Autocomplete for "To" field in Outlook?

Does anyone know how or if it's even  possible to enable an autocoplete like
feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP?

Thanks.
MP

0
melpoke (1)

Outlook 2000, no.
Outlook 2002, yes: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail Options... >
Advanced E-mail options... > Suggest names
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"mp" <melpoke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how or if it's even  possible to enable an autocoplete
like
> feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP?
>
> Thanks.
> MP

0
russval (3097)

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...

Custom Fields import question
Hi there, We are using Dynamics CRM 4.0 We created some custom fields in Account and Contact entity My goal is to import records into Account and Contact at the same time Using the parent account id in contact entity map to account id entity Problem -> The import feature in CRM can't see the custom fields Solution -> To accomplish this task we are using third party tools SCRIBE Software My question is can I import into CRM without using third party tools? Just SQL Server SSIS for example. Even If I have to enter them twice one for Account and one for Contact. Do I need CRM Ada...

Need a query to display specific fields, having trouble customizing
Hi all, I hope you can help me as our IT manager has left the building (permanently) and I've been stuck with trying to figure this out. I have a newsletter that needs to go out and I need to export the address information of all of the contacts that allow mail. Were I able to accesss a SQL query manager, my life would be a lot easier, however, I'm stuck dealing with this clunky 360 interface. Can anyone tell me how I would specificy exactly what fields I want to display and export to Excel? Thanks so much, Danielle Sounds like you may be using a c360 add-in for CRM, such as thei...

Autocomplete
Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name (column B, sheet2)?! Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a proposal when there is a single solution). Best regards, If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type. If the data offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and autocomplete will t...

Only Synch CRM to Outlook not Outlook to CRM
Is it possible to turn off one side of the synchronization so that it only goes from CRM to Outlook? We want CRM to be our main point of entry and have it send contacts to Outlook. Thanks. -- TC ...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

Outlook Contacts and AutoDialer
Hi All, When you select a contact from the Contacts Folder the "Auto Dial" button gets enabled. And when you click the button, it pops up the form which has got some options and few buttons "Start Call", "End Call" and so on. Is there a way i can add my own button to this form or can i get hold of the existing "Start Call" button and instead of calling the inbuilt function , can I invoke my own method. Or when i select a contact from the Contacts Folder and right click on that contact you get several options like "Open", "Print", &...

autocomplete
I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on the TO: and hit the delete button to delete old e-mail addresses or ones that are incorrect and it won't delete the address. It deleted them at one time but it no longer will delete. Can someone help me with this? You can't scroll that list. Use the arrow key to select the entry you want to delete. -- Russ Valentine "beaugency" <beaugency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E65E487-727F-4DBE-9016-A5560BFD74D9@microsoft.com... >I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on...

Autocomplete #3
When I write in the address of the person that I am sending to Outlook would suggest names, like autocompleting it. I have checked the box that says, suggest names when completing to, cc, ccc, and it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggeestions?? You confused me. You said it autocompletes, then you said it doesn't. What happened in between? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bb201c3afba$931aa280$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I write in the address of the person that I am > sending to O...

Force GP to save changed field on Vendor Maintenance form
I am changing a field in PM_Vendor_Maintenance table buffer. I want GP to save those entries in the table. How can I force GP to save the form? When I make similar change on RM_Customer_Maintenance table buffer on Customer Maintenance form, I change the '(L) Form Changed' field of window RM_Customer_Maintenance of form RM_Customer_Maintenance. This forces GP to save the changed table buffer when the form closes. Is there any similar field on Vendor Maintenance form? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_1A6F6232 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi There If u...

Outlook stopped sending emails
i too have a similar problem as posted by Tammi on 2/15/04. I am unable to send messages in outlook through my SMTP account. It's driving me crazy and I have tried many, many things to correct it. Nothing is working, can anyone help us? Error messages look like: "Task pop.prontomail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 452 4.4.5 Insufficient disk space; try again later" Task 'pop.prontomail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The...

Set FROM field default > Replying to messages in somebody else's mailbox in Outlook 2k3 + exchange 2k3
Scenrio...... I have exchange server running with 1 main mail account where fresh emails come in from customers eg info@mycompany.com now this mailbox is opened by every users account so in the folder view they see their own account lets say dave@mycompany.com and the main info one...... dave inbox sent items outbox info inbox sent items outbox All fine and dandy and emails are working in and out. But if "Dave" for instance wants to answer an email int he info accounts inbox he must select his name in the "from" field everytime (I know I can al...

Customize Outlook Today #51
I'm running Outlook from Office 2000 and the button named Customize Outlook Today doesn't do anything. Have I messed up a setting somewhere. It used to work several months ago. Ken > I'm running Outlook from Office 2000 and the button named Customize > Outlook Today doesn't do anything. Have I messed up a setting > somewhere. It used to work several months ago. FAQ. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Brian Tillman Thanks, that solved the problem. Ken "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ODlC6h71EHA.412@TK...

