backup tool problem

backup tool, it never appears on the menu of Outlook 2003

Add it manually;
Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options-> button COM
Add-ins... and browse to;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Offfice11\Addins\outbak.dll

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"s" <sachin.walawalkar@dttin.com> wrote in message
> backup tool, it never appears on the menu of Outlook 2003

0
Roady

Workbook Printing Problem
Printing each sheet of a workbook individually works fine. Printing the entire workbook causes only the first sheet to print correctly (scaled to fill the sheet), the remaining pages are reduced in size (not scaled properly). Any suggestions to correct this (I want to use print entire worksheet to save time)? Try changing the views in each worksheet to Print preview and move the borders around? "j4ever" wrote: > Printing each sheet of a workbook individually works fine. Printing the > entire workbook causes only the first sheet to print correctly (scaled to ...

Problems with opportunity conversion function
Hi I have been trying to code a function that allows one to convert an opportunity entity into a custom project entity. The specifications for this given by the client is as follows: Creates a new custom project entity containing all relevant fields(client and project name) Sets the opportunity as won Transfers all activities linked to the opportunity to the new project entity I've run into a problem with the last two. No matter what I do I always get the error 'SoapException was unhandled - Server was unable to process the request.' (MOST USELESS ERROR EVER!!) Stacktrace a...

Outlook 2003 Synchronization Problem #2
Hi, My network runs Exchange 5.5 at the Mailserver. I have laptop clients recently upgraded to Office 2003 SP1 who use Outlook 2003 for email synchronization. I have created two Send/Receive Groups called Online and Offline. When online and the user shuts down, the synchronization dialigue box appears, doesn't come up with any errors, but runs too fast. If you open Outlook again and choose the offline option you can see that synchronization didn't take place as a test email sent and sucessfully delivered in onlune mode does not appear in offline mode. However if I do a manual sync us...

Problems with GP10 Field Service module
I keep having new problems come up after upgrading from GP9 to GP10. At first it was we could not post sop invoices that created a new contract and now we find that Contract Revenue Recognition isn't working. I figured out that applying SP3 resolved the invoice posting problem. When I open Transactions>ContractAdministration>RevenueRecognition I get the following error - "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSVC00625'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SVC00625'." before the window opens. If ...

Backup.pst #2
I have office 2003 Window XP Home with SP2 I do not get the Outlook.pst option to backup in the file drop down menu. The program is loaded OK. thank you Here's some really good and very easy steps on backing up your PST: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm#Backup_pst-file -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "bazer" wrote: > I have office 2003 Window XP Home with SP2 > > I do not get the Outlook.pst option to backu...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server
Hi, During the installation of the CRM Outlook Client I have a problem where I cannot connect to the CRM server. I used the same address to connect CRM Server via the web browser. I then proceeded with the installation, hoping I could configure this after I've completed the installation. I couldn't find anywhere how I could configure the CRM Outlook client (Bit daft I thought or is it just me??) When I fired up Outlook I got these messages: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem per...

problem viewing 'items to review' in register
I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking at the register, the right navigation bar has the text "Items to Review (126)", but none of the imported transactions appear in the register. Help told me to repair the money file and empty the temporary internet files. Neither fixed the problem. Downloading trasactions to other accounts work fine. Anyone have an idea how to fix? Thanks derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking >at the register, the right...

Problems with converted MDB
Hi, all. We have a database application created in Access 97 that we are trying to convert to Access 2002. When I convert the file, it appears to go without a problem. But when I try to run it, it gives me the error "The expression you entered has a function name that CLS Access Toolkit can't find." (CLSToolkit.mdb is the name of the .mdb file). An Autoexec macro runs a function (and it is a function, not a sub) but when I call and step through the function, everything goes fine. I asked a colleague to do a conversion of the same application and then send it to me. He was...

Best way to handle problem
I am working a temporary job and trying to create an EASY to use for for tracking training employees. I have a LARGE list of classes. I have looked at handling this severa ways: 1) Straightforward drop down list of all classes - Problem: Th list is very large and the names are so long (with several variants o each class - ie: internet class, classroom, or self paced training) an the drop down box (which doesn't word wrap that i have seen) would hav to be a full sheet wide just to see the entire course name. 2) A Use Form which would accomodate a box that would be more adjustable to...

Problem with eConnect 8.0
Hi, i am using Great Plains 8.0 with eConnect 8.0, and the db is mssql 2005 eConnect was originally installed on a web server and the stored procedures were installed on the GP server running sql 2000 at the time. the server was migrated to sql 2005. the eConnect stored procedures were not installed on all companies, and now we need to install it on another company. we go to the install, and choose INSTALL ADDITIONNAL COMPANIES, and select the instance of sql, then select the db to install to. The install goes through, and then when we try to use our custom app, we get an error and a...

