Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000 - How to Do?

I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for
Contact Data .

I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is
also installed.

I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second
Copy.

This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I
understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst"

I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data.

How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it
so that it too will be included in the daily backup process?

B.N.

0
victory (2)

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#pst
or
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&DisplayLang=en
works with OL2k
By default the pst, which contains all OL data, is named outlook.pst. This
is a hidden file.

"thenoo" <victory@iol.ie> wrote in message
> I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for
> Contact Data .
>
> I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2
is
> also installed.
>
> I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second
> Copy.
>
> This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I
> understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst"
>
> I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this
data.

> How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it
> so that it too will be included in the daily backup process?
>
> B.N.

0
dl6256 (276)

Contacts onto a Mysql database
Hello, I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts every day. The migration would be done manually. Thanks for the help On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database. >I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution. > >So main features woul...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

i renamed a file i needed and lost the info how do i get it back?
I had 2 files with the same name in excel. After I excited excel, I wanted to rename my new file, and I thought I was renaming the new file, but I actually renamed the old file I was working in and when it said this file exists do you want to change I said yes. I lost all my work. How do I get it back? You can't unless you had a backup. Not nice to excite excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tera" <Tera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6545DD51-3597-45DB-A187-F248ED970C8F@microsoft.com... >I had 2 files with the same n...

Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC
I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000. They are normally connected via the ADC. However, occasionally, these servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a rebuilding of the ADC. Required a bit of extra "manpower", but it got the job done. So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we cannot get the ADC back up. When I try to set the destination or source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5 system, I get the following error: "The Exchange server specified does not meet the...

SMTP address format, auto changes back
Hello, I have just joined a company and they have setup the users SMTP email addresses on Exchange 2003 as firstname@domain.com. They are already running into trouble with duplicate people! I kept the old format for people that had it and I have now set everyone up with firstname.lastname@domain.com addresses! Thing is I created them for everyone and then set it to primary! It does that fine but a couple of days later they have all switched back to firstname@domain.com as there primary smtp address!! any reason why the system would automatically do this? I've looked at Recipien...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...