Backup & Retreive Outlook 98 .pst files???

How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?  Please, Please give me
step by step instructions for both.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

glen@ccim.net

0
ccim (20)

Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked:

| How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?  Please, Please
| give me step by step instructions for both.
|
| Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
|
| glen@ccim.net

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/15/2004 1:10:57 AM
Thanks Milly, I'll try to wade through it in the morning.  I trust that this
works with Outlook 98 as well as Outlook 2000?

Glen
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhingaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:u4D4nRw2DHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
> without reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked:
>
> | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?  Please, Please
> | give me step by step instructions for both.
> |
> | Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
> |
> | glen@ccim.net

0
ccim (20)
1/15/2004 4:41:44 AM
Milly,

I had about 746mb of *.pst files and I wanted to copy them onto a CD (700mb)
so I went through and deleted a substantial number of messages that were
old.  Windows Explorer still shows 746mb.  Any idea why this didn't change
and how I can get it below 700mb?
TIA
glen@ccim.net
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhingaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:u4D4nRw2DHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
> without reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked:
>
> | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?  Please, Please
> | give me step by step instructions for both.
> |
> | Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
> |
> | glen@ccim.net

0
ccim (20)
1/16/2004 12:49:38 AM
glenf <ccim@jps.net> wrote:

> I had about 746mb of *.pst files and I wanted to copy them onto a CD
> (700mb) so I went through and deleted a substantial number of
> messages that were old.  Windows Explorer still shows 746mb.  Any
> idea why this didn't change and how I can get it below 700mb?

Did you compact them after deleting the messages?  Right-click on the folder
in Folder View, click Properties, then Advanced.  There should be a Compact
Now button.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Outlook 2000 #92
Please any Help? Outlook 2000 will not remember my email passwords, I'm running XP Pro. Is there a patch or upgrade from Windows or Microsoft? THANKS for any HELP!!! ...

Synchronizing Locally Installed Outlooks
> My laptop has Outlook 2003 & my desktop PC has Outlook 2002. They are > connected by a wireless router. There's no server - this is at home. I can > easily access files on the PC from the laptop. Not so much the other way > around. I would like to be able to check my email accounts on either machine > and keep the Outlooks synched. How do I do this? Thanks so much. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my p...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Outlook Security Settings.
Hi. Have a user that is complaining about picuters that is not visable. It appears as red X. How can the user see the pictures? The user is running Outlook2003 wtih all updates. Thank you in advance. Assuming he has downloaded content enabled, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp. To enable download content, right click on the red x and choose the option to download content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

How to use Outlook as a phone book?
Is there any program that interfaces with the address book of Outlook whereby I can bring up a name and have the option to email, IM (MSN/Skype/Yahoo Messenger/Paltalk), phone or fax them? I would need a fax modem with full duplex of course for phoning and faxing. And a mic or headset. It just seems redundant not to use the computer as a phone. The possibilities are endless for contact management, not to mention incoming calls. They could all be logged on the computer. The downside is the computer has to be on all the time. But for many of us, it is anyway. Gary...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

outlook/AT&T
my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service is giving him grief: The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this message box appears: Error Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The server responded:? K' He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he tries to send and receive again it says that he has no new mes...

Outlook 2003
Our business has about 175 users all using Outlook 2003 and we currently are using IMail as our mail server. I have just installed Exchange 2010 and would like to miagrate all of my users over to the new server. Currently the only way to add the Exchange account to my end user's Outlook is to have the close out of Outlook and for me to manually setup the account using Mail from the Control Panel. Ofcourse we have to change the default settings to communicate with the Exchange 2010 server using encrypted data for it to work. We currently are not using the GPO (outlk11.ad...

Outlook.box???
Anybody now what this file does??? According to http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm, it contains a custom control toolbox to be used in form design. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:079301c3ae7f$d081c130$a301280a@phx.gbl, Steve wrote: > Anybody now what this file does??? ...

Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2000 problem
Exchange 2000. We use Terminal Services on 2000 server with office 2000. We recently set up a terminal server on 2000 with office 2003. Now that i have connected to the new terminal server with 2003, if i connect to the older terminal servers i dont have any of our exchange 2000 contacts in outlook 2000. if i opent the configure mail, i have ??? twice for services. I believe it has to do with the profile names on the two different machines are different, but i am unable to create one with the correct name. any suggestions would be appreciated. Brent ...

