Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book

Hi
is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i
send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book?
regards
gabriel

The former no one would ever want.
For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add
recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned
IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address
of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code:

http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ggs" <truthnospam@icon.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi
> is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom
> i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book?
> regards
> gabriel

0
russval (3097)

Automatic CC

Exporting Contacts
Exporting the address infomration does not record which address is the mailing address... Any way arround this? BK ...

Address Name on Contact and Account Entities
WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up with a good reason why it was deployed the way it is. Thanks Chris you might want to call one addres the contact's "Vacation" address or their "Home" or "Cottage" pretty weak, but that the best example I can come up with! Dave Ireland. "Chris Treanor" <ChrisTreanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:351A37EA-3F21-413E-AF28-2862F74F15B7@microsoft.com... > WHat is the purpose of this field on both of the entities? I can't come up > wi...

Automatic axis format

Work Book Category Expanders
I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a workbook with these expanders. Much appreciated. Hi, Wendy. Try Data-->Subtotals (see http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm) or Data-->Group and outline. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microso...

Distribuiton list sending from worng e-mail address
I am using Outlook 2000 (its old but it works), it is not connected to an exchange server. Everytime I make a distribution list it use the wrong e-mail address for the sender address, but I don't get offered the opportunity to enter an e- mail address. I have two e-mail address setup in Outlook, one I use all the time and the other one which I use about twice every 6 months and to use it I have to go into Tools > Services to change profile if I want to send and receive from said e-mail address. So why is the distribution list sending from the wrong address?? Tim...

Security on New Email Address
I am getting some really dirty spam. I opened a new e-mail account hoping to use the old as a default for when anyone is on the internet so that I can keep the new one clean. When I open Outlook I don't want my email account to open automatically and if I am not there I don't want someone else to access it. However as soon as I open Outlook I am prompted to open my new account and unless I sign in my password I cannot receive mail for the old account, I get a mail error message. How can I keep my new mail private and let others access the other account automatically? Let's approac...

Update global address book not working!
Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last two days aren't appearing in the global address book in people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users Address book. Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is visable in the global address book. Thanks If you're running Outlook 2003 cached mode you're working off the offline address book, so start looking there. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Add contacts to Global
I am a parent trying to get our elementary school up to date. I want to add all the students in the school's CONTACTS (address, phone, email address, etc). They do use Exchange as I saw GLOBAL as an option at one of the teacher's pc. The principal would like me to do this. They outsource their computer technical work, so I am thinking I would need administrative access to add contacts to the global contacts, correct? Since I'm not a network person, but I do know a lot about Outlook, I need to know EXACTLY how to accomplish this and what info I need to find out from the...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Use Outlook to Administer the Global Address List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C56DCF.F8272520 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use Outlook 2003 to administer an Exchange 2003 Global = Address List? If yes, how. Thanks in advance. --=20 D. Lewis "Just trying to keep life simple." ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C56DCF.F8272520 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"&g...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...