BCM and Exchange

When you use Exchange with Outlook 2003  BCM is automatically shut down. I
know there is a registry hack to re-enable it but I can't find it. Any idea
where it could be?
TIA
Stefano

It is not supported in the RTM.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Stefano <Fritzly@nospam.hotmail.com> asked:

| When you use Exchange with Outlook 2003  BCM is automatically shut
| down. I know there is a registry hack to re-enable it but I can't
| find it. Any idea where it could be?
| TIA
| Stefano

0
MillyS1 (1480)
10/31/2003 5:00:10 AM
Thanks for the follow-up; so now I have to wait for the official fix from
MS.
Regards
Stefano

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> It is not supported in the RTM.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Stefano <Fritzly@nospam.hotmail.com> asked:
>
> | When you use Exchange with Outlook 2003  BCM is automatically shut
> | down. I know there is a registry hack to re-enable it but I can't
> | find it. Any idea where it could be?
> | TIA
> | Stefano

church Exchange/Outlook
I've set up, and am administering an active directory domain supporting our church office. We're using MS Exchange with outlook clients. I'm looking for an effective way to set up an address list/book consisting of internet addresses (outside contacts, church members, etc) that is viewable at all times by all users, and is able to be administered by a few (secretary, admin asst, etc) It needs to be globally accessible in the "show names from the..." dropdown list in the to... and addr. book windows. Also, the nature of the church calendar requires it to have Sunday as...

no sign of BCM after install
installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install happened even though there were no errors during install. Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... Verified in Registry that LoadCondition = 3 to load BCM It simply is not showing up anywhere (other than those registry keys) that I ever installed it. PLEASE help. matt@endeavor-inc.com >-----Original Message----- >installed Outlook 2003 with BCM - no sign that install >happened even though there were no errors during install. > >Installed patch required for SBS 2003 environment... > >Verified in R...

Exchange 2003 Backups?
What do I need to backup in Exchange 2003? I'm using BackupExec and when viewing the Exchange Server I have the option to back up the following: Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Micrsoft Exchange Public Folders Microsoft Information Store In addition I can back up priv1.edb from the \exchsrvr directory. Do I select all for backups or is this duplicating efforts and extending my backup needlessly? Thanks! select Micrsoft Exchange Public Folders Microsoft Information Store you backup priv.edb whilst the database is dis-mounted/offline during some not so common tasks, dont backup vi...

Requesting data from frontend exchange server
I have 1 front-end server in the DMZ for OWA and 1 back-end server with all mailboxes. When some internal ol2k2 users are creating or updating a meeting and Outlook is checking the free/busy information, they get the "Requesting data..." message. This message references the Netbios name of the front-end server which will fail due to firewall settings. I don't want the Outlook client to use this front-end server, how do I direct it to use only the back-end server? ...

Cannot Find DC Exchange 2000 SP3
I have tried moving exchange to 3 different computers now all with the same results. "All Domain Controllers In Use Are No Responding" however the controller is there and responding quite well. In the system log I am getting all kinds of messages from LsaSrv, MrxSub, DCOM, Browser. Note this is a machine that was not having any problems until exchange was applied. What is going wrong? ...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Multiple Exchange Users
I need the users in the dl-ecm list to be able to send mail as 'ECM' (Long name "Enterprise Change Management") (ECM@XXX.COM ?) The desired effect is that members of this list can send mail that appears to originate from the entity 'ECM' and not themselves. Replies therefore will go to the list. This essentially allows for anonymity and the use of the ECM account as an 'entity'. The list is currently comprised of the following 5 users; How would I achieve this goal with Exchange 2003 and AD 2003? ...

Exchange and BlackBerry's
Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry's is to use the desktop redirecter. Is there some other way to do this that doesn't require the desktop redirector? Thanks yes...you can use the Blackberry Enterprise Server... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uNK5VQOTFHA.2548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black > berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry...

Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5?
Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5? In short of making a spreadsheet of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I was hoping MS would have a list. Thanks in advance. Steve I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer you with the post sp KB's Hope this helps. David "steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:6c2501c42ee9$c9bed140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a definitive list of what ...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

Change Exchange Domain
Hi Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't send emails to that domain. Thanks in advance -- Jose Meireles =?Utf-8?B?am1laXJlbGVz?= <jmeireles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CE785A6D-E6F8-45BC-8B79-A8B5CCB7D344@microsoft.com: > Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing > Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't > send emails to that domain. I don't quite understand what you are asking. Excha...

Veritas backup error in Exchange 2003
Veritas attempts to backup the mailbox store and succeeds on all files but one. The error I get is "access is denied." I am using a service account that has full rights to all email accounts. When I go to the email box via Outlook 2003 the email that is affecting the backup doesn't exist; however, in OWA I can see the email in question. WHen I try to delete the file I get the following error: "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." OWA is unable to display the message to, I get a file not found error. I...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

The End of BCM
BCM is no longer available other than through volume licensing, (5 users minimum) now that Microsoft have launched Office 2010. So, having been suitably shafted by the mighy Microsoft, anyone got any ideas in which direction the Small Business User should go to make use of ALL the data, history and functionality already created with Outlook and BCM 2007. Thank you, Ian PS - Please don't suggest ACT as an alternative!!!!! Hi Ian. I do think it was not the best decision to only offer BCM through Volumn Licensing, since BCM is typically used by organizations that don't do it (me b...

