Automatically selecting email account

I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one for personal. Both are=
  =

configured in Outlook 2003. My contacts list contains a number of busine=
ss  =

contacts (category =3D "Work") and a number of personal contacts (catego=
ry =3D  =

"Personal"). Is there a way to automatically use the appropriate email  =

account according to which person I am emailing?

I mean that the moment Outlook sees a contact in the "to" field who is  =

assigned to the "Work" category, it uses the business email etc.

I don't want a business contact to see my personal email address or a  =

personal contact to see my work email. If I have to manually select the =
 =

account myself, sooner or later I will make a mistake.

Am I whistling in the wind or are there sleigh bells ahead? Is there a  =

script or a "perform custom action" that might do the trick?

-- =

As far as I know, no. There's no way to automatically select accounts based
on recipient. You've got to choose it when sending.

"Ski" <nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one for personal. Both are
configured in Outlook 2003. My contacts list contains a number of business
contacts (category = "Work") and a number of personal contacts (category =
"Personal"). Is there a way to automatically use the appropriate email
account according to which person I am emailing?

I mean that the moment Outlook sees a contact in the "to" field who is
assigned to the "Work" category, it uses the business email etc.

I don't want a business contact to see my personal email address or a
personal contact to see my work email. If I have to manually select the
account myself, sooner or later I will make a mistake.

Am I whistling in the wind or are there sleigh bells ahead? Is there a
script or a "perform custom action" that might do the trick?

0
vince8328 (2733)

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Automatic CC

selecting qty to print via textbox entry
I've been searching for this, but cannot find it. Simply, I have a userform to generate label printing. User enters the info, then in textbox4 will give the quantity to print. All I need is the script that will change the Number of Copies based on the entry of Textbox4 when the labels are printed. Much thanks j.o. I'm not sure what you are wanting to print. I assume a sheet. If it's not a sheet, I would recommend reading about the PrintOut method in the VBA help section. It would help if you post the code you are using and give specifics of your application. ...

Automatic axis format

Inbox says 2 new emails, not seeing them..
I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running Outlook 2003. This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read already. She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do? Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda? Is her reading pane set to mark messages read when the selection changes? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Error when trying to get Activities and History of Account, smells like Bug
I have two Accounts, that I get an error, every time I try to reach their activities and history! The error message comes like : An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 ...

How to add a 2nd page to an online email newsletter in Publisher?
I have inserted a 2nd page to my online email newsletter in publisher but when I view it by either the preview or sending it to my self I cannot get to the second page!! Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this please. This is for my small business and I am trying to have this ready for a June 1 release. Thank you. I think the only way of getting additional story to your email is make a Publisher page twice as long (22"). Creating a multi-page PDF file may be more appreciated by your readers for it is a nicer file to save, and print out. -- Don Vancouver, ...

Selecting cell with mouse
Hi, Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked with the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse. I'd thought that the range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this isn't the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select the unlocked cells with the mouse. If I unprotect the worksheet, then all works as expected. I'm at a loss! Any pointed most welcome. Rob I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but not the mouse. My first thought w...

is there a way to send out an email at a prescheduled time?
Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain future event -- such as giving baby, etc... Is there a way to time my email? Thanks a lot! click on Options when composing the message - depending on your version and account type, the message will be sent at the time specified. Test it first to see how it works with your combination. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:/...

About duplicated email remover!
hi, everyone! As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can only be used in 30 days. After 30 days, the software can not be used as the expired version. Who can give me SN? I can't afford it as the dear cost! Thanks so much! Happy new year! "KejiaLi" <kejiali@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23KyjJGrDGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, everyone! > As known to us, duplicated email remover can find repetitious mails in the > folders of outlook. But, a unregistered copy can onl...

Forward MailBox:Outlook Emails are not showing as CRM activities
Hi, I have configured forward mailbox successfully using Email router and executed Rule Deployment Wizard after that.Noe Emails are successfully routed to the corresponding mailboxes using forward mailboxes(Same can be seen in outlook) but unfortunately when I am selecting "All Activities" from Microsoft CRM workplace these emails are not showing as activities i.e. Emails are not downloading to MS CRM system.Any possible reason for that? Hi Pratip i would look at the following things: 1.Are you tracking the emails from the CRM toolbar in outlook 2.Which emails have the user...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...

Monitoring Email Usage
I have been charged with the dubious pleasure of analysing how much our email system is being used. I need to report on the number of emails sent and received by users, and also the time spent accessing email. Can anyone offer advice on how this may be done. We have a 2 server Exchange environment with aprroximately 1000 users. Thanks in advance Simon Tonks Some suggestions here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_messag.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Simon Tonks" <simon@cityc...

empty junk e-email shows 4294967294 emails
Whenever I delete/empty my junk email, it shows that number above indicating that I have that many new emails in the folder. It keeps accurate tally when there's emails in there, both read and unread. Curious how I can fix this? I don't notice anything else, abnormal happening with outlook, however I would like to fix it. Any suggestions? XP pro ms office 2007 advanced user TIA There was a counting bug with the RTM release of Outlook 2007. This issue should be fixed when you have the latest Service Pack (SP2) and updates installed. -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...