Backing up email addresses

I've searched all day for a way to backup my email addresses.  I've found
thousands of ways to back my email but not one for the addresses.

My Dell computer has had a few problems so Dell is completely replacing the
computer and upgrading me to a new one (I've had this one for 2 years) at no
charge.  I have over 20 email addresses and it would take far too long to
enter them one by one considering most use different SMTP, POP3 and security
settings.  Isn't there a way to back them all up and restore them all at once
to my new computer??

If it matters, I'm using Outlook XP.

Thanks!

Do you have contact items for each of them?

Or are you relying on the feature that automatically completes the name of
the person when you start to type it?

--
Thanks,
John Guin

"B.A.T.Man_Phln" wrote:

> I've searched all day for a way to backup my email addresses.  I've found
> thousands of ways to back my email but not one for the addresses.
>
> My Dell computer has had a few problems so Dell is completely replacing the
> computer and upgrading me to a new one (I've had this one for 2 years) at no
> charge.  I have over 20 email addresses and it would take far too long to
> enter them one by one considering most use different SMTP, POP3 and security
> settings.  Isn't there a way to back them all up and restore them all at once
> to my new computer??
>
> If it matters, I'm using Outlook XP.
>
> Thanks!
I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about MY
email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??

B.A.T.Man_Phln wrote:

> I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about MY
> email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
> mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??

Unlike Outlook Express, Outlook does not provide a convenient means of
exporting the definition of e-mail *ACCOUNTS* (which are not e-mail
*addresses*).  The e-mail accounts defined within Outlook are saved in
the registry.  The registry keys are:

For pre-2002 versions of Outlook, accounts are saved under subkeys of:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\OMI
Account Manager\Accounts

For 2002, and up, versions of Outlook, the accounts are saved in the
mail profiles (which contain more than just account definitions):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

You could export the parent registry keys into a .reg file for backup.
Then double-click that .reg file to add its entries back into the
registry.

Didn't Office XP come with a "Save My Settings Wizard"?  The .ops file
that it creates includes the e-mail account definitions.
0
V4521 (722)
10/31/2009 5:29:05 AM
You are using OutlookXP, and are getting a new PC. Are you aware Outlook pre
2003 is not fully compatible with Vista or Win7?
The primary issues are password not being retained
BTW The easiest way to backup up mail & data is to copy the data files, with
outlook *closed*
& do not use Export/Import functions

"B.A.T.Man_Phln" <BATManPhln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about MY
> email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
> mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??
>

> "John Guin [msft]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have contact items for each of them?
>>
>> Or are you relying on the feature that automatically completes the name
>> of
>> the person when you start to type it?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> John Guin
>> OneNote Test Team
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>>

>> "B.A.T.Man_Phln" wrote:
>>
>> > I've searched all day for a way to backup my email addresses.  I've
>> > found
>> > thousands of ways to back my email but not one for the addresses.
>> >
>> > My Dell computer has had a few problems so Dell is completely replacing
>> > the
>> > computer and upgrading me to a new one (I've had this one for 2 years)
>> > at no
>> > charge.  I have over 20 email addresses and it would take far too long
>> > enter them one by one considering most use different SMTP, POP3 and
>> > security
>> > settings.  Isn't there a way to back them all up and restore them all
>> > at once
>> > to my new computer??
>> >
>> > If it matters, I'm using Outlook XP.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
notvalid5776 (249)
10/31/2009 9:32:13 AM
You were looking for the term "email accounts" then but everything is clear
now :-)

In addition to what everybody else already had mentioned, with such a
complex/large mail profile, I'd recommend using a specialized backup tool if
you do not want to recreate things by hand. I've had great results with ABF
Outlook Backup which even worked cross-version for either Outlook and
Windows. This will not only backup your Outlook data but also your Outlook
and mail profile settings.

