Back up and restore of Out look express.

Hi all,

I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book
restored in Outlook Express.  Do you know what extension the Address book
is?  Can I import it?  Thanks

Brent Hauver
www.sagehealthstore.com

0
bh4576 (39)

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Brent Hauver asked:

| Hi all,
|
| I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my
| address book restored in Outlook Express.  Do you know what extension
| the Address book is?  Can I import it?  Thanks
|

| Brent Hauver
| www.sagehealthstore.com

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Restore to another place Urgent
Hi Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual mailbox. Thanks William to do that, you need a recovery server... "William Cooper" <nospamw.cooper@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:u8GhXtTOEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to restore an exchange 2000 server database without > overwriting the existing database I need to restore just one individual > mailbox. > > Thanks > > William > > Hi, Please the following link to he...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Password to restore Money?????
I have to send my notebook in for repairs. Since I don't know how long it will be gone I am trying to get the programs I use daily to work on my desktop. I installed an older copy of MSMoney (2003) on my desktop. I use 2007 on my laptop and my backup file is from Money2007. I can't install 2007 on my desktop due to some kind of licensing thing and will have to probably get a new license code to reinstall it on my laptop when I get it back (ya HP will be restoring my notebook back to 'original' configuration during repair) Anyway, when I select the restore feature and I p...

Look at that critical update
--aubryxdtczqmsdzc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ctjtsuzccacio"; type="multipart/alternative" --ctjtsuzccacio Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bcnpwjwxflgkadod" --bcnpwjwxflgkadod Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulne...

Looking for a U.S. map you can click on state for sales figure?
I am looking for a tool or product where I can convert sales figures from an excel spreadsheet to a map of the United States you can click on each state for figures/statistics for each state. Any suggestions out there? RicP I found several USA state images that you could use with Google. I added a hyperlink to the Ste name and linked it to range name for state - associated with data. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg This one is just one of many. Look till you find the one that fits your need. I used SnagIt to copy image and paste to a blank Excel wo...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Google Spreadsheet
I think Microsoft can take a sigh of relief. I have played with Google spreadsheet for about 30 minutes and created a bunch of bug reports: 1. It is slow opening files with lots of formatting. 2. Don't try to hybernate your notebook in the middle of your session. 3. It couldn't open one of my Excel files. I only tried about 10 or so files. 4. It doesn't support all Excel number formats. It opened one my files with a custom date fomat and couldn't display it. The good points are: 1. For the most part it is Excel compatible. 2. It stores your files online for easy access f...

Oulook Express
First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file extensions are. Thanx Peter >-----Original Message----- >First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook >express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on >my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file >extensions are. >Thanx >Peter > > > > > > >. >Have you tried the Import/ Export function. I just did the same, but it was Outlook Express to o...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Date selection criteria expression help needed
i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some of the cells have null (empty) values. I would like to query for null values and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy). I am having trouble. any help would be greatly appreciated. Field: YourDateField Criteria: Is Null Or = Date() OR Field: YourDateField Criteria (Line1): Is Null Criteria (Line2): = Date() '==================================================== John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland B...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Auto look through subfolders

Outlook 2003 Email Immediate Bounce Back
I'm having an odd problem with outgoing email in Outlook 2003. I just got a new laptop w/XP Pro and loaded the MS Office Standard Suite w/SP1. I also downloaded and installed Office SP3. I set up Outlook email w/all my POP3 settings and tested the settings in Outlook -- all fine. Incoming email is no problem. However for some outgoing emails, I get an immediate (and I mean instantaneous) bounce-back message that looks like the following: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 2/5/2010 12:13 PM The following re...

Switching from Outlook Express
Is the only way to move emails and contacts from express to regular Outlook by exporting/importing? "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a1301c3e676$b91caee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is the only way to move emails and contacts from express > to regular Outlook by exporting/importing? Yep - unless you install your own mail server like Mercury from Pegasus mail and do it that way....... >-----Original Message----- >"Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:6a1301c3e676$b91caee0$a501...

Outlook Express 6 & Binary File Messages
Hi, I have a question for the group. When using OE 6 to read binary messages in NG's that have multiple posts that have to be joined together in order to view the image (.jpg, .gif, etc.), why are only the second or third parts only shown. In other words, if you see in a message post that would normally show extensions like (1/2, 2/2 etc.), how come only the 2/2 or however many parts there are show up instead of complete post messages. Do I need to adjust any settings or is this a problem with the news server that the message posts are sent to ? I'm running Win XP...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

Outlook Express E-Mail #2
How do you import photos into the body of an e-mail message, not as an attachment? First, make sure you're using HTML as your mail format. Once you've done that you should have commands available for inserting pictures into the body of the mail item That having been said.... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x ht...

Back
is it my imagination or is there a forumla that you can use to go BACK to the previous sheet that you were on....or am i just imagining it? somthing like =()back and if it actually does work how do i actually put it into the workbook?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No such formula that I know of, but it is to create one It's fairly simple. Put this code in a normal code module Public iCurrSheet As Long Public iPrevSheet As Long Sub GoBack() If iCurrSheet <> iPrevSheet Then Worksheets(iPrevSheet).Activate End If End Sub and this ...

Move contact subfolders back to categories
Did a click & drag of some categories to contact subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? Once again, please, with more clarity. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sdm918" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ae3d01c44f21$e25e4340$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Did a click & drag of some categories to contact > subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? ...

Back-Up Data & Delete Data
I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into RMS Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to recover my database once it's been deleted? "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7D52BA8C-FF21-4947-94EE-6E9732146984@microsoft.com... >I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into >RMS > Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to > recover > my database once it's been deleted? No... You could backup your current da...