automatically save outgoing mail

How do I set up a folder to automatically save my outgoing mail and/or sent
items?

Tools->options->email options->Save a copy of outgoing messages.  You can
also use rules to save items to designated folders based on criteria in the
email.  If you post your version of outlook, someone can be more specific.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, boggsandfishel_wendy asked:

| How do I set up a folder to automatically save my outgoing mail
| and/or sent items?

0
millys7517 (85)

excel save as csv
I need to generate a csv file that encloses every text field with a double quote like this - "abc", "def","ghi", etc. Currently, excel will do this ONLY with fields that contain a comma like this - "word1, word2", def, ghi Any help would be much appreciated! Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <51B9385E-F0F9-4A0E-B336-497E2883EA2D@microsoft.com>, "Newbie-Don" <Newbie-Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to generate a csv file that encloses every text field with a doub...

Setting up an away email to automatically be sent out
Well the problem i am having is trying to set up a out of office email reply on one of our computers with outlook 2002. You are supposed to be able to open up tools and it is supposed to be listed there, but for some reason we do not have it. Also you are supposed to be able to create a template to put in a e-mail rule, but we do not have to option to save a template. I have tried to create a template by just agging the ".OFT" as the file type but when it sends the message it is always blank. I have added it in the add ins and I have done the repair from the disk, I have r...

Background checking for the mails
Please let me know how can be Background checking of the mails can be disabled on the Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/and XP. Also, how it can be done if the MAPI account are being used on the system, also with the POP. Thank you. Sushil Kumar Sharma. ...

How can I disable outgoing email being sent as attachments?
When I send email I am being told from the person receiving it that it has been sent as an attachment that they have to open to read. How do I disable that feature? JERMAINE <JERMAINE @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send email I am being told from the person receiving it that > it has been sent as an attachment that they have to open to read. How > do I disable that feature? Try sending your message in plain text. -- Brian Tillman ...

E-mail address are frozen in Outbox
When I try to send e-mails, they are frozen in the outbox and do not get sent for about three days. When I leave Outlook, I get a message, "You still have messages in your outbox. Are you sure you want to leave." When I first choose send, it does not get sent. It stays in my outbox. If I re-typed it, two e-mails will stay in the outbox for about three days. How can I fix Outlook? There is not enough information here for anyone to answer you. You would need to state your mail account type, its connection type, and whether you are set to work Offline. Also include your Outlook v...

Prohibit Automatic Record Update when focussing between Forms
I have created a Form containing a SUBFORM. I would like to prohibit, that the Recordset is automatically updated, when the Focus is changing between the Forms. The BeforeUpdate does not work, because I cannot distinguish if I initiated an Update by myself or by the Focus procedure. How can I do that? Michael wrote: > I have created a Form containing a SUBFORM. I would like to prohibit, > that the Recordset is automatically updated, when the Focus is > changing between the Forms. > The BeforeUpdate does not work, because I cannot distinguish if I > initiated an Update by my...

windows live mail
unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. Is the spelling being checked as you type? Alt + T, Options, Spelling, ..... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Paul Baxter" <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40856CC5-4157-41C7-8FCD-63088A1543C0@microsoft.com... > unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:01:01 -0800, Paul Baxter <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. You don't...

Save as Pub 2000 by default
Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default. Such as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document without having to select save as a pub 2000. If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as a default you are going to get. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6FE6CA-6DDA-4E...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

save as html #2
Hello, Is there any way, or a macro, that will allow me to save a worksheet in Office XP as HTML without using style tags (like office 97). I don't need, or want, excel to do CSS for me. Thanks, Woody I think that you may find it less frustrating to just create the table Frontpage or other html editor than trying to convert an Excel sheet to html. At least, that has been my experience. -- Ron Port Dover Ontario "Lynwood Dunseith" <news@circusmonkeys.com> wrote in message news:20031112165703984-0600@news-server.houston.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there any way...

Outlook Connector
Hi, I have just installed the latest version of outlook connector (12.1) to use with my Windows live account on Outlook 2003. on a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. I have the following error when trying to receive e-mail from my Yahoo account as well as the hotmail account. Task 'Yahoo -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'Yahoo -Receiving Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Failed. An object could not be found Task 'myname @ hotmail -Sending' Reported error (0x8004010F): The operation Fai...

Cannot send mail to a disabled AD account
I created a new AD account which I disabled. This account has a mailbox. I want to give 4 other user accounts the rights to recieve and send mail from this account but it is not working. When I try to send email to it I get an NDR ... Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test #3 Sent: 6/20/2005 1:22 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gratitude on 6/20/2005 3:07 PM This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that f...

