background problems

I'm runnig Microsoft outlook 2003. When using the a microsoft background I am
told by my e-mail receivers that the background is partially covering my text
message. I am using the engineering background in the left margin.  My
viewing area is fine with this background.

Plaese help
0
grami2 (1)

OUTLOOK 2000 task problems
My secretary is running MS XP home and Office pro 2000 SP3. I send task requests to her and she cannot open them, she can see them in the list but cannot open them. What can we do to solve this? Thanks Stu what version are you using? are you sending them as RTF? click on her email address in the task and see if it's set for always use rtf. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-...

problem in configuring microsoft outlook 2003 via squid proxy serv
sir, when i configure Microsoft outlook 2003 with internet explorer proxy settings, it is not configured.can u tell me any option through which i can bypass the proxy settings into the Microsoft outlook or there is any option into the internet explorer through which i can change the proxy settings into the Microsoft outlook 2003. my contact no. is : 09896111271 thanks ...

Problem inserting calculated pivot fields into Pivot Table (2007)
Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The field shows in the Field List, but Excel will not let me drag the Calculated field into the Pivot Table areas (other than into the Values area). What am I doing wrong? Hi A calculated item or field, can ONLY be allocated to the data area. It's position within the data area can be modified, but it cannot be moved to any other area -- Regards Roger Govier wamiller36 wrote: > Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The > field shows in the Field List, b...

Display random background pics on form loading?
That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? "Maarkr" wrote: > That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one > directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but > nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? Figured this out... What I did was this... made a table (PicTable) with 2 fields (PicID, PicPath) and put the paths in the pi...

Weird problem with Outlook 2000
I use windows Me. Outlook frequently--but not always--reverts to a previous window when I click on the icon for new message instead of opening a new message window. Also, in the menu bar there is an item "Favorites" If I move the cursor over that--even without clicking the program freezes for maybe 15 sec. Clicking on that item does nothing at all. What's going on? Jerry lobdillj@charter.net What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

WideChartoMultiByte problems
Hi I am trying to convert a wchar_t string to multibyte. The following code is what i am using void Ctest_editDlg::OnOK() { CString m_strList; int ret = WideCharToMultiByte(m_edit.GetCodePage(),WC_COMPOSITECHECK ,m_edit.GetInputBuffer(),-1,m_strList.GetBuffer(),0,NULL,NULL); AfxMessageBox(m_strList); //CDialog::OnOK(); } Compiling code with MBCS support. When i input 5 japanese characters i get the ret value from the function as 10 meaning 10 bytes have been writen however my variable m_strList is still empty!!! m_edit.GetCodePage() = 932 m_edit.GetInputBuffer() = returns a wchar_t st...

Pivot Table Problem
Hi, I have come across a problem using pivot tables. After creating the pivot table I select a filter drop down but it will not let me edit any of the checkboxes. I have tried numerous spreadsheets and even re-installed excel to no avail. I have search the web and can find no reference to this problem. There is no protection on the spreadsheet and on another machine it works fine. Has anyone seen this before and / or can suggest a solution. Kind Regards, Mark How did you create the pivot table? Where is the source data? Merlin wrote: > I have come across a problem using pivot tabl...

Problem importing external data
Hi, all; I'm using Excel as the repository for some Oracle records I'm following in testing our application. One row is the record in the text file, next row is the record after being imported to the DB, next row is after another process, etc. and so forth. Each row (after the first) is added using the Import External Data wizard, which usually works just fine. The problem is that sometimes, when the row is "put" into the worksheet, it seems to push all the rest of the rows way out to the right, so that what used to be in column A is now in column BD. That's one more...

Access 2003 Combo problem
I have an access form I have been using for four years without any major problems. Part of the data entry requires a user to enter a state two letter designation in three places. I am trying to modify the form to use a combo box which displays the two letters of the states and then allow the user to select the state. I have established a table with the the state name in one field (30 characters long) and the two letter combination in the other field (2 characters long). I have placed a combo box on the form I am using and see the various two letters display. Once selected this two letter ...

Safe Mode Problem
Perhaps my previous message didn't explain clear enough itself. But I need some help and would like to further explain the problem again. My system with Windows XP Pro SP-2 was/is working perfectly except that it won't boot into safe mode. The system is booting up smoothly in regular mode but when I try to boot it into safe mode, then it loads some drivers and started to reboot again and again until I choose to start windows in normal boot. This sounds strange as my understanding is that boot up problem normally due to conflict of drivers, software and/or hardware. So if a mach...

Customization problem
Hi, We are working on customizing Case records, and would like to add a Contacts lookup field on the Case form. Using the customization page, I have done just that, added the Contacts field to the form. However, when you click the browse button on 'Contact' in the form you get the error message: "Internet Explorer: unknown lookup style - your properties xml is probably not set properly". Furthermore, even if I remove the Contacts field from the form using the customization tool and republish it doesn't disappear from the users' forms. It is gone from the form...

xml format problem
Hi I'm using the following code to create xml string: Dim Doc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument Dim newAtt As System.Xml.XmlAttribute Dim dec As System.Xml.XmlDeclaration dec = Doc.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0", Nothing, Nothing) dec.Encoding = "UTF-8" Doc.AppendChild(dec) Dim DocRoot As System.Xml.XmlElement = Doc.CreateElement("userlist") newAtt = Doc.CreateAttribute("ACTION") newAtt.Value = vAction DocRoot.Attributes.Append(newAtt) newAtt = Doc.CreateAttribute("VENDORNAME") newAtt.Value = vVendorName DocRoot.Attributes.Append(newAtt) Doc.A...

