Autodelete rather than just COLOR junk mail??

I see there is an ORGANIZE tab in Outlook 2000 (using my exchange 5.5
server) for auto-coloring  "junk mail" and "adult" content.  This
results in a different color for spam and adult content and I can easily
specify any mail as spam or adult content I believe by right clicking.  But
what I
want to do is auto DELETE everything that's spam and adult content that I've
specified that way..  How do I do that without going through the laborious
process of setting up a rule
for every spam I get?

Also, I read that I could download the update to the spam list but I can't
find it at Microsoft's site where outlook directed me.  Anybody know where
that is?

(Sorry if this gets posted twice.  I posted last nite and it never showed
up, possibly 'cause the original had "adult" in the title, maybe they're
filtering...)
Thanks in advance for the help.
Dave Niemeyer
(remove "nospam" if replying directly)

Are you using the organize pane to set up the color rules? I thought it also
offered a delete option...

The spam list is no longer updated.

--

"Dave Niemeyer" <nospamdniemeye@biggs.org> wrote in message
> I see there is an ORGANIZE tab in Outlook 2000 (using my exchange 5.5
> server) for auto-coloring  "junk mail" and "adult" content.  This
> results in a different color for spam and adult content and I can easily
> specify any mail as spam or adult content I believe by right clicking.
But
> what I
> want to do is auto DELETE everything that's spam and adult content that
I've
> specified that way..  How do I do that without going through the laborious
> process of setting up a rule
> for every spam I get?
>
> Also, I read that I could download the update to the spam list but I can't
> find it at Microsoft's site where outlook directed me.  Anybody know where
> that is?
>
> (Sorry if this gets posted twice.  I posted last nite and it never showed
> up, possibly 'cause the original had "adult" in the title, maybe they're
> filtering...)
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> Dave Niemeyer
> (remove "nospam" if replying directly)

0
cricket23 (25)

Excel/Outlook Mail Merge???
I need to be able to send out pricing changes to our customers via email. I have the Outlook Mail Merge part worked out, but I need to somehow get the actually pricing files attached as well. I have a .csv file that contains the pricing records for about 150-200 customers, each customer has between 1-200 individual parts/pricing records. Each customer can only get their own records. The customers are assigned unique numbers, so I have that to use as a join. I can also use SQL Server if need be. Any ideas? Kell You might find something you can use on Ron DeBruin's site: htt...

Color Code report
Hi, I am working on a customize report. The datasource for the report is filled by code. I am wondering if it's possible for me to highlight rows with if one field of current record is different from the previous record. The report is currently sorted in a specific order. Thanks for help! You can do this with code in the report's events. 1. Declare a variable in the General Declarations section of the report's module (at the top, with the option statements.) 2. In the Print event procedure of the (Detail?) section, store the current record's value to the variable. 3....

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

AutoArchive = AutoDelete ??
When I switch on AutoArchive with "Clean out items older than 1 day" en I mark "Permanently delete old items" in my deleted items folder, will that work also when I'm not starting Outlook? Example: someone is on pregnancy leave for about 5 months. She creates a rule that all incoming mail will be directly routed to deleted items. With above mentioned AutoArchive, will her mailbox not ran out of space in the 5 months? Thanks in advance No, AutoArchive will not work for this. In AD U&C configure a retention policy for her Deleted items so Exchange will take ca...

O98 deltetes mail at server but dose not downlode them
Hi, my outlook 98 deletes the mail at my pop3 server but dose not download them. So I'm losing my mail. Any ideas? Stefan Do you have any Rules Wizard rules that might be moving/deleting messages automatically? "Stefan Huber" <shuber@tunau.de> wrote in message news:OoGPhm1ZDHA.2960@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > my outlook 98 deletes the mail at my pop3 > > server but dose not download them. So I'm > > losing my mail. > > Any ideas? ...

