Autocomplete for addresses

Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email.
I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the
reason y it is not happening?
This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere?

Thanks,
Ruf

Autocomplete does not use your Contact data.
It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent.
Apparently you have not yet populated that list.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email.
> I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the
> reason y it is not happening?
> This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Ruf

0
russval1 (2100)
3/22/2005 12:16:56 PM
Info you may appreciate regarding the autocomplete function may be found at
www.dcs-imagaing.com/autocompletetips.htm

"ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email.
> I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the
> reason y it is not happening?
> This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Ruf

Outlook address book
Hello NG, I use a smal Email dialog and would like to use the address book when clicking on "To" like in Outlook (Express) to let the user select a person. How do I manage to read the address book? Is there even a dialog I could use? Thanks for help, Guido is the contact list local or the GAL (Global Address List) of exchange ....... for GAL you may want to ask this question in exchange development newsgroup ....... I remember a bit long time ago i used LDAP to query this list from ADS ..... but i could not remind properly ..... "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de...

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

NDR for fictitious email address
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000. We have recently started generating lots of NDR's. This is what I think is happening: Someone is spoofing our email address and using randomly generated variations on xyz@company.com to send spam/viruses etc. That mail is being rejected by other companies' mail servers . These companies generate an NDR which is posted to us . As there is no xyz@company.com etc we are generating numerous NDR's. Because we do get customers emailing us with slightly inaccurate email addresses we check all NDR's to make sure we're not missing out on anything...

export address book
How can I export all my contact lists and Address Books ? Thanks, J. -- http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Joker <joker_moscow@hotmail.com> asked: | How can I export all my contact lists and Address Books ? | | Thanks, | | J. | | -- ...

updating company addresses
I have a number of cotacts from the same company and I wish to update the company address. How do I do this without going into each contact. Change One Contact to the new Company details then change the View on the Folder to "By Company" grab the row the of Contacts with the Old address and drop it on the row with the New Address, just before you drop you should see a prompt that informs you of the impending change. "nigelp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E10DB6B8-9A25-4B58-A007-E86E0F915ED8@microsoft.com... > I have a number of cotact...

How do I eliminate duplicate addresses from my address book?
-- DickW Post a clear detailed question in the body of the post, including why you think you have duplicates. From what little you have posted I am guessing that you are mistaken and do not even have duplicates in the Outlook address book. Provide the evidence that you do, and include your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Little Richard" <littlerichard@pactcenter.org> wrote in message news:1E926250-CCCC-4831-B0FF-5002C46D05FA@microsoft.com... > > -- > DickW ...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...

Who could tell me the actual address?
Hello all: I want to download msdn,and I know the address is http://msdn.microsoft.com/,but my English is very poor, I only download the SDK platform(developing for win32) and VC6.0.Who could tell me the actual address? Thank you very much. "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:OnQjMRLpFHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to download msdn,and I know the address is > http://msdn.microsoft.com/,but my English is very poor, > I only download the SDK platform(developing for win32) and VC6.0.Who could > tell me the actual address? ...

Email Address
Dear Daniel and Magdaline, This is my new email address. You may send your message to me in future. Regards, Yen yiyi ...

How do I remove the 'default' Outlook Address Book?
Hi there, I am running ACT! 2009 and have the ACT! addresses as my default address list for email. What I am trying to do is remove the Outlook Address Book as it is the primary. For example, when I click on Contacts - it shows the Outlook Address Book, not the ACT! address book? I do not want this! I do want the ACT! address book here. It DOES however, show the ACT! when inside an email as I have set that up by going Tools-->Address Book-->Tools-->Options "Show this address book first" (ACT!) and When sending mail....(ACT!) is first. When I go i...

Autocomplete
Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name (column B, sheet2)?! Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a proposal when there is a single solution). Best regards, If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type. If the data offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and autocomplete will t...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

Apostrophe in Email address
An external party is attempting to send email to us but it is being rejected with the following message. 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large. The sender has an apostrophe in their email address and it appears that our Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 is unable to receive emails from such addresses. Is this correct or is there a work araound. thanks Andrew "Andrew McLean" <amclean@hassell.com.au> wrote: >An external party is attempting to send email to us but >it is being rejected with the following message. > >553 Requested...

Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address
When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move rows/column/cells. Thanks Hi the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this cell. So you can't do it this way "Samad" wrote: > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. > > Can anyone advice me how...

autocomplete
I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on the TO: and hit the delete button to delete old e-mail addresses or ones that are incorrect and it won't delete the address. It deleted them at one time but it no longer will delete. Can someone help me with this? You can't scroll that list. Use the arrow key to select the entry you want to delete. -- Russ Valentine "beaugency" <beaugency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E65E487-727F-4DBE-9016-A5560BFD74D9@microsoft.com... >I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on...

cached Outlook 2k3 not updating global address list
The Global Contact List is not updating in users's Outlook 2003 lists. It updates on OWA but not in Outlook 2k3. Is there a way to fix this so that users of Outlook 2003 in cached mode will have their global address list updated. I made changes 4 days ago to the Global Contact List and the list has still not been updated with cached users of Outlook 2003. It will only display in non-cached mode or OWA I am running ex2k3 and server 2k3 Thanks 4 days? Check out regardless: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555207 On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:15:48 -0500, "...

OWA website access address
Hi I have several questions regarding OWA. Please help. 1.How do I set up OWA for users outside to access their inbox using http://www.company.com as oppose to http://ipaddress/exchange? 2.If I use frond-end server, does the server have to be DC or it does not matter as long as the server joins the domain? 3.Is it recommended to install certificate server on frond-end server if I want to use SSL? 4.Should I place frond-end server in DMZ then what ports should I open? Thank you very much. Um, unless your company doesn't plan on having a website, you'd be better off using some...

"postmaster" from address
When Exchange sends error messages back to senders it is using our internal AD domain (postmaster@unidomain.local) rather than our external domain (postmaster@predictableit.net). We haven't been able to figure out how to change this. Any pointers? -- Hal Berenson, President PredictableIT, LLC Hal Berenson wrote: > When Exchange sends error messages back to senders it is using our internal > AD domain (postmaster@unidomain.local) rather than our external domain > (postmaster@predictableit.net). We haven't been able to figure out how to > change this. Any poin...

GP listing of Employee e-mail addresses by address
Does anyone know how I can get an employee email listing by address, i.e. employees have address IDs of primary, work, etc. The only thing I found that comes close to getting e-mail addresses is in KB949662 -- Brynne You can create such listing in SmartList Builder by using the following query as a base: SELECT A.Master_ID, B.FRSTNAME, B.LASTNAME, B..., A.INET1 AS email FROM SY01200 A INNER JOIN UPR00100 B ON (A.Master_ID = B.EMPLOYID) WHERE A.Master_Type = 'EMP' ORDER BY A.ADRSCODE, A.Master_ID The 'B...' represents any other fields that you may want to display or pul...

Outlook Email Addresses
I have an email address that I'm trying to make go away when I enter 'L' into my 'to' field when sending an email through MS Outlook on my XP machine. Larry@larry.com, Larry@msn.com, and Lisa@hotmail.com all show up and I can't seem to eliminate the possibility of 'Lisa@hotmail.com' from showing up as one of the possibilities. I've tried to purge my address book and it still shows up as an option. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. thanks for any pointers, John > I have an email address that I'm trying to make go away when I enter > 'L'...

Autocomplete #3
When I write in the address of the person that I am sending to Outlook would suggest names, like autocompleting it. I have checked the box that says, suggest names when completing to, cc, ccc, and it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggeestions?? You confused me. You said it autocompletes, then you said it doesn't. What happened in between? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bb201c3afba$931aa280$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I write in the address of the person that I am > sending to O...

Some users not listed in Global Address Book ???
Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:01 -0700, Mahmoud Metwally Ali <Mahmoud Metwally Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not >listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. >What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? Are you talking about user...

Copy of Address Book
I purchased a new HP Laptop and trying to copy my address Book from my desktop, Windows 98 to the Laptop Windows xp. I burned the address on a CD and when I insert it into the CD drive of the Laptop, I get the outline but no addresses. When I insert it back into the desktop, I get both the outline and the addresses. Thanks for your help. Automatically download Address Book changes when you synchronize 1.. Click Inbox. 2.. Click the Tools menu, point to Synchronize, and then click Offline Folder Settings. 3.. Under Options, select the Download offline address book check box, and t...

autocomplete?
I used to be able to begin typing an email address when sending an email & have word finish the rest of it. Now that does not work, what happened? I have Word 2000. -- Later, -- Rick -- What email program are you using and the version please? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I used to be able to begin typing an email address when s...