For more info see;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/abf_outlookbackup
If you decide to order use ABF-1HTJ8 to get a discount.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"B.A.T.Man_Phln" <BATManPhln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about MY
> email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
> mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??
>

> "John Guin [msft]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have contact items for each of them?
>>
>> Or are you relying on the feature that automatically completes the name
>> of
>> the person when you start to type it?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> John Guin
>> OneNote Test Team
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>>

>> "B.A.T.Man_Phln" wrote:
>>
>> > I've searched all day for a way to backup my email addresses.  I've
>> > found
>> > thousands of ways to back my email but not one for the addresses.
>> >
>> > My Dell computer has had a few problems so Dell is completely replacing
>> > the
>> > computer and upgrading me to a new one (I've had this one for 2 years)
>> > at no
>> > charge.  I have over 20 email addresses and it would take far too long
>> > enter them one by one considering most use different SMTP, POP3 and
>> > security
>> > settings.  Isn't there a way to back them all up and restore them all
>> > at once
>> > to my new computer??
>> >
>> > If it matters, I'm using Outlook XP.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
Roady
10/31/2009 11:09:02 AM
WOW!!  Thanks for all the help!!!

I don't have a dime to buy ABF so I guess I'll have to use the reg keys.  I
know what you're thinking.  A new computer but he doesn't have any money???
Dell is replacing and upgrading my old one for free since it's had so many
issues.

I've copied all of my files, including the entire doc's and settings folder,
to an external drive so I'll have the data files backed up as well.

As for Office XP not working on Windows 7, I'm gonna have to do what I can
'til March.  When I get my tax refund I'm gonna get an updated Office.  I
WANTED XP on the new comp but they can't do it anymore.  DAMN!!  There's NO
F'n WAY I'll let 'em put Vista on it.  My cousin has it and it's worse than
M.E. was!!!

Anyway, thanks again for the help!!!  I REALLY appreciate it!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> You were looking for the term "email accounts" then but everything is clear
> now :-)
>
> In addition to what everybody else already had mentioned, with such a
> complex/large mail profile, I'd recommend using a specialized backup tool if
> you do not want to recreate things by hand. I've had great results with ABF
> Outlook Backup which even worked cross-version for either Outlook and
> Windows. This will not only backup your Outlook data but also your Outlook
> and mail profile settings.
>
> For more info see;
> http://addins.howto-outlook.com/abf_outlookbackup
> If you decide to order use ABF-1HTJ8 to get a discount.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "B.A.T.Man_Phln" <BATManPhln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about MY
> > email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
> > mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??
> >

> > "John Guin [msft]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have contact items for each of them?
> >>
> >> Or are you relying on the feature that automatically completes the name
> >> of
> >> the person when you start to type it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> John Guin
> >> OneNote Test Team
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin

> .

You're welcome! :-)

For an overview of all the files, folders and registry keys of Outlook see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/filesandsettings.htm

Copying over the files and settings manually only has a chance of working
when all the exact paths remain exactly the same.
So if your old username was "batman" make sure your new username is "batman"
as well. When the paths are not exactly the same, then you're very likely to
end up with a corrupted mail profile and you'll have to recreate it manually
still.

As for waiting till March, I think you'll need to wait just a bit longer
because then you'd be able to get Office 2010 instead of Office 2007. Of
course it is your choice in the end but March will be getting quite close to
the Office 2010 release from the way things are looking now ;-)

--

> WOW!!  Thanks for all the help!!!
>
> I don't have a dime to buy ABF so I guess I'll have to use the reg keys.
> know what you're thinking.  A new computer but he doesn't have any
> money???
> Dell is replacing and upgrading my old one for free since it's had so many
> issues.
>
> I've copied all of my files, including the entire doc's and settings
> folder,
> to an external drive so I'll have the data files backed up as well.
>
> As for Office XP not working on Windows 7, I'm gonna have to do what I can
> 'til March.  When I get my tax refund I'm gonna get an updated Office.  I
> WANTED XP on the new comp but they can't do it anymore.  DAMN!!  There's
> NO
> F'n WAY I'll let 'em put Vista on it.  My cousin has it and it's worse
> than
> M.E. was!!!
>
> Anyway, thanks again for the help!!!  I REALLY appreciate it!
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You were looking for the term "email accounts" then but everything is
>> clear
>> now :-)
>>
>> In addition to what everybody else already had mentioned, with such a
>> complex/large mail profile, I'd recommend using a specialized backup tool
>> if
>> you do not want to recreate things by hand. I've had great results with
>> ABF
>> Outlook Backup which even worked cross-version for either Outlook and
>> Windows. This will not only backup your Outlook data but also your
>> Outlook
>> and mail profile settings.
>>
>> For more info see;
>> http://addins.howto-outlook.com/abf_outlookbackup
>> If you decide to order use ABF-1HTJ8 to get a discount.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "B.A.T.Man_Phln" <BATManPhln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not talking about my contact's email addresses.  I'm talking about
>> > MY
>> > email addresses.  The ones I use to check my mail.  Why would I have
>> > mentioned the SMTP and POP3 if I was talking about my contacts??