Card colors are not printed right?
I had a business card I am trying to reprint again, but the colors when I print them are not right? I cleaned the heads, other things seem to print correctly? The color you see on your screen isn't necessarily the color you'll get on a print. Think about the things that have changed since you last printed it. Are you using the same printer/monitor/version of Publisher/brand of ink? Have you made any changes to the screen resolution? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Bruce" <notreally@idon...

CRM e-mails in Sent Items
When sending e-mails from within the Outlook client, messages do NOT appear in my sent items folder within outlook. I am under the impression that this is incorrect, and that messages sent from CRM should appear in the Sent Items folder? This is the way it worked in 1.2 I believe. However if the email was generated as an activity item, when it is completed it would be in the history for that record, and not lost. Mary "NickB" wrote: > When sending e-mails from within the Outlook client, messages do NOT appear > in my sent items folder within outlook. I am under the i...

Defaults to year, rather than day
For example if I enter Jan 21 in the cell, it takes it as January 1, 2021. However my former workplace, it worked fine (i.e. took it as Jan 21, 2004). How can I change it so it recognizes the number as the day of the month, as opposed to year? Going mental, (Using w2k) Look at the Regional settings in Windows (not Excel) ("Start->Settings->Control Panel-> Regional Options"). There's a Date tab there and whatever you enter there will dictate how xl handles the date. (Always seemed somewhat incongruous to me) -- Regards; Rob --------------------------------------------...

Mail Merge Functionality in 3.0
I am told that customizing mail merge documents for MSCRM 1.2 is very limited. Example, you cannot add any desired additional fields on the mail merge template. My question is, in MSCRM 3.0 can this be done? Or do you still need to purchase a third party add on program? Thank you in advance for your help! ~Cayla hmmm sort of looks like you can use custom fields in everything apart from activities...I have not tried it yet...anyone care to comment? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_co...

Retriving mails from Yahoo account using Outlook Express 6
Hi, How will we setup Outlook Express 6 so that we can retrieve emails from my yahoo account? Thanks Rajeev R ...

Symantec Mail Security suddenly kicks mail back as "spam site"
Hello! Is anyone using Symantec Mail Security with RBL lookup lists and are you experiencing over the last day a lot, or all, inbound mail getting rejected by Symantec Mail Security that flags the mail as a "spam site"? If so, do you have "dsn.rdc-ignorant.org" in your RBL list? I have had MANY servers using "dsn.rdc-ignorant.org" in the RBL list that suddenly stopped getting mail. Removing that entry from the RBL list fixed every one of the servers. Gregg Hill OK, they finally started communicating with me and looked into the details. When I first in...

Autodelete rather than just COLOR junk mail??
I see there is an ORGANIZE tab in Outlook 2000 (using my exchange 5.5 server) for auto-coloring "junk mail" and "adult" content. This results in a different color for spam and adult content and I can easily specify any mail as spam or adult content I believe by right clicking. But what I want to do is auto DELETE everything that's spam and adult content that I've specified that way.. How do I do that without going through the laborious process of setting up a rule for every spam I get? Also, I read that I could download the update to the spam list but I can'...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

IMF SCL reader for archived mail
Would anyone have a recommendation for a 3rd party archived mail tool to see the sender, subject and SCL rating for IMF filtered email? Thanks. Don Williams Hi Don, I use a free 3rd pary utility called "IMF Archive Manager", it will display all that you require and can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Don Williams" <No@spam.com> wrote in message news:eOnXmvmoFHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.g...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Mail Merge from Contacts Sub Folder
I am trying to create a mail merge using a sub folder containing just some of the contacts from my main contacts. I can't find a way to specify the sub folder. I tried exporting that folder to Excel and Access, but then I couldn't figure out how to get the mailing address to show on the labels. Can anyone help? Thanks, Laura Did you enable the subfolder as an email address book in its properties? Why not start the merge from the subfolder? That way your merge data source is already defined. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Laura Prothero" <laurapREMOVE@FORSPAM...

