backing up outlook data

Is there any way to backup the data you have in outlook
like you can backup you data in other programs?
0
jeani (1)

The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's
where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored.

Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jeani" <jeani@all-americanwater.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to backup the data you have in outlook
> like you can backup you data in other programs?

0
russval (3097)

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

outlook shuts down immediately
Hi I have outlook installed on an XP workstation. Started with outlook XP. Outlook opens and you can see the icons and some messages, and shuts down immediately. Cannot run in safe mode. Tried to remove profile and same thing happened. Detect and repair and reinstall did the same thing. We now upgraded to 2003 and the same thing is happening. It is an exchange environement and the mailbox can be reached via OWA, so the box is fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

restrict PST for Outlook 2003
I have read some article regarding registry PSTDisableGrow, which will let users add existing PST to OL2003 but won't let them create new PST or add more content to the existing PST. Our Outlook 2003 are at SP2. I guess it should support the registry. Does MS office have a ADM I can add to GPO? Or I have to create one myself? Or someone has already create one so I can copy? Thanks. I don't think this option is in the Office policy templates but you can indeed either create it yourself or simply deploy the registry key by other means such as a logon script. ...

How to reinstall Outlook on XP?
Could anybody tell me, how can I reinstall Outlook on XP Pro, withouth having to reinstall the whole system from scratch? I can't find it in "installable windows tools" in the control panel, nor anywhere else...and I didn't find a link to download it directly either, only updates and fixes... You reinstall or repair frm the origonal OL/MS Office cd Unless of course your meaning outlook express, which may be installed with IE (internet explorer) David "Sab" <ervar@freemail.hu> wrote in message news:051f01c35fde$33e3a040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Could any...

Convert Lotus Organizer 6 Data to Outlook 2003
hello NG, i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared one by one by hand wich is a very unnoying task. isnt' there a different solution? a tool, a filter or something? thanx for any hint, tom Tom H. Lautenbacher <13-jules@gmx.net> wrote: > i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to > outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a > text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared o...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Strange Outlook question !! Gurus please help !
ok guys ill 1st tell you what i want to do, i have a buisness which sells software that uses "keys" lets say i have a text file with 100 unused keys in it. i have my website, with my advert and also i paypal buy it now button setup with a "unique id", they press buy, pay and i get the paypal notification, (myoutlook checks for mail every 5 mins) now outlook sees the topic, and through IF statements sees IF topic = Item. no 33432 THEN SEND : BBUT i know you can send individual emails and texts, but i want to send 1 line of text from a document and then remove it, so th...

Minimizing Outlook
How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it does NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Thanks "heshie" <heshie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A823326A-9342-4382-8604-75212FA98E05@microsoft.com... > How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it > does > NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Right-click the icon in the system tray and either check or uncheck "Hide When Minimized" as you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thats the way it works, wh...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Outlook 2003 junk mail duplication
Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why this happens? On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:38:00 -0800, BAM <BAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why >this happens? You might want to ask in an Outlook newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing - scroll down the list and repost in a group for Outlook. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Quotes from Outlook Client
I have put custom fields on the quote form - general tab and then created / saved a quote. From Outlook Client, I select 'print quote' and go through the screens until the merge fields appear. The custom fields that I created don't appear. Microsoft support doesn't have a solution, other than a custom Crystal report. Any suggestions? Thanks much ...

outlook rules copy instead of moving
when set rule to move message to another folder, it leaves a copy in original folder ...

Outlook won't start
I got some virus that was removed by running an anti-spyware program. However, when I restarted my computer I was unable to open many of my programs including Outlook. I got the message "set associations control panel". There is something wrong with the execution file. Any suggestions? Tried reinstalling Office already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "d...

Attachments in Outlook #3
When viewing an email that has attachments embedded in it, the attachments (JPGs in this case) show where they would be placed in the email however they show as attachments in the attachment bar above the email instead of where they should appear in the body. Can anyone tell me how to "fix" this or what is causing it? thanks jrh jrhslick@sbcglobal(dot)net The fix is the mail format. Outlook Rich Text Format = file attached where the cursor is inserted. Plain Text Format = file attached below the subject line. * HTML Format = file attached in window below message. * *Depending o...

recover outlook
Does anyone know how to find what format emails are stored in before you back them up as say a pst file. I had a bootsector die on a laptop and I have recovered the files and would like to find the emails. They were never backed up. For example a mp3 would be a song probably, what would a email be. They don't have seperate file extensions when they're in a .PST file. If they're saved individually to a hard drive they would usually have a .eml extension, but they could also be .txt or .rtf or any of a number of things depending upon how they were saved. This should give you ...

data sort of like
Hi experts I like to have a tabel like this This is one 1 This is two 2 This is someother 5 Text 4 that say a text that is assosiated with a number. Then (some where else in the spreedsheet) I like to have a drop down wther I can choose between ("This is one"; "This is two", "This is..."), and depending on the choosen text I will use the assosiated number in some calculations. Is this possible with Excel? e.g. if in the drop down is in cell A5, and there is choosen "This is Two", and in cell A4 says 55 like to write some ...

Error Outlook 2000
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Outlook 2003 hangs
I have installed Office 2003 with Outlook. Outlook hangs almoxt all th time and the only way I can get it to work is to reinstall it. I am running Win 2K pro, P$, 1.6 GHz, 512MB RAM. All W2K updates ar current. Can someone clue me in on how to make this run on W2K or do have to go to XP, which I don't want to. Thanks, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

outlook and organizing files/emails
Hi, I have about 20,000 emails of which about 1% of them have attached word, excel, jpeg, pdf, powerpoint files. The emails are located in about 1000 folders. The hierachy of folders is maximum of 5 deep starting at the INBOX. So.... the problem is that Outlook is running too slow now and I have to figure out how I can organize these messages into some form of system. I have tried using CRM software but its much to cumbersome and slow to use CRM software, secondly the software packages don't allow me to create folders in the notes/history files or to catagorize my emails in the way i ...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

SMS from Outlook or Outlook Express to a mobile phone
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C487C7.1867E440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey all, looking for some kind of application that will run within Outlook 2002 = or Outlook Express 6.0 and allow me to SMS mobile phones. =20 I have looked up a few already such as Red Oxygen is there a dedicated = Website around that will show me a few more options so I can shop around = and see the different subscriptions / charges. Also is there any site which will list add-ins. / apps for Micro...

Outlook password help
I'm running Outlook 2000 on WinXP,and I can't get outlook to remember my password. I enter the password and click 'remember password', but the next time I open Outlook I have to enter the password again? Help? >-----Original Message----- >I'm running Outlook 2000 on WinXP,and I can't get outlook >to remember my password. I enter the password and >click 'remember password', but the next time I open >Outlook I have to enter the password again? Help? >. >I am having a similar issue but I am running Outlook 2002 on XP. It used to w...

Outlook 2007 SP2 -- Images Not Downloading
When I open a message that has inline images on a web site, I see red X's where the images should be. I do not see the InfoBar giving me the option to Download Images. Any ideas? foobula wrote: >When I open a message that has inline images on a web site, I see red X's >where the images should be. I do not see the InfoBar giving me the option to >Download Images. Any ideas? Unblock picture downloads for all messages: In Outlook, On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click Automatic Download. Clear the Don't download pictures automatically ...