BCM: Change database location

I need to change the default database location and want
to move the database files from C:\... to a folder on
D:\. I have SQL Server 2000 installed on my machine but
cannot access or change the database files of the MSDE.
How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Michael
0
anonymous (74721)

Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I need to change the default database location and want
> to move the database files from C:\... to a folder on
> D:\. I have SQL Server 2000 installed on my machine but
> cannot access or change the database files of the MSDE.

How is this an Outlook question?
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
anonymous (74721)
9/21/2004 2:32:39 PM
Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> BCM (BUsiness Contact Manager) is an Outlook Add-In.
> Which is the best newsgroup for this question?

Oh.  I didn't recognize the acronym.  Here, I guess.
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > BCM (BUsiness Contact Manager) is an Outlook Add-In.
> > Which is the best newsgroup for this question?
>
> Oh.  I didn't recognize the acronym.  Here, I guess.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
DaveJ1 (4)
11/13/2004 6:38:02 PM
DaveJ wrote:
> Has there been an answer to this question?

Best place to post BCM questions is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> BCM (BUsiness Contact Manager) is an Outlook Add-In.
>>> Which is the best newsgroup for this question?
>>
>> Oh.  I didn't recognize the acronym.  Here, I guess.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

0
lanwench (7567)
11/14/2004 12:46:20 AM
DaveJ <DaveJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Has there been an answer to this question?

Which question?  The original was from Michael
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>:

 > I need to change the default database location and want
> to move the database files from C:\... to a folder on
> D:\. I have SQL Server 2000 installed on my machine but
> cannot access or change the database files of the MSDE.
> How can I do this?

However, the question in the mesashe to which you responded was also from
Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>:

> BCM (BUsiness Contact Manager) is an Outlook Add-In.
> Which is the best newsgroup for this question?

And an answer, from me, to that question was also in the same message you
quoted:

> Here, I guess.

but that answer was wrong.  Lanwench had the best one:
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

markup changes
the markup percentage on inventory items randomly changes. sometimes up sometimes down. any thoughts? -- tomb Could be the result of making purchases. If you have 1 item in inventory that cost $5.00 and you sell it for $10.00 the margin is then 50%. If you buy 6 more at $5.50 ea and are set up to use the weighted average cost update method, then your weighted average cost is $5.429 and your margin declines to 45.7% -Eric "tom" wrote: > the markup percentage on inventory items randomly changes. sometimes up > sometimes down. any thoughts? > -- > tomb ...

Numbers change into date.
I have excel 2003 and am doing a project for my school in it. The problem is that every time I write something like 18,4 it changes into 18.apr. It only happens in some rows in one of my Sheets so i guess it's something to do with the settings. Because of this i cant finish my homework, but i don't want to loose everything. Begin by typing an apostrophe (single quote): '18,4 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200779 "MarteinnS" wrote: > I have excel 2003 and am doing a project for my school in it. The problem is > that every time I write something like 18,...

How to change the default width of line when deal with chart?
How to change the default width of line when deal with chart? You have two choices: Create a line chart and set its weight as you want. Then with the chart selected choose Chart, Custom Type, User-defined, Add. Or select the chart and choose Chart, Set as default chart. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "Default width of line" <Default width of line @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE9100ED-5E70-4463-B6EF-44B3CF6D8DA4@microsoft.com... > How to change the default width of line when deal with chart? ...

Options show no change
When updating the current value of a call option the change field remains zero and the portfolio change amount is unaffected. In microsoft.public.money, David Hollinbeck wrote: >When updating the current value of a call option the >change field remains zero and the portfolio change amount >is unaffected. Does the symbol have a leading period such as .MSQGF ? If so, what is the symbol you are using? I assume you are referring to downloaded prices rather than manually entered prices. Be advised that Money does not let you change the symbol on a listed option. :-( You can work ...

no sign of BCM after install
installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install happened even though there were no errors during install. Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... Verified in Registry that LoadCondition = 3 to load BCM It simply is not showing up anywhere (other than those registry keys) that I ever installed it. PLEASE help. matt@endeavor-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install >happened even though there were no errors during install. > >Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... > >Verified in R...

correcting page count when user changes printer selection
If the user changes the printer settings between OnPreparePrinting() and OnBeginPrinting() the new page count is not reflected in the number of times OnPrint() is called. Without handling the entire print process, is there any way to: 1) Find out if the print dialog selection was "all pages". 2) Get the framework to act on the new maximum number of pages. (calling pInfo->SetMaxPage() is effectively ignored in OnBeginPrinting() . Thanks. Jan ...

change user on each record
It would be nice to record the last changed date and the user who changed each record on ALL records, even if a history of changes is not being kept. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

Changing Title Bar
Hello, I developed an ActiveX control. Within the ActiveX control I display a message box using AfxMessageBox(). However, the title of the message box is the partial ActiveX control name. How do I change the title bar of the message box? TIA, Jacques Use ::MessageBox(..) API instead of AfxMessageBox(). The other option is to override the DoMessageBox() member of your App class and change the title. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:OBfS5yDwDHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx....

How do I change the default font in an EXISTING Excel workbook?
I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one day to the next in one particular workbook. I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Blue Format>Style>Normal>Modify. This is a workbook property so may be different from your default style in other workbooks. Change the Font to what you would like. NOTE: this also affects the Column and Row headers. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:06 -0800, "Blueski" <Blueski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one...

Hyperlink or Other Method To Return To Previous Location (Sheet) Possible?
Hi, Just wanted to know if it is possible to have a command (Hyperlink etc.) return you back to the previous location (sheet)? Kind of like the Back button on Web Browsers that returns you back to the Page you recently left... Thanks In Adavance for any help here.. -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=565028 I'm going to assume there is no such return link, or command, within excel...

