automated message returns

How do you setup automated message returns in Outlook and Outlook Express (for things like vacation)?  Is it through the program or through the internet provider?  Any info would be appreciated!
0
anonymous (74722)

For Outlook, if you are connecting to an Exchange Server you can use the Out
of Office Assistant for this purpose.  If you're a standalone user, you can
spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in
order for the rule to work, and of course the rule will reply to everyone,
even spammers.  Look here for more information:

http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:9F7CB3B9-B824-4C8A-BCF7-5D0A698864C0@microsoft.com,
rawley wrote:

> How do you setup automated message returns in Outlook and Outlook
> Express (for things like vacation)?  Is it through the program or
> through the internet provider?  Any info would be appreciated!

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

how to delete a partly transmitted message
I have a partly transmitted outgoing email message in outlook which includes eight photo attachments which appears to have jammed. How do I clear it? Place Outlook in Offline mode via File-> Work Offline. Restart Outlook and you should be able to delete it. For other solutions see; http:/www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers -----...

Not getting messages
Normally I use the msnews.microsoft.com as my news server. But today I had no new messages in this (microsoft.public.excel.misc) newsgroup; the latest one was at 1:15 pm yesterday. Other newsgroup (e.g ..... charting) are current. This occurs on two PC's. If I use the newsserver supplied by my ISP, then I get new messages. Is the problem mine or has it to do with the server I get msnews from? Thanks for any insight. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address Hi Bernard! The msnews server needed a healthy kick by Doug Hite of Microsoft. After that ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Multiple message stores

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

How to manually delete messages in OL 2002?
Using Outlook 2002 I cannot Send or Receive messages. I get ERROR Message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error." My Outlook may have too many messages in its various folders. If I need to manually delete some emails, how do I do it? Pressing the Delete Key only gives me the above ERROR message. Thanks, Try running ScanPST.EXE on your PST (Personal Folders) file. It might be damaged. "The Hun" <thehuninla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:da03bab8-2558-4e79-94b4-bfea4afa9749@e38g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > Using Outlook 2002 > >...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Messages hang in outrbox
Is anybody else having a problem when you compose a new email, it will stay in the outbox until you click on another folder. But when replying, it goes out right away.. I'm having the same/similar problem. I was just searching through recent posts to see if this is being addressed. The problems I am having are: 1. Messages without attachments are hanging in the outbox for an extended period of time; 2. Messages with attachments are hanging forever, and the only way I can delete them is to move them to Drafts and delete from there; 3. Often the message is sent but stays in italics ...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

Outlook crashes w/ Dr. Watson Event ID 4019 fowarding messages
A user is having a problem when he forwards emails to another user within my network. Outlook crashes with a Dr. Watson Event ID 4097: The application generated an application error. The exception generated was c0000005 at address 20202020. The user who gets the error is forwarding SPAM to another use that catalogs the messages for entry into our firewall. Up to 50 messages can be forwarded as attachments at one time. I haven't found anything concrete for a fix. Anyone have any advice? ...

rejecting ndr messages
hi it is possible to disable exchange server not to send ndr messages is it possible to make exchange server to reject ndr messages coming from remote side and not to deliver these to mailboxes? thanks On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:15:33 -0800, bulent <bulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi >it is possible to disable exchange server not to send ndr messages http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294757 "How to control non-delivery reports when you use Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003". > >is it possible to make exchange server to reject ndr ...

Public folder not deleting messages
I have exchange 2003 (after moving from 5.5) and a specific public folder is set to delete messages older than 3 days in the folder's properties. However this setting is ignored. Any ideas why? Worked fine on 5.5 My replication is turned off, because there is no other server to replicate to. Is this the reason? I've found, sometimes, that if messages older than the age limit are still present in the folder, it doesn't work. In other words, delete messages until you've only got messages 2 or less days old in that folder, then let the age limit play 'catch-up'...

Error message when entering a Spin-Off
I receive the message "This operation cannot be performed," after I entered all the information from a spin-off. In this case, it's Disney spinning-off Citadel, with a bit of cash left over. The steps I took were as follows: 1) Record a Spin-Off 2) Entered Disney in originating spin-off field and Citadel in New Company 3) I enter the spin-off date 4) I enter the number Citadel shares I receive for each Disney share (.0767) and I choose to have an adjusted cost basis for both companies 5) I choose to replace fractional shares with cash 6) I enter Citadel's stock price ...

Messages #4
Hy, when i try to archive my e-mail using Archive from the File Menu, no mails were been archived, tring to find on internet a solutions to this problem i read on an article that outlook work on the "age" of the messages to archive it, we have recently migrate from Domino to Exchange, and the "age" of the messages at maximus is 1 month, so my question is: If i select to archive all documents from a specified date no message are archived this thing is due to the recently "age" of the messages? I hope to explain my question so that you can understand it. Thanks a lo...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

Message Routing in Exchange 20003
We have a mixed mode operation and have just introduced a single Exchange 2003 server in to our exisiting X55 site. We do have a number of other X55 sites in the X55 organization. Messages bound for internet from any X55 site are passed on to another X55 site for onward transmission to the internet. After introducing the Exchange 2003 server, we have noticed that any message bound for internet, sent by a user hosted on the E2K3 box, is not routed directly to the X55 bridgehead responsible for rotuing the message to the internet. Instead it is routed to another X55 site, which is re...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

how do I disable the EULA message each time an Office app opens
Each time I open an office app,ie WORD, Excel; the EULA message to Accept or Decline appears and needs to be answered before the app opens. How does one stop this from coming up each time? ...

Flaged message on sent item doesn't pop up
When I flag a message with a due date in my Inbox, every thing works fine. When the date comes - the message pops up. When I do the same for messages that I send and are stored automatically in the 'Sent items' folder, I can see the flag on the left side of the msg subject, but it doesn't pop up on the desired date. It doesn't pop up at all. What can I do? ...

Missing messages
When my wife sends messages using Outlook Express on a uk XP computer using Russian fonts. Part of the message disapears. The only changes we've made recently are to upgrade to XP Service pack. your help will appreciated Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

hiding read messages in newsgtoups?
Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? Bob Using WLMail to read newsgroups, yes. On the Menu Bar: View | Show Or Hide........ Are you missing the Menu Bar? Click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bolb Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eIMvtEipKHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? > > Bob Thanks Bruce. I could not see the bar. ...

forwarding a message via rules
Hi, i am using an email which exchange manages. i am trying forward emails with a rule defined in outlook. the forwarding is working only for accounts inside our domain. does anyone has an idea how can i make it work for other addresses ? thanks "MCHummer" <MCHummer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE88596-9B7C-4A89-A0D4-959CC6CD0792@microsoft.com... > i am using an email which exchange manages. > i am trying forward emails with a rule defined in outlook. > the forwarding is working only for accounts inside our domain. > does anyone h...

FetchXML schema
Hi, I am trying to establish whether there is any way of using the Query object to return only a certain number of records from the CRM db. I have a a very simple app that either prompts a user for query conditions, or alternatively returns all objects from the specified entity (account/contact etc). The problem is that the db has upwards of 25,000 contacts, and the result set is huge. I cannot find anything in the FetchXML schema that suggests I can specifiy a number of records to return. If anyone can help me that would be great. Cheers Chris Hi Chris I havnt found a way to restric...