Outlook 2003 sending Out of Office responses to Junk E-mail
Hello, I am trying to resolve an issue where several employees' PCs are sending Out of Office responses to junk e-mail, even ones that Outlook deems as spam and moves to the Junk E-mail folder. We are running Outlook 2003 on employees' PCs and Exchange 2003 Standard on our server. All that I can suspect at this point is that Outlook creates a rule for the Out of Office response and it is processed prior to the Junk E-mail rule. If someone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks in advance. -- Dennis Bilyk OOF are server side rules, junk mail is clie...

How to cause a pivot tables to not summarize data
I have a simple spreadsheet that is the result of selecting records from a database, and exporting the results to a .csv. Column 1 is a user name Column 2 is a title associated with a database column Column 3 is the data associated with the database column There are approximately 20 database columns which are referenced in this spreadsheet, thus each user will have up to 20 records in the sheet. All I want is to pivot the data, and perform no calculations against it. I only want to show what value is associated with each database column for each user. Can Pivot Tables do this? ...

Date format in Publisher Mail Merge
I am using the mail merge to complete training certificates. The merge data is in Excel. How do I change the date format from short (08/04/08) to long (August 4, 2008)? Isn't that an Excel function? You will have to change the field in Excel. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Still learning@work" <Stilllearningwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AE5399-E694-4215-BD7C-BED4D99E441A@microsoft.com... >I am using the mail merge to complete training certificates. The merge data > is in Excel. How do I change the date format from short (08...

saving multiple embedded pics in html format mails
no, the "save attachments" option is grey n if i right click on the image, only it will save as .bmp untitled. I have used the macro code: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm given by one of the MVP but it could only save 1 pic file from the multiple pics embedded in the html format email. Thanks. "Roady [MVP]" wrote: > It's saving all attachments for me for both jpeg and gif. I'm using Outlook > 2003 + SP1 but it should work for previous versions as well. > > -- > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] > www.howto-outlook....

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

PivotTables with multiple sheets (and more than just multiple consolidation)
I'm trying to run a pivottable on multiple sheets of like column headers. Multiple consolidation doesn't seem to be what I want---I want full pivot table functionality, not just subtotals. Anybody have an idea on how this might be accomplished? I figure -either multiple consolidation can do more than what I think it can, or -is there a way to make a compound range (i.e. run a pivottable on a named range that is in fact several ranges pieced together). Thanks, J As described in the following article, multiple consolidation ranges don't do any more than you think: http://www...

cannot receive mail from internet
I have exchange 2000 running, and have five mailbox stores set up for different requirements. With one of these stores, i want to store mail for users with different email addresses. I have created the UPN suffixes, created the recipient policies to stamp the user accounts with tt heir email addresses, and it all seems to work just fine. I can send and recieve mail just fine internally to the account, but when i send from the internet i continue to get a non delivery report. I can send out to the internet, just can't recieve. Hi Joshua, What error do you get when you try to send to...

User deleted Junk E-mail folder?
I have a user that deleted her Junk E-mail folder. She doesn't seem to know how she did this (she's working from home and using OWA for the past couple of weeks, but I tried recreating with OWA and I'm not able to). We're running an Exchange 2003 server. I can't move the folder back to her mailbox so that it appears in the root. Has anyone run into this before? I was going to attempt to install Outlook 2000 on a machine hoping that the client end wouldn't recognize the folder as being special and move it back, but haven't tried that yet. I'm hoping that th...

How make CToolBar with just CComboBoxes (no buttons) visible
Hi, I have a toolbar with 3 buttons. I replace two of the buttons with combo boxes. If I disable the 3rd button, the toolbar displays in the parent window, with the 3rd button showing grayed out. If I hide the 3rd button, the toolbar does not get displayed at all. This kind of makes sense to me, since as far as the toolbar is concerned, it has nothing to show (the combo box "buttons" have style set to TBBS_SEPARATOR, and the 3rd button is hidden). However, in my application, I just want combo boxes in the toolbar. I have no need for any buttons at all. Is there a way around th...