Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000 - How to Do?

I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for
Contact Data .

I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is
also installed.

I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second
Copy.

This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I
understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst"

I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data.

How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it
so that it too will be included in the daily backup process?

B.N.

0
victory (2)

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#pst
or
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&DisplayLang=en
works with OL2k
By default the pst, which contains all OL data, is named outlook.pst. This
is a hidden file.

"thenoo" <victory@iol.ie> wrote in message
> I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for
> Contact Data .
>
> I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2
is
> also installed.
>
> I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second
> Copy.
>
> This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I
> understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst"
>
> I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this
data.

> How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it
> so that it too will be included in the daily backup process?
>
> B.N.

0
dl6256 (276)

Contacts adding without permission
Live Messenger 14.0.8089 I occasionally get people asking to add me to messenger that I don't know. I decline and block them and that's that. Today, I received a "contact" that didn't request to be added, but was added automatically to my contact list. All I got was a notification that someone had added me as a contact. I deleted and blocked them - but no way to report them to Microsoft as spammers (as with Skype). I already have the box checked for "only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages". Is this a security hole, ...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Send an email template to various contacts when case is created
Hi, I am trying to put in place a workflow rule that is supposed to send an email to the customer whenever a new case has been created. My pb is that it seems I can only send a template email to the Main Contact of the Account and/or the email address associated with the account... Normally the main contact or the email @ associated with the account is more "administrative contact" and I'd like to send to "operational" contact associated with this account. My first idea was to add a custom field for the contacts with a picklist containing "Admin", "...

outlook shuts down immediately
Hi I have outlook installed on an XP workstation. Started with outlook XP. Outlook opens and you can see the icons and some messages, and shuts down immediately. Cannot run in safe mode. Tried to remove profile and same thing happened. Detect and repair and reinstall did the same thing. We now upgraded to 2003 and the same thing is happening. It is an exchange environement and the mailbox can be reached via OWA, so the box is fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

restrict PST for Outlook 2003
I have read some article regarding registry PSTDisableGrow, which will let users add existing PST to OL2003 but won't let them create new PST or add more content to the existing PST. Our Outlook 2003 are at SP2. I guess it should support the registry. Does MS office have a ADM I can add to GPO? Or I have to create one myself? Or someone has already create one so I can copy? Thanks. I don't think this option is in the Office policy templates but you can indeed either create it yourself or simply deploy the registry key by other means such as a logon script. ...

How to reinstall Outlook on XP?
Could anybody tell me, how can I reinstall Outlook on XP Pro, withouth having to reinstall the whole system from scratch? I can't find it in "installable windows tools" in the control panel, nor anywhere else...and I didn't find a link to download it directly either, only updates and fixes... You reinstall or repair frm the origonal OL/MS Office cd Unless of course your meaning outlook express, which may be installed with IE (internet explorer) David "Sab" <ervar@freemail.hu> wrote in message news:051f01c35fde$33e3a040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Could any...

Convert Lotus Organizer 6 Data to Outlook 2003
hello NG, i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared one by one by hand wich is a very unnoying task. isnt' there a different solution? a tool, a filter or something? thanx for any hint, tom Tom H. Lautenbacher <13-jules@gmx.net> wrote: > i am searching for a solution on how to convert my OR6 data to > outlook 2003 and have found until now only the difficult way via a > text-file export. this needs the cells to be declared o...

Strange Outlook question !! Gurus please help !
ok guys ill 1st tell you what i want to do, i have a buisness which sells software that uses "keys" lets say i have a text file with 100 unused keys in it. i have my website, with my advert and also i paypal buy it now button setup with a "unique id", they press buy, pay and i get the paypal notification, (myoutlook checks for mail every 5 mins) now outlook sees the topic, and through IF statements sees IF topic = Item. no 33432 THEN SEND : BBUT i know you can send individual emails and texts, but i want to send 1 line of text from a document and then remove it, so th...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Add sender to Contacts
Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 to "add a sender to Contacts"? not automatically without an addin. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Wilfred" <wpla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D_ednbW04qQnZ5jeRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Is th...

