CRM default site, the browser closes immediately. I open the CRM Deployment manager and I am, in fact, a user with System Administrator role. I am qu...

Upgrades will not install in OUtlook 2002
Tired downloading the updates for outlook 2002 from the MS site. Downloads fine and then when it goes to install it ask me for a CD (Office 2000 SR-1) which I do not have and asks me for a file that is not on my installation CD. Now this is a fine state of affairs. What the Heck do I do now???? ...

The End of BCM
BCM is no longer available other than through volume licensing, (5 users minimum) now that Microsoft have launched Office 2010. So, having been suitably shafted by the mighy Microsoft, anyone got any ideas in which direction the Small Business User should go to make use of ALL the data, history and functionality already created with Outlook and BCM 2007. Thank you, Ian PS - Please don't suggest ACT as an alternative!!!!! Hi Ian. I do think it was not the best decision to only offer BCM through Volumn Licensing, since BCM is typically used by organizations that don't do it (me b...

Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New se
Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New Exchange 2003 Server on a New SBS 2003 Server. I receive this error and then the only option is to cancel the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I am trying to do at this point is to set up exchange so that my outlook users can share group calendars. I do not get this error with DomainPrep "Wolfgheist" wrote: > Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New Exchange 2003 > Server on a New SBS 2003 Server. > > I receive this error and then the only option is to cancel...

can't install update
i try many times to install update i have Error(s) found : code 646 windows update encountered an unknown error pls. try to help me Ashraf Insert you Office CD into you computer when using Windows Update to download and install the updates in question -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Ashraf" <Ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:488ECB3C-00D7-4F3D-AA4E-7AEBA6596450@microsoft.com... ...

2nd Exchange Server not visible
I have three servers in my lab domain, server01, server02, & server03. Server01 is a DC, GC, and the 1st Exchange server installed. Server02 is a member server & the 2nd Exchange server installed. Server03 is a DC and GC server. All mailboxes are currently in stores on Server01. Server02 has the default 1st Storage Group and has a mailbox store. When I try to move a mailbox from Server01 to Server02 only Server01 is visible in the drop down box. Both servers have MX records in DNS and both are members of Exchange domain servers. All 3 OSs are 2k3 Enterprise and both Exchanges a...

Problems with installing Microsoft Office 2003 from disc
I bought Microsoft Office 2003 from an ebay supplier. It is not a pirated copy it is authentic. Opened up my CD/DVD drive and put disc in to install. It would not run the disc but would allow me to open the disc to look at what was in the disc. I tried to run it manually and it still would not run. It won't install at all but I can install other discs such as DEFENDER PRO 5-IN-1. Can anyone help me? I contaced the supplier and he told me since it was opened there is no refund but he will test a disc and send me a replacement once I have sent this one back. Meghan An exp...

BCM 2007 Events and EventHandlers
Hi NG. I'm trying to write an application or add-in that has to act on some events from BCM for Outlook 2007. The events i'm interested in are events like Created, Updated and Deleted on entities/objects like Accounts, Contacts etc. (most of which are ContactItem objects). I have been able to find "some" events on the ContactItem object but far from enough to satisfy my needs. I would very much like to know: ------------------------------- 1) Where do I find these events (what objects should I be looking at if not ContactItem) ? 2) How do I go about writing and addi...

Folder closed and now not visible
I had two sets of Outlook Today [Personal Folders]. I clicked on "Close Outlook Today" Folder and the one set is no longer visible. Unfortunately, the missing folder is the one with all saved e-mails. How do I re-open that folder? Locate the specific pst-file (hidden file) and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "GizmoRN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

BP 3.0 Install
Installing BP 3.0, receving the following error: Microsoft.BusinessPortal.Install.DocumentLibraryCreator.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging ser.... Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process id = 0xa78 (2680), thread id = 0xe08(3592) Has anyone ever seen this...install will continue, but am unable to connect to GP data through BP. ...

HP Printer Installation
Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is stopped due to the following error: Enum The installer cannot acces this registry key. Please ensure that the installer has access to the registry and click retry to continue installation. Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum Manufacturer: Microsoft Does anyobe have a solution? Thank you ctgolfer108 wrote: > Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is > stopped due to the following error: > Enum The installer cannot acces ...

Installing office 2007 pro on vista
i have vista operating system and i'm trying to install office pro 2007. however, i get this message: Setup cannot find Excel.en.us\ExcelMUI.msi Browse to a valid installation source then click ok. what do i do? ...

date marked private is visible?!?
hi all! My client told me the following problem (they use ms outlook 2000, m exchange server): he has marked a date as private in his outlook calendar. his secretar has attached his mailbox into her outlook and she is able to look a his calendar because he put the user-permission to level2. now th problem: she is able to look at this private data. but why? thank you for helping! belex24 by the way: its not possible to use a search function over this forum isn't it? I can't see any button (I am using firefox on mac) -- belex2 --------------------------------------------------------...

Payroll Install
Hi, Could somebody tell us if there is a way to install payroll so the system does not ask for HRP dictionary? Thank you -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner Gilberto, I guess Payroll get installed by default without having to select the Human Resources Feature in Add/Remove Features while installing the GP if you are registered for the same. Are you getting this error following the same path? -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Gilberto" wrote: > Hi, > > Could somebody tell us if there is a way to install payroll s...

Hotfix for KB 969168 fails to install. Now what?
I'm trying to run Office XP on a new cleanly-installed Windows 7 64 bit system. I get the exact symptoms as described in KB article 969168 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168), concerning the need for the missing Microsoft Agent. So I requested and received the associated hotfix. When I go to install the hotfix, the install fails with "not applicable to your computer." Needless to say, the Office XP problem remains. What do I do next? Also, Outlook does not retain the email account passwords, even though the "remember password" box is checked...

Cannot access Internet after installing ISA2004 on SBS 2003 R2
Hi I've a clean install of SBS 2003 R2 Premium on a box with two NIC's configured as follows: Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : srv-01 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : MyCompany.local Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : MyCompany.local Ethernet adapter Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physic...

Installation of CRM Software
We recently lost our Server hard drive and have to reinstall our CRM software. This software was previously installed by an outside consultant so we have no experience installing the software ourselves. We have Small Business Premium Edition 2003, CRm 1.2 and Sales C360. We are curious about the challenges we may face if we try installing the software ourselves. -- Linda I would strongly recommend you get someone with CRM expertise to help out, unless you have some in-house people who are familiar with SQL and Active Directory. You will want to be familiar with the Implementation Gu...

Mail not visible in outlook #2
Hi sbs 2003 standard. If I go into outlook web access using <ip address>/remote I can see all user created folders under inbox and all emails in them. In outlook however I only see the subfolders under inbox but no mail items in any of them. If I do send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:19:05 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >sbs 200...

installing money
message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how do i solve this 1. Disconnect from Internet. 2. Uninstall Norton. 3. Install Money. 4. Install Norton. 5. Reconnect to Internet. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "eddyhoi@shaw.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b3c01c402ef$ae696ac0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how > do i solve this Forgive...

Can't install Silverlight updates from Microsoft
I now have five or six updates that will not install. The error says Code 64C. I've tried to find out how to solve this problem but failed. Can someone help? 64C means that you need to download manually and install manually -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:p1v0o5pu6ee613ho6dl5v2hpfq1hf55ls8@4ax.com... >I now have five or six updates that will not install. The error says > Code 64C. I've tried to find out...