>> .

0
Roady
11/1/2009 10:21:17 AM
B.A.T.Man_Phln wrote:

> As for Office XP not working on Windows 7, I'm gonna have to do what I can
> 'til March.  When I get my tax refund I'm gonna get an updated Office.

See below in my canned reply why passwords for Outlook 2002 won't work
under Vista (and now Windows 7).  There is an add-on solution but it
cost a little bit of money.  The macro utilities are free but then
you'll have to figure out how to write up their scripts.

Outlook 2002 will NOT remember passwords when ran under Windows Vista.
Outlook 2002 was coded to use pstore (protected storage system) in the
registry to cache the login credentials for the e-mail accounts defined
in Outlook; see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb432403.aspx.
pstore is no longer available under Windows Vista.  The registry keys
are still there but are read-only so Outlook cannot record your login
credentials into those registry keys but cannot update them.  Vista
dropped pstore and went to DPAPI.  For information on DPAPI, read
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms995355.aspx.  DPAPI has been
around since 2001 starting in Windows 2000.  The result is that you will
need to supply your login credentials for each e-mail account that you
have defined in Outlook for the first mail poll performed by Outlook.
After the first mail poll, the login credentials are reused so you don't
need to supply them again.  However, if you exit and reload Outlook then
you need to supply the login credentials for only the first mail poll.

Outlook 2003/2007 are coded to use either pstore or the newer DPAPI
which means they will run under Vista and pre-Vista versions of Windows.
Mainstream support for Outlook 2002/XP has ended.  There will be no
further feature changes, bug fixes, or enhancements to it.  That means
it will remain incompatible for use under Windows Vista.  Your
Microsoft-based solutions are: suffer with the problem when using
Outlook 2002 on Windows Vista, upgrade to Outlook 2003 or 2007, or use a
different e-mail program that runs properly on Windows Vista.

Read:
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/28
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_and_safety_features_new_to_Windows_Vista#Other_features_and_changes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756884.aspx

The PStore keys in the registry are read-only in Windows Vista.
Removing the read-only attribute won't fix the problem.  The PStore
interface used by Outlook is not available in Windows Vista.  You cannot
manually edit the registry to retrieve or enter the passwords.  PStore
isn't just a location in the registry with plain text data.  It is a
method of encrypting the passwords using TripleDES that are cached in
the registry in a binary construct.  Once a user is logged into Windows,
the CryptoAPI can be used to decrypt that Windows account's cached
passwords from the PStore in the registry.  While Windows Vista no
longer provides support for PStore,  it is possible to continue
supporting PStore using a program.  Alas, there will be nothing
forthcoming as a hotfix or add-on from Microsoft to support PStore
functionality in Outlook 2002 under Windows Vista because Outlook 2002
is no longer supported.

A possible solution is to use a program (as a macro that runs inside of
Outlook) that manages the encrypted password for you in the protected
registry cache.  If you don't want to write the macro or cannot find a
free one already written for you, there is OLAutoPW at
http://www.mgsware.de/index.php/OLAutoPW/138/0/#403.  I've never used it
(because I don't use Windows Vista).  Cost is 10 euro (~$16).  It may
also be possible to use AutoIt, AutoHotkeys, or other keyboard macro
programs that can trigger on specific dialog windows to answer the
password prompt for you but then you need to leave them running all the
time and write up the macro that they run along with identifying the
trigger(s) on when and in which window to run their macro.
0
V4521 (722)

Send an email template to various contacts when case is created
Hi, I am trying to put in place a workflow rule that is supposed to send an email to the customer whenever a new case has been created. My pb is that it seems I can only send a template email to the Main Contact of the Account and/or the email address associated with the account... Normally the main contact or the email @ associated with the account is more "administrative contact" and I'd like to send to "operational" contact associated with this account. My first idea was to add a custom field for the contacts with a picklist containing "Admin", "...

