BCC #2

Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails?
0
anonymous (74722)

no, BCC information is not available in mail you receive.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"WraithMan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails?

0
dianenws (1904)
10/18/2003 1:40:24 AM
Unfortunately no.  That's why it's called Blind Carbon Copy.  Thank
goodness 'cause that could make for some BIG message files.  If more
people would use BCC it would make for neater messages.

Steve L.

WraithMan wrote:

> Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails?

0
lenaghan (39)
10/18/2003 2:47:09 AM
How would I know if the message I received was intended as a BCC to me?  I'm
trying to make an automated formatting to change the inbox line to a new
color if a message was sent as BCC.

Thanks in advance.

"Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> Unfortunately no.  That's why it's called Blind Carbon Copy.  Thank
> goodness 'cause that could make for some BIG message files.  If more
> people would use BCC it would make for neater messages.
>
> Steve L.
>
> WraithMan wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails?

0
kikoman8 (1)
10/31/2003 5:31:41 AM
You wouldn't.  To my knowledge, there's no way to color code the BCC
recipients different from the primary recipients.

If you click on outbox and then on the Organize icon, you can get different
colors if you're the only recipient, but I'm not sure how that applies to
BCCs.  If it's sent to just you and three other BCCs, I'm not sure if you'd
see the color for only you or if you'd be aware others got it.

"Kiko +" <kikoman8@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How would I know if the message I received was intended as a BCC to me?
I'm
> trying to make an automated formatting to change the inbox line to a new
> color if a message was sent as BCC.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately no.  That's why it's called Blind Carbon Copy.  Thank
> > goodness 'cause that could make for some BIG message files.  If more
> > people would use BCC it would make for neater messages.
> >
> > Steve L.
> >
> > WraithMan wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails?

0
lorien (93)
10/31/2003 6:56:02 AM
In the organise view, choose Using Colours.  Click on the Advanced
tab.

Fields - All mail fields - Bcc and enter your criteria.

Andy

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:56:02 GMT, "Lorien" <lorien@farcroft.com>
wrote:

>You wouldn't.  To my knowledge, there's no way to color code the BCC
>recipients different from the primary recipients.
>
>If you click on outbox and then on the Organize icon, you can get different
>colors if you're the only recipient, but I'm not sure how that applies to
>BCCs.  If it's sent to just you and three other BCCs, I'm not sure if you'd
>see the color for only you or if you'd be aware others got it.
>

>"Kiko +" <kikoman8@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> How would I know if the message I received was intended as a BCC to me?
>I'm
>> trying to make an automated formatting to change the inbox line to a new
>> color if a message was sent as BCC.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
>> > Unfortunately no.  That's why it's called Blind Carbon Copy.  Thank
>> > goodness 'cause that could make for some BIG message files.  If more
>> > people would use BCC it would make for neater messages.
>> >
>> > Steve L.

0
news9548 (5)
10/31/2003 10:52:19 AM
I don't see that option for BCC in Outlook 2000 - perhaps it's in a later
version.

But I think she wants to know how to tell if the email she received is a BCC
or not.  In effect, she wants to know if others are aware she received a
copy of the email.  Unless the sender encodes the message as you suggest
(assuming she has a version on which that's possible), there's no way for
her to be able to figure out which way it was sent to her.

"Andy" <news@no.spam> wrote in message
> In the organise view, choose Using Colours.  Click on the Advanced
> tab.
>
> Fields - All mail fields - Bcc and enter your criteria.
>
> Andy
>
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 06:56:02 GMT, "Lorien" <lorien@farcroft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >You wouldn't.  To my knowledge, there's no way to color code the BCC
> >recipients different from the primary recipients.
> >
> >If you click on outbox and then on the Organize icon, you can get
different
> >colors if you're the only recipient, but I'm not sure how that applies to
> >BCCs.  If it's sent to just you and three other BCCs, I'm not sure if
you'd
> >see the color for only you or if you'd be aware others got it.
> >

> >"Kiko +" <kikoman8@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> How would I know if the message I received was intended as a BCC to me?
> >I'm
> >> trying to make an automated formatting to change the inbox line to a
new
> >> color if a message was sent as BCC.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message

0
lorien (93)

Formula Encryption #2
Is it possible to encrypt or hide a formula in Excel and still input data into the worksheet? Thank you for your help, You could protest the worksheet so that the users could not visit that cell But the security is not that strong - we all have password breakers! best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Ra" <Ra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F3EEEE1-86E9-4394-8CC4-8D77ABAB47A2@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to encrypt or hide a formula in Excel and still input data > into the wo...

Deleting multiple lines #2
I have a about 25000 + codes in one column (A) some of the codes are duplicated 7 or 8 times. some 1 or 2. How do I remove the duplicates. With out doing it by clicking on each line individually? Hi. Check out Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tammytlc" wrote: > I have a about 25000 + codes in one column (A) some of the codes are > duplicated 7 or 8 times. some 1 or 2. How do I remove the duplicates. With > out doing it by clicking on each line individually? ...

