Automatic "Mark as read" for 1 folder?

I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2).  I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to
automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder.

Is there some way I can create a rule that when a message goes into the Qurb
folder it is automatically marked as read?

"T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2).  I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to
> automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb"
folder.

> Is there some way I can create a rule that when a message goes into the
Qurb
> folder it is automatically marked as read?

Never mind - I just found that's one of the options in Qurb.

Duh.

IMAP Sent Items
I have a rule that copies my outgoing emails to my IMAP Sent items folder. The messages show up as unread. What rule do I need to mark these automatically as read if it is possible in O2003? In Outlook 2003 Rules Wizard, there is an option to "mark it as read". Please look through all the available rules to select this option. 1.On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard. 2.Click New, and then click "Start from a blank rule". 3.Specify the condition for the messages that you want marked as read and then click Next. 4.Click to select the "Mark it as Read" check ...

Rules to Mark as Read only at Weekends
Is it possible to create a rule that will mark all your Mails as read, but only during weekend days? I know you can specify dates, but I'm looking for just the two weekend days for each week. I'm using Outlook 2003 on this PC Thanks Sean <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is it possible to create a rule that will mark all your Mails as read, > but only during weekend days? The best you can do it to turn on the rule Friday evening or Saturday morning, and turn it off again on Sunday evening or Monday morning. -- Brian Tillman ...

Desktop Alert / Delete / Mark as Read
With the Desktop Alert feature in Outlook 2003 there are several options you can perform on the message--open, flag, delete, and from the drop down arrow you can also mark as read. Is there a way to delete AND mark as read? I have the same problem... I would like to be able to delete mails via the desktop message, but how can I automaticly mark them as read, when, or before, they reach the "Deleted" folder /Munck, Denmark ...

Rule Not Working (Move and Mark as Read)
Using Outlook 2002 and Exchange Server. I deleted all rules and I've created a rule that moves messages with the word "Read" in the subject to a folder called "Read Receipts", then mark it as read. Unfortunately, my rule moves the messages to the "Read Receipts" folder however it never marks them as read. Is this because it is a client only rule? Please help as this is very annoying. Thanks! Does it mark them read if it’s the only action in the rule? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without manually marking it? Kevin <kwdavids@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9ff2c677-d7f3-4521-95ff-737b6b3e2394@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook > 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. > > How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without > manually marking it? Tools - Options - Ot...

Deleted Items
Hi there. I want to let messages unread that I keep (so I leave any "automatically mark message as read" option off)... yet I'd like to delete messages from my Inbox and have them get marked as "read" in the Deleted Items folder. Any add-in's that would handle this? Alex Alex Calder <helispot98@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to let messages unread that I keep (so I leave any > "automatically mark message as read" option off)... yet I'd like to > delete messages from my Inbox and have them get marked as "read" in > the...

Automatic "Mark as Read"
Is there a way to set the length of time that I can view a message in the preview pane iwthout it being automatically changed to "Read" when I click to another message? Thanks! Optiker CR Optiker <optiker_crb@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set the length of time that I can view a message in > the preview pane iwthout it being automatically changed to "Read" > when I click to another message? Certainly, but you'll have to state your version of Outlook for a definitive answer. -- Brian Tillman On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:49:17 -0400, Brian Tillma...

Don't mark as read?!?
I have a shared email account through exchange 2000 that is accessed through Outlook 2000. When I get new mail it is bold (meaning it's unread), however when I click on the message onece it unbolds and goes as read. I only want it to mark it as read if I double click and open the email. Is there anyway to change this feature to actually opening the email only instead of just (single click) selecting it, in order to mark as unread? Tools->Options->Other->Advanced=>Preview Pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Public Folder Emails dont change to 'MARK AS READ'
hi, For mails in public folders, when we 1)read for over X secs or 2) open it; it is still being marked as unread in bold. (not unless we manually right click and mark as read) Is there a way to ensure it will get marked as READ if we open it, reply to it? many thanks alan just to edit, even if we right click and mark as READ, it will still remain unread any advice, seems like a permission issue? any comments? "Alan" <alanlwk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23oRYCWSSGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > > For mails in public folders, when we 1)r...

Outlook & IMAP : Automatically mark as read ?
Hi all ! I use Outlook (2000, SP3) configured for Internet MAil Only. I changed my account from POP to IMAP recently. I have checked the option to mark messages as read as soon as they appear in the preview pane, but it does nothing at all. It worked great when I used POP3, but it does not work when I use IMAP. Does someone have a fix for that ? Thanks ! ...

Emails won't mark as read in public folder
Recently I have found at a client site that a public folder which is mail enabled and receiving orders for a client won't allow any user to mark the mail as read, it all remains as unread. The setting for "Maintain per-user read and unread information for this folder" is unchecked as several users monitor the folder and need to know when mail has been looked at. When I check this box each user can mark mail as read, turn it back on and it all goes back to unread. I have noticed that there is several such posting on other forums but each one doesn't contain a solution. Would...

Automatic "Mark as read" for 1 folder?
I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. Is there some way I can create a rule that when a message goes into the Qurb folder it is automatically marked as read? "T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23dX0GakSEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to > automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. > > Is there some way I can create...