Problem with Outlook automatically deleting messages
After reading received messages in Outlook, Outlook deletes the message upon closure of the message. The message just disappears. Doesn't go to the deleted folder, just disappears. Any help on figuring out the problem, and how to correct it?? Thanks for your help with this bizarre problem. Not bizarre at all. You have set a filter on your Inbox view, such as "Unread messages" or "Sort by icon." Remove it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lois M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e30701c46c74$85150550$a601280a@phx...

rules created in Outlook 2003
I have a client who uses a lot of rules within Outlook 2003 to sort her mail. She is now getting this error when she attempts to create a new rule: "One or more rules could not be uplodaed to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." Anyone have any ideas on how I can allow her to create more rules? Thanks. Hi, See this, e2k/e2k3 have the rules limit: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298&Product=exch2k There"s...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Minimizing Outlook
How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it does NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Thanks "heshie" <heshie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A823326A-9342-4382-8604-75212FA98E05@microsoft.com... > How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it > does > NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Right-click the icon in the system tray and either check or uncheck "Hide When Minimized" as you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thats the way it works, wh...

Outlook won't start
I got some virus that was removed by running an anti-spyware program. However, when I restarted my computer I was unable to open many of my programs including Outlook. I got the message "set associations control panel". There is something wrong with the execution file. Any suggestions? Tried reinstalling Office already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "d...

Quotes from Outlook Client
I have put custom fields on the quote form - general tab and then created / saved a quote. From Outlook Client, I select 'print quote' and go through the screens until the merge fields appear. The custom fields that I created don't appear. Microsoft support doesn't have a solution, other than a custom Crystal report. Any suggestions? Thanks much ...

outlook rules copy instead of moving
when set rule to move message to another folder, it leaves a copy in original folder ...

Outlook 2003 junk mail duplication
Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why this happens? On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:38:00 -0800, BAM <BAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Outlook 2003 i get three copies of each junk mail. Anybody know why >this happens? You might want to ask in an Outlook newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing - scroll down the list and repost in a group for Outlook. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Outlook 2003 hangs
I have installed Office 2003 with Outlook. Outlook hangs almoxt all th time and the only way I can get it to work is to reinstall it. I am running Win 2K pro, P$, 1.6 GHz, 512MB RAM. All W2K updates ar current. Can someone clue me in on how to make this run on W2K or do have to go to XP, which I don't want to. Thanks, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook Icon doesn't appear on desktop
After installing Office 2003 Stanard edition, I noticed that the Outlook Icon didn't appear on the desktop. Can anyone help. I found it handy for the full icon to be on the desktop, for change mailbox configurations, ext. Zach Even though it doesn't mention 2003 it still applies http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238567, one tip the article mentions the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE adding a key to this will enable the Desktop Icon for all users, however if you want it for just you then replace the mentioned key with HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I should imagine that you...

mailing list from contacts
How do I use my outlooks contact list to pick and choose specific addresses (ie, business vs home) to create a list? Then how do I export to word to create mailing labels for holiday cards? You can skip the first step. Go to your Contacts folder, select the people you want and use Tools-> Mail Merge... Set the option to use the selected contacts only. After that, you can select the needed fields in Word to build your mail merge with the fields you need (either for Home address or Business address). If you can't get it done with a single mail merge, use two instead; one ...

Manually converting a lead to a contact...
Does anyone here know the processes involved in manually converting a Lead into a contact? How does the internal "Convert Lead" system work? What we've come up with is: 1) Qualify the Lead 2) Manually create the Account & Master Account (if applicable) 3) Manually create the Contact 4) Associate the Lead to the Contact Does this sound about right, and has anyone done this yet? Thanks! David When you convert a Lead you have many options. The Lead can be converted to a combination of a Contact, Account and Opportunity. If a contact is created it can be linked to ...

outlook and organizing files/emails
Hi, I have about 20,000 emails of which about 1% of them have attached word, excel, jpeg, pdf, powerpoint files. The emails are located in about 1000 folders. The hierachy of folders is maximum of 5 deep starting at the INBOX. So.... the problem is that Outlook is running too slow now and I have to figure out how I can organize these messages into some form of system. I have tried using CRM software but its much to cumbersome and slow to use CRM software, secondly the software packages don't allow me to create folders in the notes/history files or to catagorize my emails in the way i ...