Automated Rules

Does anyone know if a rule only pertains to the users
local folders?

eg

Shared folder "A" is accessible by users 1 through 50.
User 12 has his .pst as folder "B" and has folder "A" open
as well. He creates a rule where messages from foo@doo.com
get sent to user 20 through 21 into there local folder.

If the message from foo@doo.com is delivered to the "A"
box, does the rule apply to it, as well as to the "B"
folder? Or only to the "B" folder?

This is outlook 2000, on windows 2000.

Thanks
0
work4147 (1)

Rules apply to the foldertree that is set as the Outlook Today tree.

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Jon" <work@thereach.org> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if a rule only pertains to the users
> local folders?
>
> eg
>
> Shared folder "A" is accessible by users 1 through 50.
> User 12 has his .pst as folder "B" and has folder "A" open
> as well. He creates a rule where messages from foo@doo.com
> get sent to user 20 through 21 into there local folder.
>
> If the message from foo@doo.com is delivered to the "A"
> box, does the rule apply to it, as well as to the "B"
> folder? Or only to the "B" folder?
>
> This is outlook 2000, on windows 2000.
>
> Thanks

0
Roady

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Rules #5
Reference the Rule: Send any message CC:'d to me to a specific folder. (I am am using Office XP) I am trying to redirect my all messages to me CC: to a specific folder. However, I receive mail from email addresses that are forwarded to my ISP address. For example, my ISP address is cpugh01@comcast.net but my business address is cpugh@sbs.com , which is forwarded to my ISP. The rule to send all mail that is CC:'d to me to a specific folder does not work except for the real ISP address. How can I add cpugh@sbs.com as "me" so the rule will work? Or, make the rule work...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Upgraded to Outlook 2003 but rules is not working
Hi, We have recently upgraded our outlook emails to Outlook 2003. All the rules I had before was gone and did a new set of rules. My problem is, it's not doing what it suppose to do automatic when email arrives, I have to manually run the rules like moving a certain email to another folder when email arrives from a particular email. Is there a way I can get the automatic run rules back from our old outlook? Thanks in advance, Jay ...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Windows Live Mail Message Rules
I have two installations of Windows 7 one 32 bit Home Premium and one 64 bit Ultimate. I want to copy the message rules from the 32 bit installation to the 64 bit installation. They are on different drives. I have already gotten the messages, folders and contacts which seemed simple emough but I can't find the message rules. Where are they and how do I copy them from my 32 bit installation to my 64 bit installation? Rules are stored in the Registry.... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Rules If you are not adverse to working with the registry, you can e...

Outlook 2000 rules don't work
I have been trying to get the Outlook 2000 rules to work to filter keywords in the body of the email. I try to "Run Rule" and check th rule I wish to run against the Inbox and nothing happens. I have tried to "Mark email as Unread" and that has not worked. Any ideas... Also I downloaded the wallpapaer/stantionery and installed it and cannot find how to use it. Thanks, frankm I too am having a problem with this also. So far I have pinned it to the spam itself. It seems the filters will NOT search HTML text and to add to the problem most spammers have been breaking a ...

Rule Wizard #3
My company has a filter for all incoming messages that attaches a "Spam Assassin Report" to every message that it suspects to be spam. It works very well and catches 99% of my spam, so I would like to set up a rule that would send mail caught by this filter to a folder I call "spam". Here are the parameters: The filter attaches a 1KB document called "SpamAssassinReport.txt" to such messages. Is there a way to write a rule that would move every message with such an attachment to another folder? I can't send every message with an attachment to the spam f...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

Exchange Rules?
Ok folks, I am a webmaster, not an Exchange Admin; I am helping the Exchange (2003) admin with an upcoming situation, so please bear with me: We have an off-the-shelf Bulletin Board package that has the common feature of Mailing Lists to which users can subscribe. When a new post to a particular discussion thread occurs, the new post is sent to the subscribers' email address(es). When the system is implemented, each user will have 2 email addresses; 1 for a secured network, and one regular (public) email address, both of which will need to be contacted when new posts occur. T...

