BCM install

I installed the Business Contact Manager.  I was already using Outlook 2003.
After the installation I thought that new menus would be added or something,
but there isn't anything that I see to use the BCM features.  I restarted.
I browsed to the BCM directory and ran the enable.exe and it says it is
already enabled.

Suggestions?

John

0
jcolinger (2)

Are you also using Exchange? BCM is not compatible with an Exchange account.
-
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author o
     Administrators, Power Users, and Developer
     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.asp

     ----- John Olinger wrote: ----

     I installed the Business Contact Manager.  I was already using Outlook 2003
     After the installation I thought that new menus would be added or something
     but there isn't anything that I see to use the BCM features.  I restarted
     I browsed to the BCM directory and ran the enable.exe and it says it i
     already enabled

     Suggestions

     Joh

0
suemvp1 (83)

SBS2003 Installation
Does anyone know whether I can load enough components from SBS2003 installation without loading exchange to support BES. If possible I'd like to Install SBS2003 on a separate machine, load BES, and connect to our SBS2008 exchange, as opposed to purchasing Server 2003. Thanks. No. SBS was not designed to be installed piecemeal. Just as importantly, two SBS machines cannot exist on the same domain. This is both a legal and technical restriction. For companies that need BES, SBS 2008 Premium is a good choice as it comes with a second-server license. -Cliff "...

KB977165 wants to install over and over
Good morning, I successfully (I thought) downloaded and installed KB977165 on Feb. 10 but as soon as I was finished it was once again offered as an available update. I have my Microsoft Updates set to notify me when one is available but not to download it. For the record I am using a Compaq Presario AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3300+, 2411MHz/1.93 GBs RAM, running Windows Xp Home, SP3., with IE8 and fully patched. I utilize Avast (Free) as my anti-virus and Comodo (Free) as my firewall and also check for spyware with Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, Trojan...

Error 80004005 on install -- additional info
I get the error message 'Unspecified error 80004005' when I try to install CRM version 1.0. CRM server is being placed on a P4 2.2GHz/510MB system that also has Exchange 2003 on it. SQL Server is on another system that is also 2.2GHZ with 512MB. They are both on the same domain. When I try to install I get the above error message and there is nothing 'new' on the SQL Server. On checking the logs for both machines I have found that the logon for SQL fails due to the use of a 'null' username. This occurs whether I use the 'localmachine' security account or speci...

no sign of BCM after install
installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install happened even though there were no errors during install. Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... Verified in Registry that LoadCondition = 3 to load BCM It simply is not showing up anywhere (other than those registry keys) that I ever installed it. PLEASE help. matt@endeavor-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install >happened even though there were no errors during install. > >Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... > >Verified in R...

re-installing clip art
I have Windows XP and Microsoft Word 2002. My computer hard drive had to be re-formatted and Word reinstalled. In doing so, the original clip art that came with Word cannot be found. Is there a way I can search for clip art files that might exist now on the hard drive and if so, how can I install them so they can be accessed from Word's clip art menu? OR, if the clip art files are not now on the hard drive, how can I find them either on the internet or Word's installation disk and install them? best, Aaron If the drive has been reformatted and then written to,...

Redemption installation
I can't test / use Redemption. I use Windows XP with Office 2003 (both German Version) I tried to install Redemption on 2 Computers. I tried with the installation routine and with RegSvr32. Both installations seems to be successfull. (Entries in the registry) After linking the .dll in Access. - I see all the classes (incl. SaveMailItem) in objects. But they are NOT available in the Code ! BUT: The command "saveItem=createObject("Redemption.SaveMailItem")" results in error: "creating object with activeX component not possible" WHY ????? - hopefully anyone ...

Re-installing XP
XP is already installed on my computer but missing some things. Can I re-install XP over the old files and what happens...do I generate excess old files or does the new installation just overwrite the files? Thanx, Bill Johnsoon Please submit this question in a Windows XP newsgroup. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Billl Johnson" wrote: > XP is already installed on my computer but missing some things. > Can I re-install XP over the old files and what happens...do I generate > excess old files or does the new installation just overwrite the files? > Thanx, Bill Johnsoon &g...

Scheduled Instalments
Hi all, I wanted to explore Scheduled Instalments. I could not see the 'Instalments Schedule setup' menu from Tools >> SetUp >> Company as given in the Document. Can somebody help me in this regard Regards Yagna ...

BCM 2007 Events and EventHandlers
Hi NG. I'm trying to write an application or add-in that has to act on some events from BCM for Outlook 2007. The events i'm interested in are events like Created, Updated and Deleted on entities/objects like Accounts, Contacts etc. (most of which are ContactItem objects). I have been able to find "some" events on the ContactItem object but far from enough to satisfy my needs. I would very much like to know: ------------------------------- 1) Where do I find these events (what objects should I be looking at if not ContactItem) ? 2) How do I go about writing and addi...

BP 3.0 Install
Installing BP 3.0, receving the following error: Microsoft.BusinessPortal.Install.DocumentLibraryCreator.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging ser.... Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Process id = 0xa78 (2680), thread id = 0xe08(3592) Has anyone ever seen this...install will continue, but am unable to connect to GP data through BP. ...