Names in the "to:" field
How do I only let receivers of my emails see only their email in the "to:" field? I dont want my customers to see other customers emails. Thanks That would required a mail merge to electronic mail. An easier solution is just to put the DL in the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Micah Van Huss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a17b01c4655a$222a5c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I only let receivers of my emails see only their > email in the "to:" field? I dont want my customers to > see other customers emai...

Mandatory Field
Hi, Is it possible to make the department field mandatory in the item master creation screen? Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks CarlG In RMS there is not a way to make certain fields mandatory, although it should be, if you feel strongly that this option should be include make a product suggestion. There are addons that are designed for Matrix Item creation, that allow you to designate certain fields as mandatory. MPlus www.rmsstore.com Icreate www.retailrealm.us Matrix Master www.digitalretailer.com (I have not looked at this product yet) Rob "CarlG" wrote: ...

Unable to Export Date Field from Mail Items (Outlook & Access 2007)
How do I do this in Access 2007. It was easy in 2003, but I can't find the external data for exchange. Thanks, Kat I could easily do this in 2003, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with Access and Outlook 2007. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! K REFERENCE LINK: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240226 Outlook only imports and exports a limited number of fields. When Outlook exports e-mail messages, the date fields are not included. This is a limitation of the Export wizard. In order to import e-mail date fields, you can use a database program solution...

change number field to text field
importing an excel workbook from one of our clients. the field in question should be text but was described as numeric by client. so when i import the info, any alpha numeric info in that field rejects the record because of type conversion how do i import the workbook using vb and change the field in question to text, so i can import into an access table? thanks for your help =?Utf-8?B?am5ld2w=?= <jnewl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:F96E9D32-32F7-42F4-870D-343B537C6B9C@microsoft.com: > importing an excel workbook from one of our clients. the field in > question ...

autocomplete?
I used to be able to begin typing an email address when sending an email & have word finish the rest of it. Now that does not work, what happened? I have Word 2000. -- Later, -- Rick -- What email program are you using and the version please? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I used to be able to begin typing an email address when s...

autocomplete
a long time ago i logged onto a .net passport site with account marco123@.... , now i have added a contact in Outlook called marc (a different person) the problem is when i type marc in outlook the marco123@.... account is pasted ?? NOT my new contact marc??? i have absolutely no idea where it gets this from i have uninstalled messenger, deleted all cookies, all cache everthing search registry and cant find marco123@.... any ideas how i can delete a .net passport OR get outlook to use my contacts rather than whatever it is using just now any help would be appreciated thanks ...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Outlook 2002: Sent Mail Stored in Wrong Folder
Hallo, I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on Outlook. When I send mail, whether it is from Hotmail or the email account that I set up it does not store the sent item in the account from which I sent it - rather it stores it in the Personal Folders - Sent Items folder. How can I set up Outlook so the sent items get stored in the Sent Items folder of the account from which I send it. Thanks. Faz <afazeel@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have just set up an email account (IMAP) and a hotmail account on > Outlook. > > When I send mail, whether it is fr...

Clipboard Bitmap into Outlook Express 6
Hey all, I am trying to get a Bitmap into the clipboard so it can be pasted into Outlook Express 6. If I use just a HBITMAP (standard bitmap created with CreateCompatibleBitmap), it'll be put into the clipboard buffer fine but OE 6 won't recognize it. Word and other programs which support images in the clipboard can see it. Here's the code I am currenlty using to do it: // get our client window DC object HDC dcClient = ::GetDC(hView); // create a memory dc object HDC dcMemory = ::CreateCompatibleDC(dcClient); // create a bitmap HBITMAP hBitmap = ::CreateCompatibleBitmap...

Need help dropping Outlook Attachment into my Application
Our application allows the to drag files from the Windows shell and drop them onto our application. We handle the drop via the OLEDragDrop event. In this event we use the following check to ensure that we're getting one (or more) file(s) dropped onto our control. If Data.GetFormat(vbCFFiles) = True Then ... If so, we proceed to process the files. It was recently brought to my attention that dragging an e-mail attachment does not process the attachment into our application. Sure enough, I stepped through the code and discovered that Data.GetFormat(vbCFFiles) returns False for an e-...

Autocomplete issue
Hello all, I'm currently trying to think of a way to work around the problem tha Excel's autocomplete tool breaks a column's autocomplete "memory" afte several empty cells. Does anybody know a way to keep all the column's autocomplete entrie available when you start entering data into cells further down th column, after leaving several with no-data cells. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks, Georg -- George ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GeorgeC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...