Out of Stack Space #2
Hi, I'm getting an "Out of Stack Space" error when using my forms. It does not happen all the time (had the program running all day and it happened once)... I got it on a form.show... Basically I have about 5 forms and only one will be shown at anyone time onscreen so I do form1.hide form2.show etc so only one is on at a time....Is this something that would cause memory to be used up? I'm not an expert at VB...this is the first thing I have written... any ideas? Cheers... Craig.... -- The Zero ST "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote... .... >...

Rule that will BCC recepients
Hello All, I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that will allow me to do the following: 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) 2) BCC 123@zyx.com Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vasa Forgot to mention, I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com <vasilijepetkovic@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd like to build an Outlook rule for my profile xyz@zyx.com that > will allow me to do the following: > > 1) After any message arrives forward it to xyz@zyx.com (myself) Try looking at the ...

Microsoft Exchange server 2007 #2
Hi there, I Downloaded and used Exchange SDK, There was a sample on VC++ named CreateAppointment, I'll get error while I want to run the sample, I saw there error occured on this lines: // Set the provider to the Exchange OLEDB driver. connection->Provider = "ExOLEDB.DataSource"; connection->Open(iMailbox->BaseFolder, bstr_t(), bstr_t(), -1 ); Please do me a favore and help me if yiu'd like. Regards, I am getting follwing error : The following calendar has been opened: CreateAppointment threw the following error: IDispatch error #...

ver.2.
How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? dexter You can buy it from any certified RMS Reseller. The price varies based on where in teh world you are. In US the end use price is about US$1,400. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "dexter" <dexter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBE0032-194E-488F-9232-A991D3586155@microsoft.com... > How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? > > dexter ...

Exchange 2003 Questions #2
Hi, I already have in place my forest root w2k3 domain and will be planning to use Exchange 2003. Our company AD structures will contain chicd domains and another other forest domains. With trust established between forest to forest; a. can my child domain users be able to utilize Exchange easily? b. How about between forests will users be able to utilize Exchnage of the other forest domain? Appreciate any replies. Thanks TagaR a) Yes. Definetely. Any user in your forest can have a mailbox b) Yes, though you'll need to provision disabled accounts in your forest for every mailbox e...

IF Statement with both AND and OR Criteria #2
I'm having difficulty creating an if statement that has both AND/OR criteria. The following statement covers the OR part, but how do I include the AND condition? =IF(OR(A1=TRUE,A2=TRUE),C2,"N/A") In other words, return the value in C2 if A1=TRUE OR A2=TRUE. In addition, F2 must = "Include" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! T Try =IF(F2="Include",IF(OR(A1=TRUE,A2=TRUE),C2,"N/A"),"N/A") "T" wrote: > I'm having difficulty creating an if statement that has both AND/OR > criteria. T...

ODBC #2
Hi, I;ve got a flat-file database I'd like to be able to access using odbc. So that would basically mean writing an odbc driver? Can anyone help where to start, preferably code samples etc. I have the specs to the flat file database, so all I need is the interface part Tia Arthur If your flat file is dBase format or CSV text or something standard there may already be a driver for it. Otherwise, you'll have to write one. Something like this: http://www.syware.com/products/odbc_driver_kit.php Maybe help you get started, but it's spendy. "Daffy D." <x666nl@yah...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

2 of 5 barcode
Hi one of our Clients started using RMS and used the default 2 of 5 barcode. Now that thay have labeled all their inventory and bought a Symbol 2208 scanner (USB) it would not read the barcodes on labels. The scanner reads UPC and many other codes right out of the box. Is there anything we need to do with the scanner for it to read 2 of 5? It came with a utility program that fails to communicate with scanner. The utility program prints barcodes to program the scanner but the scanner fails to read those codes. The programming codes in the manual however are easily read by the scanner. ...

- Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet #2
Stephan Ducharme just became a millionaire on the Internet ... and he was caught on tape, revealing everything! Click here : http://freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=33977 Rush on the page before it gets banned! --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060831105137X1q7YbV9 ...

Standard or Enterprise #2
Hi Can anyone point me towards the differences in xchange 2003 standard and enterprise versions. our current db is around 14g and has grown fast. I was thinking of creating some seperate storage groups for individual offices or departments. I am presuming i can only do this with enterprise version only. In order to create multiple exchange databases would i create multiple storage groups or simply create multiple mailbox stores. What are the limitations of the different versions with regards to multiple servers/storage groups/mailbox stores advise is most appreciated as always On T...

bcc problem
I have a Mac (snow leapord) with entourage 08 and when I change the "from" address, I can't send to anybody using bcc. If I leave the from address as me, and put in a destination address via bcc, it works fine. If I put an email address in the To: field and one in the bcc field, and change the from address- the email goes through to the To recipient, but not the bcc recipient. If I open the sent message in the sent folder, I can see the bcc address. Summary: I can't send any email bcc if the "from" address is changed. Anyone seen this? Goes throu...

