Backing Up Outlook Email Files

I am changing to a new computer and want to transfer my
saved email files to the new computer.  Any suggestions on
how to do this?  I don't seem to be able to access this
file through My Computer.
0
anonymous (74717)

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm is a good place to start for
Outlook backup.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Bonnie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| I am changing to a new computer and want to transfer my
| saved email files to the new computer.  Any suggestions on
| how to do this?  I don't seem to be able to access this
| file through My Computer.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

outlook shuts down immediately
Hi I have outlook installed on an XP workstation. Started with outlook XP. Outlook opens and you can see the icons and some messages, and shuts down immediately. Cannot run in safe mode. Tried to remove profile and same thing happened. Detect and repair and reinstall did the same thing. We now upgraded to 2003 and the same thing is happening. It is an exchange environement and the mailbox can be reached via OWA, so the box is fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

restrict PST for Outlook 2003
I have read some article regarding registry PSTDisableGrow, which will let users add existing PST to OL2003 but won't let them create new PST or add more content to the existing PST. Our Outlook 2003 are at SP2. I guess it should support the registry. Does MS office have a ADM I can add to GPO? Or I have to create one myself? Or someone has already create one so I can copy? Thanks. I don't think this option is in the Office policy templates but you can indeed either create it yourself or simply deploy the registry key by other means such as a logon script. ...

How to reinstall Outlook on XP?
Could anybody tell me, how can I reinstall Outlook on XP Pro, withouth having to reinstall the whole system from scratch? I can't find it in "installable windows tools" in the control panel, nor anywhere else...and I didn't find a link to download it directly either, only updates and fixes... You reinstall or repair frm the origonal OL/MS Office cd Unless of course your meaning outlook express, which may be installed with IE (internet explorer) David "Sab" <ervar@freemail.hu> wrote in message news:051f01c35fde$33e3a040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Could any...

how to overcome excel file limitaions (65,000) records only?
when download large data to an excel file, it can accomodate only (65,000) records only, so how i can change this limitaions to have more entriy? I'm afraid that you can't - at least not without using VB to split the file across multiple worksheets. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way Excel is designed. Have you thought of using Access instead of Excel? There's no such limitation there. Alan P. "touresaa" <touresaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EE7381C-667A-462F-A562-7D214A26BC61@microsoft.com... > wh...

Convert Lotus Organizer 6 Data to Outlook 2003
hello NG, i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared one by one by hand wich is a very unnoying task. isnt' there a different solution? a tool, a filter or something? thanx for any hint, tom Tom H. Lautenbacher <13-jules@gmx.net> wrote: > i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to > outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a > text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared o...

Strange Outlook question !! Gurus please help !
ok guys ill 1st tell you what i want to do, i have a buisness which sells software that uses "keys" lets say i have a text file with 100 unused keys in it. i have my website, with my advert and also i paypal buy it now button setup with a "unique id", they press buy, pay and i get the paypal notification, (myoutlook checks for mail every 5 mins) now outlook sees the topic, and through IF statements sees IF topic = Item. no 33432 THEN SEND : BBUT i know you can send individual emails and texts, but i want to send 1 line of text from a document and then remove it, so th...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Minimizing Outlook
How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it does NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Thanks "heshie" <heshie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A823326A-9342-4382-8604-75212FA98E05@microsoft.com... > How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it > does > NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Right-click the icon in the system tray and either check or uncheck "Hide When Minimized" as you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thats the way it works, wh...

Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded?
Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded? I've made a RealTime Communication program. It use a rtcdll.dll. I made this program in the format of ActiveX controller and put it in a HTML page. But the ActiveX controller can't run on a machine without registered rtcdll.dll. How can I integrate the rtcdll.dll with the ActiveX controller so that it can be downloaded with the ActiveX controller and be registered in web browsers' computer automatically? Another way is to make a CAB? Where can I get tools ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Outlook 2003 junk mail duplication
Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why this happens? On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:38:00 -0800, BAM <BAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why >this happens? You might want to ask in an Outlook newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing - scroll down the list and repost in a group for Outlook. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

outlook rules copy instead of moving
when set rule to move message to another folder, it leaves a copy in original folder ...

Quotes from Outlook Client
I have put custom fields on the quote form - general tab and then created / saved a quote. From Outlook Client, I select 'print quote' and go through the screens until the merge fields appear. The custom fields that I created don't appear. Microsoft support doesn't have a solution, other than a custom Crystal report. Any suggestions? Thanks much ...

Outlook won't start
I got some virus that was removed by running an anti-spyware program. However, when I restarted my computer I was unable to open many of my programs including Outlook. I got the message "set associations control panel". There is something wrong with the execution file. Any suggestions? Tried reinstalling Office already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "d...

Attachments in Outlook #3
When viewing an email that has attachments embedded in it, the attachments (JPGs in this case) show where they would be placed in the email however they show as attachments in the attachment bar above the email instead of where they should appear in the body. Can anyone tell me how to "fix" this or what is causing it? thanks jrh jrhslick@sbcglobal(dot)net The fix is the mail format. Outlook Rich Text Format = file attached where the cursor is inserted. Plain Text Format = file attached below the subject line. * HTML Format = file attached in window below message. * *Depending o...

parsing and importing a text file with records through a VBA macro
Hi all, I'm really stuck in a problem in parsing and importing a text file into an Excel sheet with a VBA macro. I strongly need to do it by a VBA macro in order to postprocess the resulting data through Excel. I searched a lot into the network and I found something useful but I can't achieve the final solution actually. Can you help me please? Your help is really appreciated. My text file is containing several records formatted like this: REC1_FIELD1 REC1_FIELD2 REC1_FIELD3 REC1_FIELD4 REC1_FIELD5 REC1_FIELD6 REC2_FIELD1 REC2_FIELD2 REC2_FIELD3 REC2_FIELD4 R...

recover outlook
Does anyone know how to find what format emails are stored in before you back them up as say a pst file. I had a bootsector die on a laptop and I have recovered the files and would like to find the emails. They were never backed up. For example a mp3 would be a song probably, what would a email be. They don't have seperate file extensions when they're in a .PST file. If they're saved individually to a hard drive they would usually have a .eml extension, but they could also be .txt or .rtf or any of a number of things depending upon how they were saved. This should give you ...

Error Outlook 2000
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

email forward problem
I am using outlook xp now; when I forward my mail to friend, some of origin content had disappear, I need to copy again from origin mail, so do anybody know why? Thanks!!! JY ...

Access Forms TextBox and Email Confirmation
Hello, I have an interesting question. Does anyone have an idea as to how we could have a textbox on a form (that collects an e-mail address) that after the email address has been entered, cause the user to have to re-type the email address to confirm that it was entered correctly? But the catch is to disallow the user from doing a cut-and-paste _ for that field only _? I don't want to make the whole form disable cut and paste. I'm OK with the obvious things (i.e. on the AfterUpdate event, save the value into a variable, clear the field, then ask for confirmation). But I a...

Outlook 2003 hangs
I have installed Office 2003 with Outlook. Outlook hangs almoxt all th time and the only way I can get it to work is to reinstall it. I am running Win 2K pro, P$, 1.6 GHz, 512MB RAM. All W2K updates ar current. Can someone clue me in on how to make this run on W2K or do have to go to XP, which I don't want to. Thanks, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...