Images not showing in HTML email (2007 only)
Some emails with HTML bodies come through fine, but some don't - just all the html is showing. This only happened when I switched over from Outlook (office) 2003 to 2007 I know the emails are good, because I have 2 separate mypoints.com accounts - all the ones I view through Windows Live Mail come through fine, as expected, but the ones to my other account, which I read with Outlook 2007 do not come out fine. There are others which come out without the images to - but not all. Anyone heard of an anomaly like this before and know how I can fix it? Did you get any replys. I have t...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

how do i format a newsletter hyperlink so it works in email
I created a print publication of a newsletter (2 pages) and want to email it to clients. On the first page, within the text, there is a tab that says Details. I tried to create a hyperlink so that it goes to the 2nd page of the newsletter. When I try to send it as an email, the Details tab does not work. It does not go the 2nd page of the newsletter. How can I get the link to work Make page one double length and put both pages on it. -- Don Vancouver USA "Nance" <Nance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F5B416D-ECF0-4F62-B0AB-CD5FE9B7C65D@microso...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Email bugs when using Publisher to send an email
I design art gallery invitations with Publisher but when I send what looks to be a perfectly sorted publisher file that has no 'Design Checker' issues, the resulting email has little problems. These could be fragmented outline borders applied to an image or random spaces between images and text - but none of these exist on the publisher document itself! I have sent my emails to webmail and client-based email addresses and tried different images but I still get the same problems! Are these just bugs that I have to live with? Thanks for this Charles. However, when Publisher ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

address book
I have Outlook Express on my computer. I have a saved .pab file on a floppy disk. I want to import this .pab file into Outlook Express bu the import tool doesn't import it. So how can I convert .pab to .wab? You would need to install (or have access to) Microsoft Outlook, configure a profile that uses the personal address (.pab), then do the import from the Windows Address Book. "2bugu" <7bugsless1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2rt_d.140588$nC5.56909@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > I have Outlook Express on my computer. I have a saved .pab file on a > floppy dis...

Search for secondare email address?
Hi all, How do I search the AD for a users secondary email address? I tried searching on email address but nothing comes up. /Martin ...

problem emailing attachment with COD method
Hello I am using the following code to email contents with attachments. There is no problem when I use an email "TO" that belong to the exchange server domain I am using. The problem exists when I try to email to an email such as "yahoo.com" or "someotherDomain.com". What am I doing wrong ? is there something I need to change maybe on the exchange server to allow it to work ? Thank you My code : '''USING CDO Dim lobj_cdomsg As CDO.Message Set lobj_cdomsg = New CDO.Message 'Add the Project Reference Miscros...

Access Forms TextBox and Email Confirmation
Hello, I have an interesting question. Does anyone have an idea as to how we could have a textbox on a form (that collects an e-mail address) that after the email address has been entered, cause the user to have to re-type the email address to confirm that it was entered correctly? But the catch is to disallow the user from doing a cut-and-paste _ for that field only _? I don't want to make the whole form disable cut and paste. I'm OK with the obvious things (i.e. on the AfterUpdate event, save the value into a variable, clear the field, then ask for confirmation). But I a...

email forward problem
I am using outlook xp now; when I forward my mail to friend, some of origin content had disappear, I need to copy again from origin mail, so do anybody know why? Thanks!!! JY ...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Blank Email message body
This is VERY odd! I type a message normally (Reply or original) send it & it arrives at destination blank, and when I look in "sent" folder, it also shows blank. Header is filled in but nothing in message body. Anybody any ideas? Running Win XP Pro and MS Outlook 2003 Tried it on messages to myself & it's the same. I've obviously set something wrong - but what? Grateful for any advice, Freddie Freddie... have you found a SOLUTION "Freddie" <freddie@fmeynell.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:00d001c3c8c3$ee4800e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > This ...