Re: Emails won't mark as read in public folder
Support-Call answer from Microsoft: Is there a way to have a public folder keep track of Marked as read messages for all users viewing that folder. - example: if 1 user marks a message as read, it will mark it as read for any user looking at that PF message 1. This in not a functionality provided and is by design. 2. It may be possible to write an event sink script. Basically - if the Read/Unread processing is turned off for a folder (checkbox unchecked in 2000 or the PR_DISABLE_PERUSER_READ PTag is set to True) then you will see that any messages going into that folder are always UNREAD. ...

I have for years chosen the option to mark my email messages as read as soon as I click on them in the preview window. I have not changed my settings, but the last couple of days, Outlook 2000 has stopped marking them. I have to double click the message to open it in a new window before it will mark it as read. The problem seems to resolve itself after I reboot; however, after a while, it goes back to "fogetting" to mark them. Any ideas what could be causing the problem? Thanks! =20 OLEXP: Messages Are Not Marked as Read after Previewing=20 (219279) -----------------------...

I am using outlook 2003 on winxp pro machine I have some vba coding that I use to strip the attachments off my email and place them into a specific folder. This is running fine, but I would like to fine-tune it a bit. Not sure how to do it and cannot find anything in my 2003 outlook vba book or when I google it, so here I am again. Here is my question Can I mark these emails as having been read during/after I have stripped the attachment off of them. They have never been clicked on so they never get marked as having been read which can become a bit confusing when the number of e...

I share a mailbox in our Exchange Server 2003. Wen one of the users access to a that mailbox a an open a mail, this mail is marked as read for all the users that access to this mailbox. Is this right?. Is possible that only mark as read for the user that really read the mail an for the other user remain marked as not read? Thank you very much Yes this is correct, and unfortunatly Outlook cannot be configured to only mark read for certain users. I can only recomend that the user sets the message status as unread. Or get users to flag the message if it has been delt with. Regards -- ...

How can I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically display new mails "as read" some seconds after they were marked in the list and visible in the preview pane? Thanks, Sven Tools->options->other->reading pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sven Berg asked: | How can I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically display new mails | "as read" some seconds after they were marked in the list ...

I'm using Outlook 2000 and was wondering if it is possible to mark a message as read after it has been clicked on for x # of seconds? I read all of my emails at the bottm of the split window not by opening them??? I'm not 100% sure since it's been a while since I used OL2000 but see if the options are here: Tools menu > Options > Other tab > Click Preview Pane "HotRod" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message news:%23KLYTZ5FGHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2000 and was wondering if it is possible to mark a > message as...

I have defined two rules per the work around because of a bug; For e-mails that are not from people in my address book Rule Number 1: Mark them as read and clear message flag Rule Number 2: Move them to the Junk folder But, they are still marked as unread and the message flag is not cleared. They are, however, moved. The rules are in the right order (I triple checked them). If I run just the Rule Number 1, they are marked as read and the message flag is cleared. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Outlook2003 Mark as read when deleted
Whenever we delete emails while they are strill bolded in the inbox they remain bolded in the deleted items folder, whereas in Office XP they were marked as read when they were deleted. Any suggestions/settings I can change. Paul Paul <kristypaul20012@hotmail.com> wrote: > Whenever we delete emails while they are strill bolded in the inbox > they remain bolded in the deleted items folder, whereas in Office XP > they were marked as read when they were deleted. Any > suggestions/settings I can change. If there were marked as read under OL 2002, then perhaps you had the pr...

Rule to move (not copy) and mark as read (again)
1. I don't want to maintain a message copy in "sent," just in rule specifiied folder. Can I create a rule to 'move' instead of copy sent messages? 2. Repeating Tim's 8/15 post... sent messages are better saved as "read." Is there a way to do this? Outlook 2002 1) no, not at the time of sending. You can run rules later and move them or use the option to save items in the folder with the original item - tools, options, email options, advanced 2) sent messages are not normally marked as 'not read' - they are marked 'read'. Not sure...

Per User "Mark as Read"
We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address, share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason. Is there a way that each user can have his own read status? We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1 Thanx. ...

Outlook 07: how to make rule to mark as read?
Hi folks, I have several accounts under Outlook 07. One is an exchange account and the rest are pop3. I have various rules set up for each account for outgoing messages to be copied to my inbox then filed in various folders according to subject matter. As they are outgoing emails I want them to be marked as read - but how? Obviously I've searched the net for "custom action mark as read outlook" but I can't seem to find anything for Outlook versions later than 2000. I have no C++ experience so wouldn't know how to begin writing such a thing myself. So ....

Clear Message Flag and Mark as Read not working
I've created a series of rules to get rid of the spam I've been getting. I have two rules, one moves certain e-mails to the junk e-mail folder and another that certain e-mails to the deleted folder (to be permanently deleted when I'm sure it works right). I also wanted the rules to clear the message flag and mark the e-mails as read but these don't seem to be working. The e-mails are being moved just fine. Any ideas? Outlook 2002. Thanks You need to clear the flags and mark as read before moving the message - do it using a rule that is ahead of the one that move...

Rules Wizard: Moving sent messages, mark as read
Hello, I've set up a rule using the rules wizard to copy messages I send to certain people to a specific folder. The rule works in that it copies the email to the proper folder. Unfortunately, it marks the message as unread. Any way to mark the message as read? I don't see this as an option in the wizard. Does it require writing and registering a custom action? I'm running Outlook 2K, on Win2K. Thanks in advance, Tim ...