Pivot Table from 2 worksheets
I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two worksheets. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003? I need to create one and don't know how. Thanks so much. Nadine Hi Nadine Take a look here http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html Post back to this thread if you are still having problems -- Regards Roger Govier Nadine wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two > worksheets. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003? I need to create > one and don't know how. Thanks so much. ...

webmail #2
What is the best way to filter junk mail through webmail. We are running exchg server 2003 with webmail installed. I know that webmail has some built in functionality under the options tab but we are looking for something more robust. Bob wrote: > What is the best way to filter junk mail through webmail. > We are running exchg server 2003 with webmail installed. > > I know that webmail has some built in functionality under > the options tab but we are looking for something more > robust. Use a server-side antispam solution such as Microsoft's Exchange Intelligent...

convverting time 2:30 to 2.5
How do I convert times such as 2:30 to 2.5 hour I am trying to calculte the number of hours between time in and time ou Example time in 12:00 - time out 14:30 = 2:30 and I want it to say 2.5 so I can calculate total hour Hi sna! =(B1-A1)*24 Format General Time is recorded by Excel as a decimal part of a day which is why you multiply by 24 to get hours in a number format. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. There's no need to convert. Leave...

Encumbrance #2
Does anyone know of a third party ISV encumbrance product which will tracks budget used to date beyond items entered in Purchasing. This is to say that within the standard product: at the time of Purchase order entry the amount is subtracted from the budget available and if the budget available falls below zero a notification is brought up, however if an item has been re-classed in the general ledger or accounts payable the amount is not removed from the budget available. Owen Cullimore 212-244-9009 ...

curving text #2
I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve of the oval. Can't seem to do it... Give Word Art a try. The "A" icon on the left side of the screen. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD80208-ABEF-45D5-B14A-B088E308CE88@microsoft.com... > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve > of the oval. Can't seem to do it... I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wo...

RMS 2.0 #2
Hi Folks Does anybody know what will be new with version 2.0? Allot of press about Vista but nothing about RMS 2.0! Curious customer!!!!! Danny This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_06DA_01C71CC9.77D76EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Danny, They just released updated brochures to resellers last week and I expect = them to be public near the end of December for either a mid January = release or heard Friday, maybe February (because of Vista on Jan 30) --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Sof...

A few questions #2
Greetings Excel Gurus! A few questions, please: 1. I have a spreadsheet with subtotals that appear every seven rows. Every month I add another 7 rows. I'd like to come up with a formula that would allow me to total the subtotal cells. In other words, if my subtotals are, e.g., in cells C6, C13, C20, C27 etc., what's the formula that allows me to total these cells without inputting all the cell numbers manually. There must be a function I'm not aware of that provides for referencing cells in this manner, isn't there? 2. How does one find the last active row in a spreads...

Outlook 2003 unable to access menu by right clicking on message #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C39C85.0A7CA470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003=20 on Windows 2000 PCs. Two users are unable to right click=20 on messages to get the menu options (junk e-mail, etc.). =20 It was working for them initially but stopped=20 functioning. We have tried to uninstall and run Office=20 Clean but were unable to resolve. It seems to work if=20 they select multiple messages at one time but cannot right...

etech #2
It would be nice if a user could add their own problem, cause, and repair codes from Etech. It would also be good if the user could click on a call, but not open it, and have the call stay hi-lighted. Then the user will know which call the notes at the bottom go to. Right now if they move the mouse the notes stay the same but the mouse pointer will be hi-lighting other calls. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messag...

Lookup question based on 2 columns per worksheet, 2 worksheets total
Excel 2002 Windows XP I have two worksheets in a workbook, sheets 1 and 2 respectively. Each sheet contains a rather large table that are for all intents and purposes the same except that one table (sheet 2) has more up to date information than the one in sheet 1. Each sheet contains an X labeled column (column A in both) and a Y labeled column (column B in both). The values in these columns are geographic coordinates. What I'd like to do is add information from sheet 1 to sheet 2 based on matching coordinate pairs. For example, if on sheet 2 I have A2 = 1234.567 (X value) and B2 = 4...

Average #2
I am trying to calculate the average amount of time it takes for payments to be processed. In Column A I have date sent In Column B I have date Paid In Column C I have the formula Days360 In Column D I have the formula Average The problem I have is in column C I have the formula running from cell C1 to C102 when it works out the average it counts the blanks and gives out the wrong answer. Any help Please How about =SUMPRODUCT((A17:A20<>"")*(B17:B20<>""),(B17:B20-A17:A20))/SUMPRODUCT((A17:A 20<>"")*(B17:B20<>"")) -- ...