Backup problem in outlook 2003

I am trying a couple backup solutions for outlook 2003.  They are BackRex
and ABF outlook backup.  When I run either program they tell me that outlook
is running and needs to be closed.  I do a reboot and then run the programs
and still get the same warning.  As a side note when I run the "files and
setting transfer wizard" I get an error when it tries to copy the outlook
..pst file, says it can't access it or it is in use by another application.

0
wirlybird1 (15)

Some program is keeping Outlook open then. Applications that tend to do this
are WinFax, virusscanners, anti-spam and synchronisation software. Make sure
that these applications let go of the Outlook process when you close
Outlook. For some ideas see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Chris" <wirlybird@webzone.net> wrote in message
>I am trying a couple backup solutions for outlook 2003.  They are BackRex
> and ABF outlook backup.  When I run either program they tell me that
> outlook
> is running and needs to be closed.  I do a reboot and then run the
> programs
> and still get the same warning.  As a side note when I run the "files and
> setting transfer wizard" I get an error when it tries to copy the outlook
> .pst file, says it can't access it or it is in use by another application.

0
Roady
8/23/2004 7:23:18 AM
I have determined that it is active sync that is causing the problem.  When
I remove the PDA from the cradle the backup works fine.
This is a bit of a pain though since I want the PDA to continuously sync.

0
wirlybird1 (15)
8/23/2004 7:44:44 AM
Yes, but if you want it to continuously sync Outlook must be running
otherwise it won't have anything to sync with ;-)

--

>I have determined that it is active sync that is causing the problem.  When
> I remove the PDA from the cradle the backup works fine.
> This is a bit of a pain though since I want the PDA to continuously sync.

0
Roady

Realtek HD sound problem with XP
Hi, I have a problem on my PC now which I cannot solve. I am running XP Pro x64 on my ASrock/AMD rig with Realtek HD 5.1 sound. All was working OK, I had just solved how to get the mic working on the front panel so my old 5.1 speaker system worked fully from the rear 3 sockets. A few days later it booted with three error messages for Realtek system programs that load at startup. ALCMTR.EXE, RTHDCPL.EXE, and ALCWZRD.EXE. All have a message 'Failed to initialise properley (0x0000005)' I have de installed Realtek, re installed the latest copy from their site etc but I ca...

Outlook/VBScript: I want to retrieved EntryID from TaskItem class
Hi, I have a question concerning the EntryID from the TaskItem class in Outlook. Here's my question I would like to stored the EntryID in an Access Database at the same time that I am saving the rest of the information (DueDate, Owner, Subject...etc) in my table. I do not know if it is possible. My Problem is that the EntryID does not seems to appears when I am saving the Recordset in my Item_Write event. I do not know if it is created after the Item_Write event. I have tried by putting the EntryID in the Item_Close event but I am not getting the value. I am using VBScript. Is there anyway...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Outlook 2000 #92
Please any Help? Outlook 2000 will not remember my email passwords, I'm running XP Pro. Is there a patch or upgrade from Windows or Microsoft? THANKS for any HELP!!! ...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Outlook Security Settings.
Hi. Have a user that is complaining about picuters that is not visable. It appears as red X. How can the user see the pictures? The user is running Outlook2003 wtih all updates. Thank you in advance. Assuming he has downloaded content enabled, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp. To enable download content, right click on the red x and choose the option to download content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

photo printer/notebook interface problems
I have an HP Pavilion dv9410 notebook, an HP Deskjet 2345 printer, and a Kodak Z612 digital camera and G600 printer combo. I aquired the printer and camera combo about a month after the notebook and had problems from the start at first neither the Deskjet nor the photo printer would work and after several attempts to set up the deskjet I had to get help from HP since the drivers that came with the printer would not work. They sent me a new set and have had no problems since. Unfortunately my luck is not as good with the G600 photo printer. I have made several attempts using the driver d...

How to make emails send from outlook instead of going into outbox
Hi, Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook. My emails are set up with personal folders and hotmail folders. When I try to send from microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be sent via hotmail. Message then goes to personal folder outbox and doesn't send. Have checked settings and is set up to go immediately. Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook. My emails are set up with > personal folders and hotmail folders. When I try to send from > microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be ...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

redering problems outlook 2007
Just loaded Office 2007, as a new beta tester. I am having rendering problems in Outlook 2007, also emails will not show up when clicked on, I ran Office Diagnostics and everything showed ok... You can report rendering problems with the button on top of the preview pane or using the report rendering problem tab when a message is open. Does right-clicking an item and choosing open work instead of a double-click? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "ldm2331" <ldm2331@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204B5E24-753F-4141-9DC3-6702C59218CE@micros...

