Automatically sending with outlook 2002

I am running Outlook 2002.  When I click send, to send an
email, it goes into Outbox.  I then need to click
send/receive from Inbox.  Is there anyway the email can
just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to
click send in 2 steps?
Thanks.

0
anonymous (74717)

Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup
Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the
Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups.

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Ronk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Outlook 2002.  When I click send, to send an
> email, it goes into Outbox.  I then need to click
> send/receive from Inbox.  Is there anyway the email can
> just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to
> click send in 2 steps?
> Thanks.

0
patrickareed (498)
8/17/2004 6:00:55 PM
Yes
The Send immediately when connected box is checked.
Also in the Send/receive group, both include the froup
online & offline are both checked.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/17/2004 8:48:45 PM
What type of mail account do you use? Exchange Server? POP3? IMAP? Are you
having any issues receiving mail?

--

> Yes
> The Send immediately when connected box is checked.
> Also in the Send/receive group, both include the froup
> online & offline are both checked.

0
patrickareed (498)

Can't send email in Outlook 2002
After clicking on send, I got the following error message: The operation failed due to network or other commuication problems. Check your connection and try again. I was able to receive email. What gives? Are you connected to Exchange or is this a connection to your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Marian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b65c01c4500d$9c0ab1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After clicking on send, I got...

sending email #14
When sending a new email in Outlook 2003 I start typing the recipients name in the To: field, rather than selecting it from the GAl. For certain recipients, multiple aliases appear in the drop down box. Depending on the name selected the email may not be delivered at all. Is there a way to clear/update the address book cache, if you will, to only have the correct alias appear? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:00:31 -1000, Aaron Neunz <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote: > When sending a new email in Outlook 2003 I start typing the recipients > name > in...

Outlook Express Error Message
I am receiving an error message that states that the add- in "C:\Program Files\NavNT\vprnsece.dll" could not be installed. It states it can be resolved by using Detect and Repair in the Help menu, which I have tried several times, but to no avail. Any suggestions as to how to fix this error. Hi - this is a Norton Antivirus error. Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you...

How to stop outlook resending attachments multiple times
When I send an email with an attachment, it will send several times before I manually have to stop it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to rectify the problem? "fisco" <fisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F793C1E7-AE4D-45F7-BCA6-98C570F2F915@microsoft.com... > When I send an email with an attachment, it will send several times before > I > manually have to stop it. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to > rectify > the problem? Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product tha...

how can i export incedimail emails to outlook
Do you have a question? Please put it into this big blank white field. Thank you -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "ade1" <ade1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F90070B-E41B-4B94-B75E-44E7FB692B4E@microsoft.com... > Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007...

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

removing Outlook 2000's envelope icon in system tray?
I'm running Outlook 2000 on W2k. Once I start up Outlook, it leaves a process running called OUTLOOK.EXE (visable from Task Manager) which, I assume, is what causes Outlook to continue periodically checking for new email -- even after I close Outlook. How can I prevent Outlook from continueing to check email even after I close the program? I suppose that I can change the "check for new messages every xxx minutes" field so that it only checks for new messages when I tell it to. But I'd rather it check automatically when Outlook is running, and then stop checking automat...

Automatic CC

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Outlook 2003, POP3 mail
Hi Peop's Ref. Outlook 2003 POP3 I've recently started to get a random problem with mails sent as HTML such as newsletters, they display as follows, it does not happen all the time from a given source!. I have checked all PST's with the fix pst tool. e.g. HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_news.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_world.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_rec_logoclass.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct&pPageID=1115&so...

When start Outlook, it doesn't prompt for the password for PST file.
How to get the "Password for Personal Folder Dialog Box" to appear when Outlook starts. ...

embedded pictures in Outlook 2002 (sp3) not displayed
Does anyone know why the embedded pictures in received email messages do not appear? Instead, an icon with a small red square, green circle and blue triangle appears. Thanks Sparky Are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sparky asked: | Does anyone know why the embedded pictures in received email messages | do not appear? ...

Automatic axis format

Outlook 2002-sp2
Unable to get email working. Problem started 3 weeks ago. Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I uninstalled and reinstalled outlook but to no avail. ISP (DSL Extreme) has also run out of ideas. Computer accesses internet throught Linksys router BEFSR41 ver.2, at default settings. Other computers with outlook and outlook express email work fine. Help! John >-----Origin...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

Managing Tasks and Projects in Outlook
Hi, I am curiuous to hear about the best way to manage tasks and projects in Outlook. Currently I manage projects by either setting up a task and constantly updating it with notes, or by setting up a folder and placing project e-mail messagges into the folder. I'm hoping there is an easier way to handle the management. I am also interested to hear of any Outlook add-ons or plug-in's that can help me with Task/Project Management. As far as stand alone programs are concerned, I have tried Microsoft Project, but it seems like overkill to me. Thanks for your help. ccesena@redwoodcity....