problem with bookmark links in email sent as message, pub 2007
when i send a publisher document as an email message, most of the 'bookmark' links do not function in several email programs. oddly, some of the bookmark style links will work, and all of the external hyperlinks work, but most of the links to locations on page do not work at all. I have the same page put up as a webpage, (which works perfectly), so folks can click to that if they have problems viewing the email, but i'd really like the original email to function properly. i am sending the email using outlook express, as my version of outlook is too old for use with pub. 200...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

outlook and organizing files/emails
Hi, I have about 20,000 emails of which about 1% of them have attached word, excel, jpeg, pdf, powerpoint files. The emails are located in about 1000 folders. The hierachy of folders is maximum of 5 deep starting at the INBOX. So.... the problem is that Outlook is running too slow now and I have to figure out how I can organize these messages into some form of system. I have tried using CRM software but its much to cumbersome and slow to use CRM software, secondly the software packages don't allow me to create folders in the notes/history files or to catagorize my emails in the way i ...

MS CRM 1.2 - Sales for Outlook
SGkgYWxsLg0KDQpGaW5hbGx5LCB3ZSBoYXZlIHN1Y2Nlc3NmdWxseSBjb21wbGV0ZWQgdGhlIFNG TyBpbnN0YWxsYXRpb24uLi4gQXQgbGVhc3QsIG9uY2UgT3V0bG9vayBpcyB1cCduJ3J1bm5pbmcs IENSTSBvcGVyYXRpb25zIHNlZW0gdG8gd29yayBmaW5lLiA7KQ0KDQpXZWxsLiBPbmUgb2YgdGhl IHRhc2tzIHdlJ3ZlIGJlZW4gdGVzdGluZyB3YXMgdGhhdCBuaWNlIGJ1dHRvbiB0aGF0IHNheXM6 ICJwcm9tb3RlL2NvbnZlcnQgaW5jb21pbmcgZW1haWwgaW50byBDUk0gQWN0aXZpdHkiLiBMZXQn cyBzYXkgaXQgd29ya3MuLi4gYnV0IGluIGl0cyB3YXkuIEkgbWVhbi4gSWYgeW91IHNlbGVjdCBh biBlbWFpbCB0byBiZSBwcm9tb3RlZCB0byBhIENSTSBhY3Rpdml0eSwgdGhlIGNvbnZlcnRlciBk b2VzIGl0cyBqb2IsIGJ1dCB0aGUganVzdCBjcmVhdGVkIGFjdGl2aXR5IGlzI...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

Multiple sendings of emails
Hi, Can anyone explain why my Outlook 2003 is sending emails that have more than one recipient multiple times . It occurs with distribution lists and with emails with multiple recipients. This isn't a consistent behaviour but frequent enough to be a major productivity hassle. (We have recently changed ISP, but thus far believe the ISP that it is not a fault with their service). Thank you, Graham Does your antivirus scan outgoing email? That often causes such problems. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

address and contacts
I am really having a problem understanding how outlook handles email address books. It was really easy in oulook express. In outlook you cannot have the different address books as in the express, why? Sure you can. Create as many Contacts Folders as you wish. Enable each as an email address book. Instructions are everywhere: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sundial" <sbell9@verizon.net> wrote in message news:_OFYd.220$Ue6.1@trndny04... >I am really having a problem understanding how o...

Large Emails Keep Resending: Send Timeout Error
Using Outlook 2003 in WinXP. Upgraded from Outlook 2000. Emails with large attachments, usually around 1MB and larger, when sent, will generate an error message that the send operation timed out. Outlook then attempts to resend the email accordingly. The emails never leave the Outbox or appears as a Sent Item. The recipients however, end up receiving multiple copies of the email as a result of the resends. Outlook isn't aware that the email was sent. Can't find a post in the knowledge base that addresses this. Any help would be most appreciated. Thx! Clark Smith Never ...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...