Automatically connect on Send/Receive (ADSL)

Hi,

I use ADSL for Internet connection but I don't want to be online all the
time.

I'd like Outlook to automatically connect and disconnect on
Tools-Send/Receive-...
I had it working on my previous computer with Outlook 2002 (I'm sure).
What to do in Outlook 2003 ... ?

--
Mvg, Frans

0
fhvzelm (53)

Same problem "F H V Z" .. I just posted my question and realize you are
asking the same question.  Look forward to replies for your sake and for mine.
--
Susan P Heder

"F.H. van Zelm" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use ADSL for Internet connection but I don't want to be online all the
> time.
>
> I'd like Outlook to automatically connect and disconnect on
> Tools-Send/Receive-...
> I had it working on my previous computer with Outlook 2002 (I'm sure).
> What to do in Outlook 2003 ... ?
>
> --
> Mvg, Frans

0
Susan (148)

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the rem
Hi, I have this problem of title. I am importing of 176.922 itens from Lead entity with external in the my application(Web Service). But, with 1% in the import, a equal error the title in my Internet Explore. A help for me? Thanks. This can be a problem when making a lot of web service calls. Try adding the registry values as suggested in the following article: http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Henrique Drumond" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this problem of title....

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Automatic CC

Problem in Received Mail
Hi All, I received an Email in MS outlook then Tracked it to CRM, now this is an Closed Activity and I see it in "My Closed Activity" and a problem: 1- Why this Closed Activity remained in My "In Progress" Queue and how can I remove it from Queue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi ...

Outlook 2003 Not Connecting Over VPN with Windows 7
Just set up a Windows 7 notebook with OUtlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. All current service packs are installed. When the notebookd is connected locally, outlook connects to exchange and works perfectly. When I connect through a VPN tunnel I can browse any shares on the same server that exchange is on, but Outlook cannot connect. The same account works fine on an XP machine. A VPN tunnel is the only option for connecting with this machine when it is outside the company. Any suggestions for fixing? Thanks Try changing Outlook's logon network authentication ...

Automatic axis format

Outlook 2002-sp2
Unable to get email working. Problem started 3 weeks ago. Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I uninstalled and reinstalled outlook but to no avail. ISP (DSL Extreme) has also run out of ideas. Computer accesses internet throught Linksys router BEFSR41 ver.2, at default settings. Other computers with outlook and outlook express email work fine. Help! John >-----Origin...

How can I connect to correct instance
I have multiple instances of my exe each connected to a different database - Dev, Test, Prod etc. Using GetObject from Outlook or test scripts I want to connect to a specific instance to exchange data with one of these databases. How can I identify each instance so it is exposed to GetObject in my script. Forgot to add using VC++ 6.0 and MFC Perhaps you want to expose a COM object which returns something which tells you what instance you want. OR You can try posting a custom message which returns some value which helps you decide the same. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

"tcp/ip connection unexpectedly terminated by server"
i've been getting this message when i try to send and receive emails on outlook along with error number Ox800cccOf. can anyone help me fix this problem? ...

is there a way to send out an email at a prescheduled time?
Say today I have written an email to congratulate somebody for a certain future event -- such as giving baby, etc... Is there a way to time my email? Thanks a lot! click on Options when composing the message - depending on your version and account type, the message will be sent at the time specified. Test it first to see how it works with your combination. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:/...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...