backup old emails

hi,

i am going to format my hard drive so i can reinstall my
operating system.  i don't want to lose my outlook emails
so i want to back up the old emails.  i don't know where
outlook stores the emails.  where are they located?  is
there an easy way to backup the old emails?

thanks.
manpreet
0
anonymous (74721)

Simply copy the pst, in OL check properties of pst for location, or search
to include hidden.

"manpreet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i am going to format my hard drive so i can reinstall my
> operating system.  i don't want to lose my outlook emails
> so i want to back up the old emails.  i don't know where
> outlook stores the emails.  where are they located?  is
> there an easy way to backup the old emails?
>
> thanks.
> manpreet

0
dl6256 (276)
9/5/2004 12:45:46 AM

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

email report per record
I am trying to email a report. On my form I have a button that the user will click - this will send a report based on the record shown on the form. Private Sub Sheet1_Click() Dim strMessage As String 'Body of message Dim strSubject As String 'Email Subject Dim strTo As String 'To address Dim strCC As String 'CC Address Dim strBCC As String 'BCC Address Dim stDocName As String Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[id number] = " & Me.[id Number] stDocName = "Info Form" strTo = "email@dot.com" st...

Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!
Hi, I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003. Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out all mail going to one or other computer?? I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up. Thanks -- Val Assuming a POP3 account; Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.how...

Html emails are not printing
Hi Outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. If I select a plain text email in Inbox I can print it fine but if I try to print an html email it doesn't print and 'Print Preview' is disabled. What is the problems and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards print preview doesn't work for HHTML, never has. What exactly happens when "it doesn't print" ? What version of IE? Do you have all the latest updates for outlook, windows and IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Copying and pasting emails from outlook
I have Windows 7 and am using Windows Live Mail. We have a master excel vendor list which I turn into a separtae excel spreadsheet with the particular vendors for that project. With outlook I was able to copy and paste the email address column for that spreadsheet in the BCC line and send with no problem. When I now try it with Windows Mail Live, it is unable to send because "one or more of the receipients does not have an email address. All email addresses should be valid since I can send the same email from Outlook on another computer. Any ideas? Can you give ...

Email support.
I am very surprised to find free email support is not available for my Outlook 2007 product, bought about six months' ago. A message appears saying the Product ID 'has expired'. I have a query about the .ost file, as it applies to the Connector for Hotmail, no leads at all found thus far in forums. Previously, email support was free (namely about 3 months' ago). There's no possibility of my paying €70 or so for my enquiry! Is there something wrong with the system, or does free email help expire just a couple of months after purchase? if so, what sort of back-u...

Finding old links
I am using a template that used to have a link to another spreadsheet. That old link is no longer needed. How can I find where the link in the current template is and delete it? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You need an add-in. Get Findlink.zip from here and follow the simple instructions: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp/mvppage.asp Brian (satisfied user) "doc" <doc.v3nqo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:doc.v3nqo@excelf...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

How to insert an email into excel
I am trying to insert an link in excel that directs you to an email in outlook express. Hi You can open a file from hyperlink, but mails in Outlook or Outlook Express inbox are parts of a specific file (container) - p.e. for Outlook it's an pst-file, I don't remember what type of file it is for OE - which you can open and browse only with specific programs (mail client). You can't create a hyperlink to specific file in container, it would be same as crate p.e. a hyperlink to some specific file packed in a zip-archive. Arvi Laanemets "Jeeves" <Jeeves@discussions....