DNS test
Hi All! I am installing a new 2003 server (both win og exch) that should replace our old NT4 + exch 5.5 Now, I did it as DC for the domain that is named "company.local", since I don't want to mess with our ".com" domain that is officialy registered on the net. We are having this server sitting behind NAT router. Everytning went fine, but when I run the preparation test before installing Exchange 2003, I get following error: ============================================================= domain: company.local DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed [WARNING] The...

How to set up Rule in Microsoft Office 2003 from Exchange Server .
How to set up Rule in Microsoft Office 2003 from Exchange Server ... In Outlook, choose Tools | Rules and Alerts.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "faisal" <faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:A1166A38-F98C-4C97-AB21-45B0E9DFBEFD@microsoft.com... > How to set up Rule in Microsoft Office 2003 from Exchange Server ... ...

Exchange ESUTIL Options
I have an exchange 2000 server which I inherited from another administrator that has a 12 GB EBD on a 20 gig drive. I know that I need to have users delete or archive their e-mails and then run ESUTIL. In Exchange 2000 you can have 2 Stores. Can I create 1 store and have mail go into that while defragging the other EDB and then either A. Run both stores at the same time or B combine the stores so no mails are lost. I have been Google &#8216;in for quite a while and haven't found anything concrete. Thanks in advance for your help. Erin You might want to read up on running...

OWA Problem in Exchange Server 2003
Hi, I have a newly installed Exchange 2003 server running on WIndows 2003 and OWA isn't working. The issue is that when the page is accessed I get the page with no error messages but all the icons have been replaced by the boxed-in red x's, there are no messages displayed, none of the backgrounds are displayed and nothing works. I have looked at another similarly configured server and can't find anything different in IIS settings, directory permissions, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Through the IIS Manager, look at the properties for the Exchweb virtual directory (under...

SBS Exchange 2003 SP2
A company installed SP2 a while ago on our main exchange server. We now come to find out the SP2 non-trial was released. Is there any way to install SP2 over again on the same server? On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:29:02 -0700, Michael F <Michael F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A company installed SP2 a while ago on our main exchange server. We now come >to find out the SP2 non-trial was released. Is there any way to install SP2 >over again on the same server? Straight over the top. Back it up before and back it up afterwards. Before you apply the SP, make sure you can resto...

Exchange 2003 Mapi error 5
Each time we start the services on our exchange server we get the following event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeES Event Category: General Event ID: 5 Date: 28/04/2006 Time: 03:00:05 User: N/A Computer: ****** Description: An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Has anybody come across this before? TIA That error translates to 'Access Denied.' Looks like you are getting this for the Exchange Event Service. That service is there for leg...

BCM 2007 Events and EventHandlers
Hi NG. I'm trying to write an application or add-in that has to act on some events from BCM for Outlook 2007. The events i'm interested in are events like Created, Updated and Deleted on entities/objects like Accounts, Contacts etc. (most of which are ContactItem objects). I have been able to find "some" events on the ContactItem object but far from enough to satisfy my needs. I would very much like to know: ------------------------------- 1) Where do I find these events (what objects should I be looking at if not ContactItem) ? 2) How do I go about writing and addi...

Exchange Server 2000 Public Folder Rules
I have setup four Exchange Server 2000 Public folders with rules which fire when new messages arrive which generate autoresponses. These will work fine for a few days or maybe a week then stop working for no apprent reason, only way to get working again is to stop and restart all exchange services. Nothing logged in any of the event logs, all public folders rules fail at same time. Exchange 2000 has SP3 installed + Post SP3 updates from October last year. Any ideas anyone ? Thanks Mark. ...

Auto schedule of sutting down exchange services
How can I shut down Exchange services in Windows 2000 server? I want to schedule it for nightly backups On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:24:01 -0700, Thomas <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I shut down Exchange services in Windows 2000 server? >I want to schedule it for nightly backups > Do an online Exchange Aware backup instead. Offline backups do not purge transaction logs. why would you want to do that? the native windows backup utility, as well as 3rd party backup programs (using their exchange client agent) are able to backup public and private stores with...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Clusters
Has anyone seen any hic ups when applying SP2 to clusters. Thanks in advance. -- Robert de Groot None so far. Multiple clusters. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C0E361-6AB6-4A4B-9D35-4929FAB28D1C@microsoft.com... > Has anyone seen any hic ups when applying SP2 to clusters. > Thanks in advance. > -- > Robert de Groot One Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster (1500 users), no problems occured during upgrade. "Bharat S...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...