-------Original Message--------

From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PCL@pah.com

2.) Awkward message as below.

-------Original Message--------

From:pres@pah.com [mailto:pres@pah.com] On Behalf Of Lee
Cheng Poh

0
ngwaimun (2)

Are you using the From field to select a different sending account on the
reply, perhaps?  If so, don't do it that way -- use the Accounts button on
the toolbar in a new mail message to select a different sending account.
The From field in Outlook is really only used within a Microsoft Exchange
Server environment, when one person has permissions to send mail on behalf
of someone else.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:12bd301c3f697$d4ed4540$a401280a@phx.gbl,
ng wrote:

> I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary
> email client.
>
> When I replaying an email, the original message goes like
> this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the
> number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the
> need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is
> wrinting the original message when I reply to any email.
>

> Thanks

> 1) Original replying email should be as below.

Error message when Invoicing a Contract
When attemtping to invoice a contract to change the status I recieve the following error message: "A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again. " The CUSTOMER NAME and BILL TO CUSTOMER are the same. Since I need content for the BILL TO ADDRESS, I use the auto look-up and select the only address the pertains to the customer. CRM version: 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) ------=_NextPart_0001_EF353008 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David, Thank you for your post, I'm Don and I...

Outlook 2002 not sending email from Outbox
On occasion Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP pro) running on windows XP Home machine will not send email and changes the status of the email as if it were sent leaving a copy in the Outbox and a copy in the Sent Items folder. The email in the Outbox cannot be resent. To send it we have to create a new message and copy and paste the content of the original one. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this? Is there a setting that can be changed to ensure email in the outbox actually goes out? Regards John jcburr@ihug.co.nz -- Regards John Burrell ----------------------------------...

Cannot send any e-mail messages "The operation failed. An object could not be found"
Hello, I have been having massive problems with Outlook 2007, as of late. After having solved my initial problems with this programme (constant crashing when adding .pdf files, for example), I am now facing a new ordeal; whenever I try sending a message I constantly get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have tried several options to resolve this issue. Among those: 1. Adding a new profile. 2. Deleting my old profiles. 3. Running the scanpst.exe 4. Running Office Diagnostics. 5. Re-installing Outlook. De-installation is not an opti...

Stuck on error message 80240016
Hi everyone, and thanks for the useful info in this group. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and cannot get Windows Updates at present. The update symbol is permanently in my system tray with the message 'Windows can't check for updates'. When I try to run it I get error message 80240016 'Windows Update is currently installing updates. Please try again in a few minutes'. The 'available update' which claims to be waiting to be installed is Windows Vista Service Pack 2. It has been stuck like this for weeks, and always returns the same message. I w...

privacy message in new message
How does one add this type of message to an Ex5.5 system? Pointers to information/instructions would be greatly appreciated. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer_Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Barry" <bvangurp@hotmail.com> wro...

Error Message : The Note ID has not been set
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CA1041.543923F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Usually and most of the times; the note icon works fine and it will let = you write the notes; to further explain especially on the items master = and adjustments. However if there is a receipt of an item through manufacturing process, = the note icon will not let you to write any notes on the Adjustment = transaction and the moment you write some thing and then click attach, = it will pop up with the a...

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

Error Message 0x8007007e
After restoring my C drive due to a hard disk crash, I am unable to retrieve email into Outlook. My email filtering program works just fine, but when I try to retrieve my emails into Outlook, it appears that they are all being retrieved until the error message above comes up. It further describes this error as unable to connect to server, etc. Anybody know what's up with this? ...

Sent messages
Hi, Is there a way to track messages that is being sent to a specific domain? Thanks in advance On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:39:56 +0200, vinkad@eskom.co.za wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to track messages that is being sent to a specific domain? > >Thanks in advance And have you tried enabling message tracking and looking in the Message Tracking Center? Yes, I have but that is not sufficient for what I want. I want to be able to export the data so that I can extract relevant information in order to bill customers. The scenario is: User sends a Short Message (SMS) from a mail...

lost emails #4
None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. Once I close out of a message and open the next they are being automatically deleted. How do I stop this? Also, I'm assuming the ones I've lost so far are gone for good??? Sounds like your View setting has been set at "Unread Messages". Go to View on the top bar and tick "Messages". Should do the trick and you should get all your emails 'back' Lee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bf701c3d6c5$68a4d480$a301280a@phx.gbl... > None of my emails in my inbox are being saved. ...

