Automatic mail retrieval w/Outlook 2003

Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail on
startup?  I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3, but can't
figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it up.  I have to
manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option to automatically
check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start outlook.  I'm on an
always on cable connection, so I'm always connected when I run OL2K3.

I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be in
Outlook, but where?

0
fdredchi1 (4)

If you have a polling interval set in your Send/Receive Group (that is,
check for new mail every XX minutes), it should poll on startup as well.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:uhOchShsDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Guess Who wrote:

> Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail
> on startup?  I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3,
> but can't figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it
> up.  I have to manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option
> to automatically check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start
> outlook.  I'm on an always on cable connection, so I'm always
> connected when I run OL2K3.
>
> I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be
> in Outlook, but where?

Thanks.  I had this turned off.  I turned it on and it works.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:uLl2$cisDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> If you have a polling interval set in your Send/Receive Group (that is,
> check for new mail every XX minutes), it should poll on startup as well.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:uhOchShsDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> Guess Who wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail
> > on startup?  I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3,
> > but can't figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it
> > up.  I have to manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option
> > to automatically check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start
> > outlook.  I'm on an always on cable connection, so I'm always
> > connected when I run OL2K3.
> >
> > I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be
> > in Outlook, but where?

0
fdredchi1 (4)

VC++ 2003 MFC used with VC 2005 Express?
I'm currently using VC++ 2003 to develop a MFC based program. At some point I may wish to move to VC++ 2005 Express edition but as I understand it this does not come supplied with MFC. Is it possible for me to install VC++ 2005 Express edition and make it use the MFC that came supplied with my VC++ 2003 ? If so, how do I configure it to do so? If this IS possible, am I likely to run into any compatability problems with other components of 2005 Express? cbdeja@my-deja.com wrote: > I'm currently using VC++ 2003 to develop a MFC based program. > > At some point I may wish ...

retrieve pst from edb
How can I export pst files from priv1.edb when the mailstore is offline? -- Mike On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:19:13 -0400, "Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyDONTDOIT@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote: >How can I export pst files from priv1.edb when the mailstore is offline? With 3rd party products such as http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ and Quest etc... only by using something like Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange... "Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyDONTDOIT@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9jRWSndFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Is there a rule to delete a domain from mail server?
Greetings. Is there a rule format to delete all mail from specific junk mail domains in OL 2000 &/or OE 6? Instead of trying to nail all the names from junk domains, I would like to just delete anything from those domains themselves. Thanks for your help. Outlook does no support delete from server, OE might. For best results use a program such as mailwasher. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google....

Outlook 2007 sent mail now showing properly in other mail clients
Being a happy outlook 2003 user I just upgraded to outlook 2007. But I'm experiencing some strange problems which I was hoping someone could clarify... E.g. I send following mail to a Gmail account : Line1 Line2 Line3 When I view the mail via Gmail's web interface I get : Line1 Line2 Line3 As you can see extra lines are inserted after each hard return. Outlook 2003 does not have this problem. Everything looks fine when I view the sent mail from within O2007, but Gmail does not show it correctly anymore. Similarly, a O2007 sent mail containing a bulleted list viewed in Gmail ...

Exporting Contacts
Exporting the address infomration does not record which address is the mailing address... Any way arround this? BK ...

Automatic CC

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

embedded pictures in Outlook 2002 (sp3) not displayed
Does anyone know why the embedded pictures in received email messages do not appear? Instead, an icon with a small red square, green circle and blue triangle appears. Thanks Sparky Are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sparky asked: | Does anyone know why the embedded pictures in received email messages | do not appear? ...

When start Outlook, it doesn't prompt for the password for PST file.
How to get the "Password for Personal Folder Dialog Box" to appear when Outlook starts. ...

Automatic axis format

Outlook 2003, POP3 mail
Hi Peop's Ref. Outlook 2003 POP3 I've recently started to get a random problem with mails sent as HTML such as newsletters, they display as follows, it does not happen all the time from a given source!. I have checked all PST's with the fix pst tool. e.g. HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_news.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_my_world.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/hmv_rec_logoclass.gif" HYPERLINK "http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?ct&pPageID=1115&so...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Outlook 2002-sp2
Unable to get email working. Problem started 3 weeks ago. Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I uninstalled and reinstalled outlook but to no avail. ISP (DSL Extreme) has also run out of ideas. Computer accesses internet throught Linksys router BEFSR41 ver.2, at default settings. Other computers with outlook and outlook express email work fine. Help! John >-----Origin...

alternative application to Windows Live Mail?
Hey folks, can someone recommend me a 'mail client' application that will work with my free hotmail live account in any of pop3 or imap protocol,.. besides Windows Live Mail?... I can't use this application because it's minimal requirements are twice the RAM and a faster processor than what I have on my old box... I've tried some 6-7 applications that should supposedly make Outlook Express access my hotmail free account but none have worked, so I hope someone has solved this little problem. Thing is, I could cancel that account and move on to another mail pro...

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...