E-Mail Templates in Outlook 2003
Hi All, Is there a way that we can personalise email templates in Outlook 2003? For example, in the e-mail template we want to have "Dear person'sname" rather than addressing everyone in the same way "Dear pariticpant". If there isnt a way, could anyone recommend how they are working around this issue? this is a really important feature that we require. Will outlook 2007 support personalised email templates? thankyou, Maria K. you need to use mail merge. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

How to Hide My Main e-Mail Address in Outlook 2003?
I have several different e-mail addresses. Let's say my main e-mail address is me1@myhome.com. When I go to send an e-mail I want to use a different address of metoo@myhome.com. So I display the From field and choose the metoo@myhome.com. However, the recipient sees this in their header: "Me at My House [mailto:me1@myhome.com] On Behalf Of metoo@myhome.com" I don't want my main address to appear on their end. How can I hide it from the reader? Thanks in advance for your reply! Spudy Spudy, you wrote on Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:23:56 -0700: > I have several different e-ma...

"InfoPath information ... ported automatically into Microsoft CRM 3.0"
According to the sales literature, "Automate business processes. With Microsoft CRM 3.0, a business can quickly capture and organize data that formerly was lost or disorganized upon arrival. Use Microsoft Office InfoPath information gathering program to create forms for entering data about a particular sale or customer service. This information is ported automatically into Microsoft CRM 3.0 where it is instantly available as part of the customer's record of business. The Microsoft InfoPath form also can be adapted to a Microsoft Windows Tablet PC device to collect to importan...

Why doesn't my e-mail go when I hit send?
I can send Reply or Forward messages but when I create a new message it will not send. What am I doing wrong. I'm a senior citizen and new to computers. If you could give me step by step instructions, that would be very helpful. Thanks so much. Could it be that you have another account configured that is set as the default and is not configured properly? Check in Tools-> Account Settings... Additional solutions for send/receive issues can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sendreceiveerrors.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configur...

Save as Template
I have a workbook which I would like to save as a template but can't find how to do this in Excel 2007. Can anyone help, please? Office Button Save As Save As panel launches Give you file a file name in the:- File name: - field. In the:- Save as type: - field change it to read:- Excel Template Hit Save. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "janey" wrote: > I have a workbook which I would like to save as a template but can't find > how to do this in Excel 2007. Can anyone help, please? ...

I D like to recover my old e mail addresses from net zero
How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the upgrade from outlool express to Windows Mail Hi, Nestor. What does NetZero support say when you ask them? This has NOTHING to do with the upgrade from OE to WM. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Nestor Lozada" wrote in message news:eMD6rSCULHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the u...

Outlook does not receive mail
I use Outlook 2003 on Win XP Pro. Everything was working fine till 10 days ago. I could both send and receive. I have two mail accounts set up. I connect wirelessly by GPRS via Bluetooth.Then suddenly I started to receive error messages 0x800CCC92. The servers can't authenticate my user name and password. Both mail accounts can be accessed normally by webmail through my IE6 browser. I then switch to Outlook Express 6 and one account works fine but the other one still can't receive or send. So I changed the smtp server name with a new one given to me by my ISP. Now it can send bu...

How to view videos from e-mail
I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ones I can't open give me this message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set association control panel." Does any one know how to fix that. Thank You I would suggest that you have not got the software on your computer. Eg 'Real Player', 'Windows Media Player' etc.etc. "Daddygetalong" wrote: > I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ...

Outlook saved mail
Saved mail keeps disappearing frm my folders. How do I correct? ...

Why is "send to mail recipient as attachment" greyed out in excel
I cannot send emails from excel because the send to mail recipient as an attachment is greyed out. Start with this Paul http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "PAUL_C" <PAUL_C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9C8660-496B-42AA-B5A4-9263900F2C94@microsoft.com... >I cannot send emails from excel because the send to mail recipient as an > attachment is greyed out. > ...

Automatically create bookmarks between the occurrence of user-defined style.
Dear Experts: I got a document where the user-defined Paragraph Style (Style_User_Defined) occurs between 2 and n-times. I now would like to be able to automatically create bookmarks (naming convention: bookmark_1 till bookmark_n) between these occurrences of this user-defined style. To be more precise: Bookmark_1: Spans from FIRST occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately preceding the SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined'. Bookmark_2: Spans from SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately pr...

Have saved over excel worksheet
I was working on a new document. I pushed Save As. Somehow I managed to select my worksheet that I use as a database and saved over it. I then closed Excel. I didn't realise what I had done until after I had closed the document and tried to open my worksheet I use as a database. How do I recover the old version of my worksheet? Please help!!! This is one of those times that it is my sad duty to be the bearer of probably even sadder tidings: Having saved over a file, that original file is gone. Hopefully you routinely make backups of critical files and can recover from tha...

Routing Recepient mail failure
My routing work okay with the first person but then next person couldn't send it to the next person because he got this mail failure error. What is going on with it? ...