Saving Changes
Last night my daughter created a homework assignment using Publisher 2003. Its about 30 pages. She added text and pictures and saved after each page. Why are the pages blank today? She said she used the save icon. How big is the file in kilobits? Could be do to the size it is taking a longer time to open. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "krb" <krb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94ECE68D-5A40-4FE2-994A-7DEEE1D3172A@microsoft.com... > Last night my daughter created a homework assignment using Publisher 2003. > Its about...

How can I change text size permanently?
How can I permanently change the size of text? View | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings... "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF98065-B18B-475C-A22E-1BD79E6D65CB@microsoft.com... > How can I permanently change the size of text? Tom, Unfortunately, in the version of Word that I am using, "Current View" does not exist under "View". Pauline "Tom Felts" wrote: > View | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings... > "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microso...

Change Exchange Domain
Hi Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't send emails to that domain. Thanks in advance -- Jose Meireles =?Utf-8?B?am1laXJlbGVz?= <jmeireles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CE785A6D-E6F8-45BC-8B79-A8B5CCB7D344@microsoft.com: > Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing > Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't > send emails to that domain. I don't quite understand what you are asking. Excha...

Primary database deleted and need to stop log shipping now
One of my N/A's deleted a primary database in SQL 2005 which had log shipping configured. Needless to say, now I get errors in the log shipping reports and event viewer. I have removed the SQL Agent jobs for the backup, copy & restore jobs for this database in Mangement Studio. However, I stil see the errors. I have googled it to death and see some documents that tell me to delete the database name from the tables in the system database. I was under the impression you can not edit system tables in SQL 2005. Any informtation that can be provided is greatly apprec...

The End of BCM
BCM is no longer available other than through volume licensing, (5 users minimum) now that Microsoft have launched Office 2010. So, having been suitably shafted by the mighy Microsoft, anyone got any ideas in which direction the Small Business User should go to make use of ALL the data, history and functionality already created with Outlook and BCM 2007. Thank you, Ian PS - Please don't suggest ACT as an alternative!!!!! Hi Ian. I do think it was not the best decision to only offer BCM through Volumn Licensing, since BCM is typically used by organizations that don't do it (me b...

BCM 2007 Events and EventHandlers
Hi NG. I'm trying to write an application or add-in that has to act on some events from BCM for Outlook 2007. The events i'm interested in are events like Created, Updated and Deleted on entities/objects like Accounts, Contacts etc. (most of which are ContactItem objects). I have been able to find "some" events on the ContactItem object but far from enough to satisfy my needs. I would very much like to know: ------------------------------- 1) Where do I find these events (what objects should I be looking at if not ContactItem) ? 2) How do I go about writing and addi...

Change Account Setup
How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates? I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates, and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in question. The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore. (I use M05 btw). -- Joaneee "SEABEE" wrote: > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual&quo...

Archive change for outlook 2007
Hi In the old outlook I had an archive button in my toolbar where i could manually archive items and search through the the archive folder for older items. In the newer version that button has disapeared and I am having real issues with my archiving. Is there a way to get this button back or is this option not in the new version? -- Thanks Ruth You mean AutoArchive? It's still in the same location; Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button AutoArchive... The manual archive method can also be found in the same location; File-> Archive... -- Robert Spa...

Changing Outlook address
Hi, I get my email forwarded from my website to Outlook. When I reply from Outlook the address shows my computer address. Is there anyway I can configure Outlook so that the address shows my website address? ...

Changing Company Name Means Changeing Domain Name
Our Company Name is changing. And they have asked me to Chang the Name of our Windows 2000 Domain Name. Specifically they want our logins to chang from tom@oldcompanyname.com to tom@newcompanyname.com . And email to change from tom@oldcompany.com to tom@newcompany.com This looks like a pretty large task. Please fill in the blanks I am missing: 1. Remove all computers/resources from the oldcompany.com domain. 2. Demote both Domain Controllers. 3. Promote the DC's as Domain Controllers with the new Domain Name: Newcompany.com 4. Configre DNS to support the required domains. 4. Join t...

Text alignment Can I change default
ExcelXP defaults the vertical alignment to 'bottom'. Can this default be changed to 'center' ? Donf You could create a template workbook and set it up so that each sheet has the alignment you want. Then save it in your XLStart folder as book.xlt. Whenever you start a new workbook (based on this template), you'll have the setting you want. If you create a new workbook (with a single worksheet) with the same settings, and save that in XLStart, then each worksheet you add to an existing workbook will be like you want Don wrote: > > ExcelXP defaults the vertical...

store changes sent to headquarters
Allow the store to create items and make changes to items and allow these changes to be propagated up to headquarters.(only if this feature is activated) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

If have preformatted footer, how change page format to page x of y
In Word 2007, I'm using a preformatted footer with a page format of Page x. I want to change the page number format to Page X of Y. How can I do this? Hi d0318, Open the footer and, after the Page x, type ' of ', then press Ctrl-F9 to create an empty field (ie '{}') and type 'NUMPAGES' between the field braces, so that you get '{NUMPAGES}', then select the field and press F9 to update it. When you're done, close the footer to return to the body of the document. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "d0318" <d0318...

color change in cell
trying to figure out how to change a color of the writing in a whole cell I can not figire it out. Hi do you mena 'Format - cells' and change the font color?? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Claresa wrote: > trying to figure out how to change a color of the writing in a whole > cell I can not figire it out. ...

Change Regarding Field
Quite often an e-mail thread has been started before a problem in promoted to a case. Because the regarding file is closed in existing e-mails I cannot link them to the case. Any way to change the regarding field or create a copy of the e-mail with an open regarding field? ...