Outlook caused error OUTLLIB.DLL
Outlook 2000, Windows ME. I get the following error message when closing Outlook: "Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL. Outlook will not close." The KB has many items on OUTLLIB.DLL, but not this particular issue. Also, I've seen this question asked before, but no replies on how to fix the problem. rob.calm I found something myself in the KB that worked. KB310413 dealing with the interaction between Outlook and Mcafee VirusScan. The error was different than mine, but the procedure suggested eliminated my problem. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

App_hang on splitting E-file transaction
OS: Vista 64bit I keep getting an app_hang when I try to split a downloaded transaction into 2 other split transactions. Specifically, the 2 splits are loan payments (hence split into interest + principal) written on a single check. Whenever I go to change the downloaded cleared check to reference the 2 seperate loan payments, the application hangs. When I re-start money the transaction keeps getting downloaded again and then hangs the app again when I try to split. You should fix that :P ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

German Dictionary in Outlook 2000
I notice that the German dictionary does not find obvious mistakes, for example if I use the VERB "wuensche" it will only give me the NOUN "Wuensche" and that is false. It is similar for other words, it then always want to correct it to the Noun with Umlaut, not the verb. Any experience by writers who also use German with Outlook 2000? ...

Outlook won't start #3
Hello group, My colleague has got a Windows 2000 system here with Office XP Pro installed. Since a week, Outlook fails to run, it gives a typical error message "Outlook failed to start correctly last time" and it asks to start in safe mode. However, safe mode gives a generic error message with the option to send an error report, etcetera. Now the strange thing: after a complete Office uninstall, machine reboot, and Office reinstall, it still gives exactly the same errors. I've checked background processes, and nothing weird running over there (no WinFax or something). A...

Sales for Outlook views return "Cannot find server or DNS Error" 02-27-04
I know I saw a thread from a while ago of someone else experiencing this - anyone know of what to do? When I right-click, choose Properties, and go to the Home Page tab, I see the URL as something like this: http://localhost:2525/stage.aspx?page=Home&area=nav_home When I telnet to localhost 2525, I get no response. I checked in the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM, and saw that the DWORD entry CassiniPort (value 2525) exists now, and I also checked it after installing (it was also there). Any ideas? ...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

Auto configuration of Outlook 2010 beta
When 2010 beta autoconfigured gmail account, it made outgoing server "imap.gmail.com" - should be - "smtp.gmail.com" (per Google) One result was that each email send got a pop up saying that the server certificate was expired and asked if it should still be used. Changing outgoing server as described appears to have remedied this issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not se...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

Outlook leaves email in outbox
Hello, We are connected to an exchange 2000 server but still have our internet email hosted at our ISP. So as of Monday after working fine for 2 years, Outlook now will lock up when trying to send internet mail. This only happens when under settings, delivery, internet mail is at the top of the list. Meaning if we send out via the exchange server it works fine. After locking up, when shutting down Windows we will get the meassage that ThorConnWndClass is not responding. Can anyone please help???? Thank you, Tim ...

Publisher 2007
We just upgraded to Office 2007. In my old version of Publisher (2003), the print settings I had assigned to each file were retained in that file--very handy in Publisher as some of the print settings can get complex at times. I print to a variety of different printers and have different settings for print jobs going to each. It appears as if this feature is no longer present. Is this true or is there some way to retain them? Setting manually can get time-consuming. Any suggestions? -- -Sharon. I'm replying to my own post here, but I found the solution! In Publisher 2007, rather t...

Can't restore .pst files in Outlook 2007/Windows XP
Help! My hard drive crashed last week and I have had another installed. I had backed up all my data on my clickfree automatic backup and have managed to restore my pictures and documents, but am having problems doing so with my e-mails and address book. I have the .pst files on my PC but can't access them because I get an error message when I try to open them saying "You are attempting to open a file of type Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders (.pst) These fles are used by the operating system and by various programmes. Editing or modifying them could damage y...