Reading XML from Database - Serious Problem

Xml Serialization
I generated a class from a schema. One of the fields are typed as System.Guid. Perfect. The only problem is when this class serializes, the guid field serializes as 8c4a969b-2aa4-4679-b170-d9f6441f7c6d, when I need it as {8A3ACA06-A7DE-41A5-B584-063E7CF391BB}, all upper, and with braces. Is there a way to force the XmlSerializer to serialize as the latter format? I tried to turn the field into a string property with private field type Guid. That way, I can store it as a guid but format it the way I want. The problem this time - the properties serialize last and my elements are now out of...

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

Component Trnsaction Entry - Allocation Problem
hi to all, I am using GP 9.0..... I faced a problem in manufacturing on the component transaction entry; the case as follows: I defined an item and it is tracked by lot, I add it to the BOM and create a MO. then I allocate the items using component transaction entry screen ...... then I issued the items ....... when I checked the item inquery I saw that the item that tracked by lot is still allocated ...... but when I check the transaction behind the Allocated field there is no transaction ........ I did an inventory Reconcliation then the quantities adjusted to zero on the allocated ...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

An other Best Practice tool question
Running the exchange Best Practice tool reports the following warning: "RUS did not process all changes" The tell me more link brings me to: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/e2e86e4c-772a-4fce-a784-f5291fdd7652.mspx I have no problems folling the article except for step #3 "Next, use ADSI Edit or a similar tool to locate the Recipient Update Service object whose gatewayProxy attribute contains old data" How can i find out which gatewayproxy attribute caontains old data? Another words I am not sure what data to actually remove. There...

Any tools to check any web site is secured or not?
There are two general indications of a secured web page, but I found none for www.i-access.com, but customer service representative mention they used other tools for security, so you would not see following two general indications and tell me feel safe to trade online. They get no proofs on any security for online trading, can you trust them? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check whether this web site would encrypt transition data or not? Thanks for any suggestions John 1) Check the web page URL Normally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin...

OL 2003 and problem with zip files
We have a problem on our office PC that has started since yesterday. We receive .zip archives as a mail attachment but the last three we have received will not open or save. We have gone back to known good zip archives which have opened previously from Mon/Tue this week & earlier and those now won't open on the same PC. We have forwarded the email to another PC and this can open/save the .zip archive as expected. In addition the Subject line has mysteriously disappeared from within Outlook but we have now got that back. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem...

Problem in permanent type add-in toolbar
Hi, I have been facing a issue with dealing with my add-in toolbar. I want to make my toolbar permanent so that use can hide and reposition it permanently(even after restarting Outlook). At the same time, I want to support my add-in toolbar for all opened Outlook explorer. I want to make sure that at any point of time there must be one and only one toolbar on any Outlook window. I have tried below methods but none worked: 1. Tried deleting toolbar on shutdown. This doesn't delete the toolbar and each restarting outlook adds new toolbar. Private Sub AddinInstance_OnBegi...

Backup Utility
How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it disappears from the "File" tab. Thanks Reinstall might help http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=50663FD1-DBAD-4705-B915-E4CF683E70FE&freetext=backup&DisplayLang=en David "Zanji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205501c3e101$90ea31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it > disappears from the "File" tab. > > Thanks I have tried Reinstall a couple times without success, also gone as far as ...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

A Static linked control problem
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with static-linked library in my MFC based project. The structure of the projects is like this: MainControl project contains MainControl.cpp and mainControl.h HeadApp.project contains all application files, and the AppDoc class here (created by MFC wizard) contains the MainControl object: CMainCtrl *m_control; It compiles fine intill I try to create the control on Runtime: m_control = new CMainCtrl(); Here I get an unresolved external symbol error, even if I write the exact path to the MainControl header file.. What's wrong? Thanks for your time.. ...

Macro in Workbook problem
I have a document that when I open it I get the Document May contain Macros window. Well when I look into this document under Tools, Macros, it doesn't show any macros. It's a pain every time I open this document to hit the disable macros button. Please help this go away! Thanks! Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules: - open your workbook - open the VBA editor with ALT+F11 - remove the modules - also check if there's some code in the worksheet modules and/or the workbook module. Delete this code - close the VBA editor - save the workbook - Try again -- Regards Frank K...

Problem with SQL "Like" clause in Excel
I'm having a bit of difficulty running a basic SQL query using excel. I'm connected to a Microsoft Access. Here is the SQL I am using: SELECT count(*) FROM 3_REPORT WHERE CallType = 3 AND PartyIDName Like '*fax*'; If I run this SQL inside Access it will run just fine and return the count of rows just like I want. However, when I put it into the VBA it returns "0" as the row count, but I know there are 192 rows. Is there a problem with the "Like" clause and the VBA? I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. -- ...

migrate tool
is there a mailbox migration tool FROM communigate TO exchange? if so, what's the name/source? if not, any ideas on how to potentially automate the process of migrating Outlook/Communigate users to Outlook/Exchange 2003 users? The easiest thing would be to download mails for communigate users to PST's, create users and mailboxes in E2K3 and import PST's to Exchange mailbox. You can use ExMerge to import mails from PST's to Exchange and use Outlook or Outlook express to download mails to PST from communigate. -- Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging "bob britton" w...