How to make emails send from outlook instead of going into outbox
Hi, Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook. My emails are set up with personal folders and hotmail folders. When I try to send from microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be sent via hotmail. Message then goes to personal folder outbox and doesn't send. Have checked settings and is set up to go immediately. Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook. My emails are set up with > personal folders and hotmail folders. When I try to send from > microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be ...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Email Router?
Does uninstalling E-mail Router leave any residual components on the Exchange Server, or does MS CRM uninstall cleanly? Mervin Williams it uninstalls cleanly. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:00:19 -0600, "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote: Does uninstalling E-mail Router leave any residual components on the Exchange Server, or does MS CRM uninstall cleanly? Mervin Williams ...

can't find old data from Outlook 5 after upgrading to X
I upgraded my friend's slot load iMac with ram and OS X and installed Office X. she wanted to use Entourage as her mail client as she had been using Outlook 5 when she was running OS 9. Stepping through the import in Entourage was very smooth but I was not able to select Outlook when "helping" Entourage find her copy of Outlook. The app was there but it was greyed out. Later I tried to open Outlook in classic mode and it started up as a new installation with no mail or addresses. Please help me and my friend find her old stuff! Thanks, Clinton You aren't supposed to s...

How do I insert image in email body
hi, I have to send an email with my company logo in it.I am using ASP.Net 2.0. My code looks like this public static void SendEmail(string strSubject, string strTo, string strFrom, string strMailMessage) { string strStyle = "style='font: 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif '"; MailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); mail.To = strTo; mail.From = strFrom; mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject = strSubject; mail.Body = "<font " + strStyle + ">" + strMailMessage + "</font>"; SmtpMail.SmtpServe...

blocking emails
Exchsvr 2003 where can I block certain types of attachments or certain domains from sending email to my org Ed For domains: Exchange System Manager + Global Settings + Message Deliver (right-click, Properties) + Sender Filtering Alternatively, you could use the Connection Filtering tab to block by the domain's mailserver[s] IP addres[es]. I'm not sure if there is a native way to block certain attachments using Exchange. I use 3rd party software (Symantec Mail Security). You can also use your firewall to block attachment types, if you use a firewall appliance. "EdMull...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Additional email accounts #2
I asked this yesterday but respondants asked for more information. I want to add an additional email account, but I am not sure how email is retrieved and sent by a different email account with the same profile. I am using both 2002 (desktop) and 2003 (laptop). One respondant said I could create another folder and specify rules to move mail from a specific account to the folder. That certainly makes sense. My question now is how would you send email from the newly created email account without having to change the default? Thank you in advance for your help! "Tom James" &...

email attachments #17
When I decorate my email with graphics and rich text it all goes out as attachments, I'm sure its a simple problem but what do I do to change it back to fully display on the same page? can someone advise? cheers. Send in plain text or HTML - only Outlook can read Rich Text, and there's no guarantee that the formatting will be maintained perfectly when sending to another Outlook user over the Internet. Of course, plain text won't give you any graphics - but HTML will, although I have to say keeping mail simple is the best course of action. E-mail is really designed for text. ca...

view old messages from another email account
I have just set up a new account in Outlook 2003 and it only shows me email from today. I want to view old mail too. On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:42:28 -0800, jennifermonica wrote: > I have just set up a new account in Outlook 2003 and it only shows me email > from today. I want to view old mail too. When you say "I have just set up a new account in Outlook 2003" what EXACTLY do you mean? Do you mean you have set up a new Outlook profile, in which case you need to copy the emails from your old profile to your new, or, do you mean you have set up a new POP account? In which c...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

tiscali
I recently established a tiscal Email account. However, I have tried to access it through Outlook but to no avail. I see plenty of assistance on the web, none of which I understand. Any suggestions about where I should start? I am using Windows XP as my operating system. I would stress that I am a computer user, rather than somebody with a high degree of technical knowledge. I would suggest that you start with the tiscal (sp?) support people as it it not an Outlook problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (ins...

Delay sending an email
Hi, Was wondering how to delay sending an email. eg. I may type it today but do not want to send it until a specific date. Can i program somehow the date i need to send it - so it just goes automatically on that specific day.?? Thanks Regards, Christina When you create the message, click the Options button. Check the Delivery Options. Judy Freed "Travel Itineraries Group" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A2B5859-FDAC-4FCA-AC95-F8B1C277DADD@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Was wondering how to delay sending an email. eg. I may type it tod...