2 small problems
Outlook 2002 / W98 I expect these to be easy but, as an old guy, I can't find the answer. 1) Journaling - when I get an email and want it to show up in the journal, I D&D to the Journal. This leaves a copy in my Inbox. How do I get email into the Journal folder without deleting it or keeping a copy in the Inbox? 2) Forms - I have finally managed to create a form used in 2 folders. The form works great in one folder but in the other the title shows as strike-thru. How do I get rid of the strike-thru? -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. P...

Background Sizing
I am creating an ad in Publisher and I specify the size on the ad on page set up. Everything is fine until I add a background - the ad is then larger than the settings I entered. Backgrounds want to cover the entire page with a little left over. What size is your ad? What happens if you create an autoshape and fill it? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jen B" <Jen B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F093E5C-B689-46DF-BC97-01FD15A2235D@microsoft.com... >I am creating an ad in Publi...

"Track in CRM" problem
Hi, I have a problem when I want to send a message if "Track in CRM" is selected, nothing appens and I have to unselect this option for sending the message. So sometimes, I have this problem and sometimes, the message is sent perfectly... The problem appears for all my users that have to use "Track in CRM" option. We have the rollup 5 for CRM 4.0. Does somebody have any idea ? Thanks a lot ...

Exchange 2003 Email Addressing problems
Example: If I’m in Domain A and address an email note to someone in Domain B that has the same user name only, domain suffix is completely different. The Exchange server in A apparently looks at the email name and decides that since it has an email name that matches in it’s directory it changes the domain suffix to it’s own and the user in domain A receives the note. If the user dose not exist in A and does exit in B then the mail will send to the correct party (obviously). Added note: I’m typing the full email address Example: joe@foo.bar.com, I’m not using the check names component fo...

Problem With Internet Links
I have Outlook 2000-SP3 and Windows 2000-SP4. I used to be able to click on an Internet link included in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet link. Not sure if it is an Outlook problem but I thought I'd give it a try... Thanks for your suggestions. ---- tb Tiziano <nospam@example.com> wrote: > I used to be able to click on an Internet link included > in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. > Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet > link. Try this: in Internet Explorer, click Tools>In...

Add background music????
How do I add background music to a email. I want it to play a song when the receiving person opens the email I sent to them. Thanks Doug Answered in the general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_...

Problem with unbound search page
I am having a problem with an unbound form that I have create. I’m not actually sure where I am going wrong, but here is a brief synopsis of what I have done so far. - Made an unbound from call “SearchPage” (to include a Subform called “Cat Codes Subform”) - placed a text box called “Text49” on the SearchPage The table and/or subform has only two fields: Cat Codes and Definition Other then the codes I have posted, that is the extent of the form. I would really appreciate assistance getting this form(code) fixed so that I can Search for a Cat Code or Definition and have it display any a...

Access 2003 and 2007 on same PC
I have Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on the same PC (installed correctly as per the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928091). I am having problems with VBA References. A new database created in Access 2003 contains references to the Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library, not the Access 11. Therefore none of my VBA code will work. it comes up with an error of "object or class does not support the set of events" Does anyone know how to re-set the reference back to Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library - I can't untick the reference to 12.0 and when I b...

XPath problem #3
Hi all, How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes? descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo] Here's how it's called on the document root node: XmlNodeList list = m_xmlDoc.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(sXPathExpression); Here's the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Deal BPApplication="WCC" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/TestWCDealSchema.xsd"><Applicants><SignerInfo ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName /><SSN /><Adress><Street /><C...

background color for dashed line
Hi, I'm calling CPen::CreatePen() and passing PS_DASH (white color). My background is black BUT the line I draw (using the CPen object) is drawn on an existing WHITE line. As a result, I cannot see the new dashed line (because it doesn't draw anything between the small lines so I see only one solid line). I know that I can draw two lines- one black and one dashed white, but the question is if I can draw only one dashed line so that between the white small lines it will draw black lines? Regards, Ram. Ram, If memory serves, the color set in SetBkColor will be used by the background...

How can I add more background colors or stationary to Outlook temp
How can I add more background colors, stationery, animated watermarks, etc. to Outlood email? I go to Outlook> Actions> New Mail Message Using > More Stationery but there are only a templates as options. I would like to add templates. For example green for St Paddys, bunny backgrounds, animated (moving) hearts, etc. Thank you Create pages in an HTML editor and save to %appdata%\microsoft\stationery -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Debt Reduction Planner problem #2
Has anyone experienced a problem with the debt planner. I use Money 2006 US edition and for some reason Money has entered a one-time payment of �8500 into my debt reduction plan which totally screws up my plan. I don't have that kind of money available in any of my accounts neither do I have any assets that it could be using to offset the debt. My budget shows it as part of my expenses on the homepage but when I go into the expenses part of my budget the correct amounts are displayed and the �8500 isn't present anywhere. I only found it was from the debt reduction plan when I c...

Re: FileDialog problem