Mail enabled folder not auto-replying
I have created a mail enabled folder. I am able to send mail to the folder address both internally and externally. The problem is I have a folder assistant rule that specifies a reply be sent to all incoming emails. The reply is sent perfectly if the email is an internal address (in active directory) but no reply is sent at all when a message is received from an external source. I've tried everything I can think of, so if you have any comments/ideas - please let me know. Thanks, James Are auto-replies to the Internet disabled? They should be, but.... in 5.5, on the IMS. 200x: G...

Display received email as HTML
Outlook 2007 intermittently displays received HTML emails as text. A subscription from USA Today now displays as plain text. How to fix? Thank You, Claudette ...

I can not stop save warning message when I click Close (x) botton or Alt+F4
Hi experts!, I have created a workbook with a macro (assigned o a button), which saves the workbook under a different name when the macro button is clicked based on the infromation entered by the end-user. Accordingly I don't want the end-user to save that workbook under any other name or before completely filing the information needed. The macro enables saving only after all information is entered. I have disabled all commands functions, bars etc. and shortcuts (such as Ctr+S) to avoid end-user saving without cliciking the macro button. All work fine except Close Button(X) of excel on t...

Inbox messages being deleted
Outlook started automatically deleting any message I view in the In Box. The deleted messages do not go to the Deleted Box or any other place I can find. Is there some place in the set-up that defines that e- mails should be deleted after viewed? This has never happened in three years of using Outlook 2000. ...

"Find Message"
Is there an equivalent of the "find message " in Live Mail that we used in XP? I used to be able to use "From", "To", "Subject" after clicking on "Find" to retrieve an email. I appreciate your help!! It's the same. Edit (ALT+E), Find, Message (Ctrl+Shift+F). Microsoft has chosen to hide the menu bar by default. If you want to permanently display the menu bar, toward the right hand end of the tool bar is an icon of a cursor pointing to a drop down menu. Hovering the cursor over that will display "Menus (ALT+M)"...

Windows Desktop Search don't index Outlook 2007 messages
I used to have Office 2007 Beta 2 and Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3 beta, and they worked perfectly together. I would love to use X1, but ti doesn't support office 2007 yet. I'm using WDS meanwhile, and I'm OK with it. However, when I uninstalled Office 2007 Beta 2 and install Office 2007 Enterprise RTM, it prompted me to install WDS 3. I downloaded and installed it, and since then, my e-mail data is not indexed. I have an Exchange Server mailbox, and additional 6 pst files I work with. In the tree of selection in the WDS options screen, I see all these mailboxes, but can ...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

Receiving New Messages
My Outlook hangs up and stop responding while receiving new messages. Can anyone help me with this problem? Provide more info like type of service POP3, Exchange, IMAP, HTTP, other... and version of Outlook and anything more you would like to share regarding this issue. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "rdoverspike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Problem with creating email-enabled objects and SMTP addresses
I am having trouble creating mail-enabled contacts and users (can't get pass Create an Exchange e-mail address part). Or adding additional SMTP addresses to mail-enabled groups and mailbox-enable users). I can only create mailbox-enable users and mail-enbled group both using default SMTP address. All this from Windows XP workstation using Active Directory Users and Computer MMC snap-in using logging on as standard domain user. (no administrator privilege) Error message popup as I tried to adding SMTP addresses. ------ An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain. Check if the ...

Removing Message Handler
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows XP and am developing Windows graphics code using the MFC AppWizard. I have a class, CImageView, which is derived from CScrollView. I would like to add a message handler for WM_LBUTTONDOWN but, when I got go "Add Windows Message Handler", this is already in the list of added handlers. When I highlight it and click "Edit Existing" I am taken to OnMouseMove(). There does not appear to be a way to remove this handler so that I can add it properly. It is possible that I added it at some point and then rmoved it by deleting every re...

outlook message
I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? "Trader" <Trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60FCCFE-6B52-4C2F-8DAC-B2D490C50A42@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It > continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? What versions of Outlook and Windows? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Email Attachment won't open #3
When I send an attachment through Outlook, the receiver can't open it. What could be the problem? Could be a lot of things. What kind of attachment? What version of Outlook are you using? What version of Outlook are they using? What happens when they try to open it? Do they get an error message? What does that error message say? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "emery" <anonymous...

Message Store does not reflect time of last full backup.
We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up both the system and the exchange stores. The application logs show successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange. The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch 5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. An...

View messages by Message Timeline
When working with message views I selected view current view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very useful for keeping chronologic track of events. The question is that from time to time a bar of varying length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure what it means. At fires I thought it had something to do with the number of message threads but some of the messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones with a good number of threads. Does anyone know what these thing are? That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in ques...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...