HP Printer Installation
Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is stopped due to the following error: Enum The installer cannot acces this registry key. Please ensure that the installer has access to the registry and click retry to continue installation. Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum Manufacturer: Microsoft Does anyobe have a solution? Thank you ctgolfer108 wrote: > Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is > stopped due to the following error: > Enum The installer cannot acces ...

re-install?
Using MS Publisher 2000, its been installed for a long time on my IBM Netvista P4, Win XP Pro system. I installed Partition Magic and set up an additional partition on my hard drive (250 GB) and thereafter Publisher will not load. When I try to load it I get the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application". I've un-installed and re-installed Publisher and still the same results. I suspect there is some entry in my registry that is not allowing a pure clean install of Publisher...

The End of BCM
BCM is no longer available other than through volume licensing, (5 users minimum) now that Microsoft have launched Office 2010. So, having been suitably shafted by the mighy Microsoft, anyone got any ideas in which direction the Small Business User should go to make use of ALL the data, history and functionality already created with Outlook and BCM 2007. Thank you, Ian PS - Please don't suggest ACT as an alternative!!!!! Hi Ian. I do think it was not the best decision to only offer BCM through Volumn Licensing, since BCM is typically used by organizations that don't do it (me b...

Upgrades will not install in OUtlook 2002
Tired downloading the updates for outlook 2002 from the MS site. Downloads fine and then when it goes to install it ask me for a CD (Office 2000 SR-1) which I do not have and asks me for a file that is not on my installation CD. Now this is a fine state of affairs. What the Heck do I do now???? ...

Now that MS CRM is installed, what next?
All, I tried to post this here once and it didn't seem to take. So if you find it is a duplicate, my apologies! I have finally got MS CRM and all of the supporting software installed on a new server. The first time I opened my browser to the MS CRM default site, I received an error indicating the necessary security service was not running. Sure enough it wasn't. Got it started, and now when I open my browser and point it to the MS CRM default site, the browser closes immediately. I open the CRM Deployment manager and I am, in fact, a user with System Administrator role. I am qu...

Program not installed...
This might seem like it's very obvious as the subject of my question states "Program not installed". But this is the error page that I get on a system when trying to open up a document in Sharepoint. It's an intermittent problem and I tried to recreate the error today, and it looks like it's working fine now. I am just curious as to what would give me a program not installed error message? NOTE: This error is on a users computer not on mine. I thought maybe it's because of just what it's simply saying, Program not installed. Then I though well ma...

Install this correction update that comes from the MS
--zysocvvuv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vhdctruxspdihl"; type="multipart/alternative" --vhdctruxspdihl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="atqeoxlenjnxlt" --atqeoxlenjnxlt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Unattended installation question
I'm trying to setup an unattended installation of SQL 2008 Express Edition. I want the local administrator of the box to have sysadmin access. How would I put that in the configuration file? Since the Machine name is different depending on the name of the box that I install it on, it can't be hardcoded into the .ini file. I need to use some kind of variable. I tried logging in as .\administrator but that didn't work. Any Ideas? Thanks! ...

SBS2008 Installation/configuration
I have purchased SBS2008 Premium. I was told that I needed to purchase a Windows 2008R2 Server license for the second server? I thought SBS2008 premium had licenses for both SBS2008 and Windows 2008 server and that I just need additional user/device CALS. Also, Can I install SBS2008 AND Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V Viitualization all on the SBS2008 box, or does it have to be installed on separate servers? Hi David, You don't need another server license. You can install WS2k8 on the hardware, enable the hyper-v role, and then install SBS08 as a virtual machine...

Can't install Silverlight updates from Microsoft
I now have five or six updates that will not install. The error says Code 64C. I've tried to find out how to solve this problem but failed. Can someone help? 64C means that you need to download manually and install manually -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:p1v0o5pu6ee613ho6dl5v2hpfq1hf55ls8@4ax.com... >I now have five or six updates that will not install. The error says > Code 64C. I've tried to find out...

installing money
message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how do i solve this 1. Disconnect from Internet. 2. Uninstall Norton. 3. Install Money. 4. Install Norton. 5. Reconnect to Internet. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "eddyhoi@shaw.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b3c01c402ef$ae696ac0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > message says cant install beacuse of norton anti virus how > do i solve this Forgive...

Installation of CRM Software
We recently lost our Server hard drive and have to reinstall our CRM software. This software was previously installed by an outside consultant so we have no experience installing the software ourselves. We have Small Business Premium Edition 2003, CRm 1.2 and Sales C360. We are curious about the challenges we may face if we try installing the software ourselves. -- Linda I would strongly recommend you get someone with CRM expertise to help out, unless you have some in-house people who are familiar with SQL and Active Directory. You will want to be familiar with the Implementation Gu...

Installing office 2007 pro on vista
i have vista operating system and i'm trying to install office pro 2007. however, i get this message: Setup cannot find Excel.en.us\ExcelMUI.msi Browse to a valid installation source then click ok. what do i do? ...

Cannot access Internet after installing ISA2004 on SBS 2003 R2
Hi I've a clean install of SBS 2003 R2 Premium on a box with two NIC's configured as follows: Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : srv-01 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : MyCompany.local Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : MyCompany.local Ethernet adapter Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physic...

Hotfix for KB 969168 fails to install. Now what?
I'm trying to run Office XP on a new cleanly-installed Windows 7 64 bit system. I get the exact symptoms as described in KB article 969168 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168), concerning the need for the missing Microsoft Agent. So I requested and received the associated hotfix. When I go to install the hotfix, the install fails with "not applicable to your computer." Needless to say, the Office XP problem remains. What do I do next? Also, Outlook does not retain the email account passwords, even though the "remember password" box is checked...