Outlook 2007 attach item issue
Morning, we are currently running a mixed environment with 2000 and 2007, the problem is that a user in 2007 attaches an item to a new email and then cuts it in to word 2007 and then sends the word document as an attachment in an email, opening it in 2007 works fine but when opening the attachment in 2000 the emails that are embedded within the word document are not accessable. I have tried attaching an item to an email and sending it to a 2000 user and outlook opens this not a problem i have also tried opening the word attachment in word viewer 2007 but it is still unable to open the email...

Recording problems
when I record audio on onenote I have trouble hearing the playback. Is there a way to get it louder? I have turned my volume all the way up. I tried using an external mike to record but when I tried to play it back I could hear nothing at all. What can I do? Debbie P. wrote: > when I record audio on onenote I have trouble hearing the playback. > Is there a way to get it louder? I have turned my volume all the way > up. I tried using an external mike to record but when I tried to play > it back I could hear nothing at all. How do things work when recording with some o...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

Visio 2003 UML
Hi, I want to use Visio 2003 for planing .net software developement. Could you please tell me an online ressource where I can find information for beginners (tips, how-tos, ...)? I generate two classes: class1 (attribute1, attribute2), class2 (attribute3). class 2 derives from class1. If I use a generaliziation (or whatever the english word is, sorry) to connect the classes I cannot see the derived attributes (attribute1, attribute2) in class2? How can I achieve that? Thanks for your answer! -- Regards, InspektorDerrick Post your query to the following newsgroup: microsoft.public.vis...

Sorting problem #6
Please help me out, I need cheering up! How do I sort a sheet (say 10 rows of 5 columns) into 1 row of 50 columns, where each 5 columns in the new single row is made up of the successive rows of 5 columns of the original data? I don't want to cut and paste. Cheers, B. Hi in A1 on your second sheet enter the following formula: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,INT((COLUMN()-1)/5),MOD(COLUMN()-1),5)) and copy this to the right -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "The Bodster" <stefanbodo@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2p9gd.2773$uf.329@newsfe4-gui.ntli.ne...

accounts receivable problem in Money 2003 Deluxe & Business
I converted my Quicken B & P to Money 2003 D & B about 5 months ago. Today, I tried running a Profit & Loss report and discovered the invoice payments from my consulting were not showing in the income column. The account I use to create invoices is not named "Accounts Recievable". 1. How to I check the account type is really A/R? Is that fact that it is an invoice account sufficient proof? 2. When I record payment of an invoice, a deposit is recorded in my Bank Account with the "Special Category" of "Payment for Invoice". Is there something I can/ne...

outlook/AT&T
my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service is giving him grief: The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this message box appears: Error Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The server responded:? K' He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he tries to send and receive again it says that he has no new mes...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

How to use Outlook as a phone book?
Is there any program that interfaces with the address book of Outlook whereby I can bring up a name and have the option to email, IM (MSN/Skype/Yahoo Messenger/Paltalk), phone or fax them? I would need a fax modem with full duplex of course for phoning and faxing. And a mic or headset. It just seems redundant not to use the computer as a phone. The possibilities are endless for contact management, not to mention incoming calls. They could all be logged on the computer. The downside is the computer has to be on all the time. But for many of us, it is anyway. Gary...

Outlook 2003 Crashes 04-01-10
Starting a couple weeks ago, my Outlook started having issues. It began with not having the predictive email popup when composing a message but has gotten worse. Anytime I send an email I get the following error: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The details are: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8312.0 AppStamp:4a403990 ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 11.0.8313.0 ModStamp:4a793cc5 fDebug: 0 Offset: 001589db I have not tried creating a new profile for fear of losing all the emai...

Problem adding a Product Mapping
I have added a Picklist field to the Product table, when I create an Opportunity and select the product, I want this new field value to come over in the OpportunityProduct table.-I can't get this to work. I tried adding a mapping from Product to OpportunityProduct for this Picklist field but the mapping will not work. I then added the same Picklist to the OrderDetails table and a mapping from the OpportunityProduct to the OrderDetails. This mapping works just fine. Is there an issue with adding a mapping to the Product table to an OpportunityProduct? How can I force a field to come ...

Outlook Net Folders #2
We are using OL2k3, and would like to be able to share calendars between 3 users. I know 'Net Folders' were available in OL98 and OL2k but I think not in later versions. Am I correct in this, and if so, can anyone point me to a 3rd party solution? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not...

Scheduling problem
I have two work-sheets. On the first are the employees work percentages from 01.01.01 to 02.01.06 100% (39 h/week) Patrik from 03.01.06 to 01.01.07 80% (31,2 h/week) Patrik from 01.01.07 to the future ...

Problems with Money updates #2
The problem with Money updates is very likely a bug in the code itself that MS is uploading to us, which is affecting many different versions of Money. In my case, my copy of Money continues to work perfectly in all respects, including "Background Banking", "Synchronizing with MSN Money", "Two way online services", "MSN Bill from within Money", and on and on. That's why I'm pretty sure that this is a bug in the code MS is uploading to so many of us. Since only MS has access to the code base, it seems to me that they will have to debug the code...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...