Automatic Switching between Exchange/POP3

How do I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically change
accounts from POP3 to Exchange when I am sending an
email?  Outlook XP never had trouble with this but with
2003 I have to manually choose the account to send the
email by.
0
anonymous (74718)

No version of Outlook "automatically changed" - you always had to manually
change the sending account.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Matt asked:

| How do I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically change
| accounts from POP3 to Exchange when I am sending an
| email?  Outlook XP never had trouble with this but with
| 2003 I have to manually choose the account to send the
| email by.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/24/2004 2:40:02 AM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote:

> No version of Outlook "automatically changed" - you always had to
> manually change the sending account.

I seem to recall Outlook 2000 "automatically" using the receiving account
when replying, but Outlook 2003 always using the default account (or maybe
it was the other way around, it's been too long since I used OL 2000 and I
always specify my account when replying with OL 2003).
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Exchange 2000 SP3 updates ans security patches
I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pack 3) running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. What is the best way of checking for missing security patches and updates? Would it be enough if I run MBSA 2.0 and rely on it only? MBSA is not showing any patches/updates missing however the above build number seems to me a lillte old comparing to those I saw when researching the web about Exchange 2000. Does the updates not change the build number? Thank you. "mtler" <mtler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pa...

Automatic CC

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...

Exchange 2007 forest prep
Exchange 2007 The services refuse to start unless the Exchange Server security group is part of the Domain Admins group. I get many errors but all seem to be centered around the MSExchange ADAccess service. I am sure it is not normal to have all the Exchange server part of the Domain Admins group. So this leads me to believe I am missing security somewhere. I setup a new GPO on the Domain Controller OU, to allow "Exchange Server" the Manage Audit and Security logs as described in step 5 here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919089 .. But that did not help. I did not go attempt...

Outlook 2003, POP3 mail
Hi Peop's Ref. Outlook 2003 POP3 I've recently started to get a random problem with mails sent as HTML such as newsletters, they display as follows, it does not happen all the time from a given source!. I have checked all PST's with the fix pst tool. e.g. HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_news.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_world.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_rec_logoclass.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct&pPageID=1115&so...

Automatic axis format

Can't Remove Exchange 2000 Server under new 2003 Admin Group
Recently installed a new Server 2003 as DC and also an Exchange 2003 on same machine. Migrated from 2000 DC with Exchange 2000. Followed all procedures as documented. Demoted old 2000 DC and promoted new 2003 DC. All mailboxes, gobal address books, RUS, connectors, public folders, etc. were migrated successfully. I now have in my Exchange Manager two Exchange Servers, the 2000 and 2003. I need to remove the 2000. I can't delete it from the 2003 DC because there is still a system mailbox and I get an error saying there are still mailboxes. I know that I need to remove the Exch...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Outlook 2002-sp2
Unable to get email working. Problem started 3 weeks ago. Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I uninstalled and reinstalled outlook but to no avail. ISP (DSL Extreme) has also run out of ideas. Computer accesses internet throught Linksys router BEFSR41 ver.2, at default settings. Other computers with outlook and outlook express email work fine. Help! John >-----Origin...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Exchange 5.5 services trouble
Thanks to all, who helps me with my problem. I accomplish all the stages and it works now. But then I found an interesting article on MS knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q163686/ <cite> What to Do If the Service Account Is Deleted .... The only recommended solution to this problem is to restore the Windows NT Security Accounts Manager (SAM) database from a recent backup. This restores the deleted service account with its original SID value and all of the Exchange Server services can start. If a backup of the SAM database is not available, the only other alternati...

Mailboxes are not created in the exchange servers
we have two Windows 2003 Enterprise DC's. Exchange server 2003 was installed on one of the DC's and it was working fine. We have installed exchange server 2003 on the second DC inorder to transfer all the mail boxes from the first DC (where exchange server was running perfectly) to second DC. Now when we create users it is showing whether to create mail box for the user, but it is not creating mail box on either of the exchange servers. The existing mail boxes on the first DC is working fine. We want all the mailboxes shifted to the second DC and it must be able to work fin...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Need Help With ADC and Exchange 2003 !!!
Hello Everyone: I really need some help. Upgrading to Exchange 2003 from NT 4.0 this morning failed. I reasearched the 2 reasons logged in event logs and corrected the issues. I ran setup with the /removeorg switch so I could do the reinstall and it's been all uphill since then. I rebuilt the box with a different name to house exchange just to ensure it was a fresh build and wouldn't create any problems. Reinstalled the ADC and ran the wizard. Now have 2 CA's one for each server name. Don't know if this matters. I tried to run forestprep again from the exchange box and...

Exchange IIS Problem
Hi folks I have a windows 2000 server which has been happily running exchange 2000 for over 2 years now. I came in today after a week off on holiday to find that POP3 was not responding the way it should so i went to restart the IIS Admin Service thinking that it would restart all the other exchange services However, when I attempted this I got an error 1053 saying that the IIS Admin service had failed to respond in a timely fashion I have also noticed that the MS Exchange information store service remains in 'Stopping' mode instead of restarting The server in question is also run...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...