Automatic import - command lines

Hi,

Do you know a command line to import data from files ?
I just want to do an automatic import from a dbf file every day without any
intervention from a user.
Is it possible ?

Thx

0
personne1 (5)

I don't think there's a command line for it. You'd either have to write code
that uses the API to do what you want or use a button-pressing script to do
what you want.

"news.microsoft.com" <personne@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Do you know a command line to import data from files ?
> I just want to do an automatic import from a dbf file every day without
> any intervention from a user.
> Is it possible ?

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/20/2006 11:42:04 AM
"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> a �crit dans le message
de news: %23JpweNBTGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I don't think there's a command line for it. You'd either have to write
>code that uses the API to do what you want or use a button-pressing script
>to do what you want.
>
> "news.microsoft.com" <personne@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do you know a command line to import data from files ?
>> I just want to do an automatic import from a dbf file every day without
>> any intervention from a user.
>> Is it possible ?

Thank you for the response.
Could you tell me more about the button-pressing script ? (how to create,
etc)

The real problem is how to "synchronise" a .dbf file with a .pst file.
We use agenda Act (.dbf) but we have to synchronise the phone with Outlook.
How to update automaticly Outlook (pst) from Act (dbf) ?

Thanx again.

0
personne1 (5)
3/20/2006 12:37:08 PM
You need to use a language like WinBatch, AutoIt, etc that can automatically
send keystrokes to an application then figure out the necessary steps to do
the task you want.

"Rosalie Mignon" <personne@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for the response.
> Could you tell me more about the button-pressing script ? (how to create,
> etc)
>
> The real problem is how to "synchronise" a .dbf file with a .pst file.
> We use agenda Act (.dbf) but we have to synchronise the phone with
> Outlook.
> How to update automaticly Outlook (pst) from Act (dbf) ?

0
vince8328 (2733)

Macro with line graph
Dear, I have huge data with different headers. I want to plot a single line graph linked with a validation with the list of all the headers. The data in the line graph should reflect only the selected header among the list. For example, In the below example i should have a button command with the validation list of all the three headers below apples, oranges and grapes. By selecting oranges in the list, the line graph should pick only the data from colA and colC.. like wise ColA ColB ColC Cold Row1 Time Apples Oranges Grapes Row2 12:00 ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

msg:"name of imported entity already exists" should contain name
When I import an XML file that includes several modifications like entity renamings(should be ported back to an older setup status), the following error occured: "The name of the imported entity already exists. Please specify another name". It would be more easier to find what entity or attribute can not be added/renamed if there would be a way to configure the system for getting more detailed error information (what entity/ what attribute affected). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Number with dash is importing as date
An Excel spreadsheet is being exported from a SQL database that I cannot change, so I need to accomplish this in Excel. Sometimes, some of the many numbers contain a dash which Excel then interprets as a date. I can remove the dash programatically, but the number is not correct afterwards. For example, the number imported is 05-9078 which is displayed in Excel as May-78, but is actually stored as 5/1/9078. Changing the cell format to number or text gives me 2621833. I need to be able to add to my macro something that will give me back the original number so that I can remo...

import into public calendar from MOM ?
We would like to import a schedule from MOM into a public calendar on Exchange (2003). does anyone know of a utility or script ? thanks, On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:29:01 -0700, dbaguru <dbaguru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We would like to import a schedule from MOM into a public calendar on >Exchange (2003). does anyone know of a utility or script ? > >thanks, From MOM? What schedule is this? I guess the correct term is "Notification Workflow", of which is the "Subscription Management System" handles the schedule. see: http://www.microsoft.c...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Always Show Overtime Lines on Timesheet
Using MSPS2007. Is there a way to default the timesheet to always show the overtime rows so that you do not have to use the menu? Gary -- No, there is no default way to force the Overtime rows whenever a user creates a new Timesheet. Users need to display the Overtime rows after they create their Timesheet. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Gary Zag" <GaryZag@discussions.microsoft.com&...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

How do I import a plain text file into a word worksheet?
I am using Word 2003. How do I import a plain text file into a data worksheet? If the text file is delimited into records using a particular character - see http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm and jump in where your text file matches the illustrations. If not, then explain exactly what you have and what you want to do with it. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&g...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

Import Trouble
I had imported a spreadsheet (done by a previous employee) into Access. However, I was informed that the table structure in Access was not functional. The spreadsheet looked like this (but the months go back for two years): GGP Customer Name July Revenue July GP August Revenue August GP So I adjusted my table to be as follows: GGP Customer Date Revenue GP However, now I have two years worth of data that I need to get into the new table structure. So importing doesn't work. I've played around with an Append Query but the only thing I got to populate was GGP,...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...