VLOOKUP
Thanks guys, I havn't tried it yet. I am still trying to understand i by reading. Does it give an exact match like vlookup -- grphillip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grphillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27486 The 3rd parameter in =match() corresponds to the 4th parm in =vlookup(). So you can specify an exact match if you want. From mzehr's post: =INDEX(ReturnValueRange,MATCH(LookupValue,MatchValueRange,0)) That 0 i...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

Rules: sent to Jane AND Sally AND Bob
The Outlook 2007 rules system allows one to define a rule for received mail that was sent to a group or list of people. But the rule ORs the names rather than ANDing them. I need to set a rule that applies when I receive a message that was sent to Jane AND Sally AND Bob. But I seem to only be able to set the rule for a meesage sent to Jane OR Sally OR Bob, which is exactly what I do NOT need. Thanks in advance for all suggestions. /Joel You can use this workaround for that; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/220 Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you can al...

How To Call Automation Methods with SAFEARRAY** [out]
I have a COM component has such interface: STDMETHOD(GetErrList)(SAFEARRAY** pALarr, SAFEARRAY** pVLarr); How can I consume it from MFC ? Thanks! First, add a new class to your project by using either Class Wizard (in VC6.0) or by right-clicking on the project in the class view. Select "Add Class". In the next dialog select "From Type Library". Select your COM library file. Click OK. This will generate a new MFC class that's derived from COleDispatchDriver. It will also have a set of methods implemented, that invoke your COM object methods. Use them at your ...

forwarding a message via rules
Hi, i am using an email which exchange manages. i am trying forward emails with a rule defined in outlook. the forwarding is working only for accounts inside our domain. does anyone has an idea how can i make it work for other addresses ? thanks "MCHummer" <MCHummer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE88596-9B7C-4A89-A0D4-959CC6CD0792@microsoft.com... > i am using an email which exchange manages. > i am trying forward emails with a rule defined in outlook. > the forwarding is working only for accounts inside our domain. > does anyone h...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

Automated Stock Allocation Automation
Hi I have to write a integration procedure that performs stock allocation to Back Orders on Great Plains. This can currently be done by using the eEnterprise application, but I was wondering if I can do it automatically using eConnect Thanks ...

Start Application rule with arguments?
I would like to start an application in a rule but I need to pass either the mail's subject or body as the argument to the application. Is there any way to do that without using a third-party component? ...

Automate Paste Special Values
Hi- I'm working on a ticketing spreadsheet with serial numbers in one column (derived from a formula). When I copy the serial number & paste it, I also copy the formula. Using paste special and selecting the values option I can get the serial number to paste into a cell without the formula. I also need this value to be placed in clipboard memory to I can use the value in an older windows program. Is there any way to run a macro, vba, etc. that will do this for me? Thanks in advance. I think I'd add the Paste|values icon to my favorite toolbar. tools|customize|Edit Category ...

Rule to forward e-mail but only between certain hours of the day
Is there anyway to get an Outlook rule in Exchange to forward e-mails received during certain hours of the day. E.g. only e-mails received at the weekend. Either using regular Exchange or with an add-in to Exchange. Ideally I would like the solution to forward only certain fields from the e-mail. Thanks. ...

How to automate backup
Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files? And the databases? Thanks Use SQL Server maintenance plans to backup your databases to a folder on your server and use any commercially available backup product such as BackupExec to backup the files. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent" wrote: > Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all > 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files...

Rules Wizard #3
I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out there???............... Check the rule settings. Make SURE that it says delete and not mark as unread. The rules are on, but what is the rule being told to do? >-----Original Message----- >I have both the Adult and Junk Mail rules on. Outlook >should delete each email upon receiving it, instead it >just un-highlights them. Any thoughts out >there???............... >. > ...