Autocomplete email address question..

When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete suggests a
list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem - I have about 8
groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set to look for the matching
names in one of the groups.  but I want to add one more group to this - how
do I do it??
Thanks!

0
phiter (31)

Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote:

> When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete
> suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem
> - I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set
> to look for the matching names in one of the groups.  but I want to
> add one more group to this - how do I do it??

First, Outlook doesn't have "groups".  Second, the autocompletion feature
does not reference your Contacts in any way whatsoever.  It merely shows you
addresses you've used before in alphabetical order based on the characters
you've types.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete
>> suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem
>> - I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set
>> to look for the matching names in one of the groups.  but I want to
>> add one more group to this - how do I do it??
>
> First, Outlook doesn't have "groups".  Second, the autocompletion
> feature does not reference your Contacts in any way whatsoever.  It
> merely shows you addresses you've used before in alphabetical order
> based on the characters you've types.

Can that list be edited?  Can some of those be deleted?

0
idaman (2)
3/2/2006 9:00:12 PM
You add to it by sending an email to someone after typing in their address.

You can delete from it by typing one letter, then using your up and down
arrow keys to highlight what you want to delete. When you highlight an
address, just hit your Delete key.

Gregg Hill

"Norm" <idaman@conversent.net> wrote in message

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I type the letters of a name in the To: box, autocomplete
>>> suggests a list of names from which I may choose. Here is my problem
>>> - I have about 8 groups under my contacts and somehow it is only set
>>> to look for the matching names in one of the groups.  but I want to
>>> add one more group to this - how do I do it??
>>
>> First, Outlook doesn't have "groups".  Second, the autocompletion feature
>> does not reference your Contacts in any way whatsoever.  It merely shows
>> you addresses you've used before in alphabetical order based on the
>> characters you've types.
>
> Can that list be edited?  Can some of those be deleted?

0
bogus9187 (191)
3/2/2006 11:40:40 PM

And, in addition to what Gregg said, there's always a commercial product:
http://www.ingressor.com/
--
Brian Tillman
0

Gregg Hill

> Norm <idaman@conversent.net> wrote:
>
>> Can that list be edited?  Can some of those be deleted?
>
> And, in addition to what Gregg said, there's always a commercial product:
> http://www.ingressor.com/
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
bogus9187 (191)

Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email On 2/6/10 1:20 PM, in article 59bb2600.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Tom043@officeformac.com" <Tom043@officeformac.com> wrote: > Can send email, receive junk mail, cannot receive email Basics: 1. If you can receive but not send then you have a bad SMTP configuration 2. If you can send but not receive you have a bad POP or IMAP configuration The fact you are receiving Junk and no other mail indicates something other than your account setup. ...

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

Exchange email Archive
Does anyone know or could tell me, Is Archiving emails the best option instead of doing personal folders because in personal folders all the mails are sitting in local and in archive atleast they have mails on server, The reason I am asking is for mobile users which is the best option? Also Exchange server 2003 has 16GB database limitation and DB is getting full so what is the best solution?please help. "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know or could tell me, Is Archiving emails the best option >instead of >doing personal folders becau...

windows mail uitgaande email
sinds gisteren kan ik geen email meer verzenden met Windows Mail. Ik krijg de volgende foutmelding: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden. Protocol: SMTP, Poort: 0, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800C013E. Kan iemand mij vertellen wat ik moet doen? The error message you got is very typical of interference caused by=20 an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. Email ...

Allow some users to send Internet email only to certain domains
I have a certain class of users that need the ability to send Internet email only to a certain client's email domain. Is there a way to allow them to send Internet email to this one domain yet prevent the ability to send to any other domain. This class of users should have unrestricted access to send email to internal users. I have used the process outlined on MSExchange to prevent this class of user from sending and receiving any Internet email with success but I need to allow access to just this one domain. I also have a class of users that need the ability to send to any email...

Moving Email Account to another user
I have Office XP, with windows 2000 network. Outlook is erroring out when a user tries to open their profile. If I create my profile on that machine, Outlook works fine. If I go to View Other User' Folde and open that user's inbox, I can see the inbox just fine. It seems that if I try to create a new Outlook profile for that user, Outlook errors out when trying to open it. But for everyone else, it works. What can I do? Is it possible to delete just the email account and recreate the email account, without deleting the user account? ...

GP / FRX upgrade question
A customer of ours is running GP Dynamics 7.0 and FRX 6.5. We are looking to upgrade their system. Their GP consultant is on vacation and I just need to get some hardware specs. When I look at the Business Solutions site, I see everything is now Dynamics. There is no more reference to FRX. Does FRX still exist or has that functionality been incorporated into another product? What the upgrade path and where can I get hardware requirements? Thank you. Afternoon FRX is still around. As far as hardward goes, IF GP will run on the hardware so will FRX (User Manual Chapter 1 will have specific...

How do I remove the 'default' Outlook Address Book?
Hi there, I am running ACT! 2009 and have the ACT! addresses as my default address list for email. What I am trying to do is remove the Outlook Address Book as it is the primary. For example, when I click on Contacts - it shows the Outlook Address Book, not the ACT! address book? I do not want this! I do want the ACT! address book here. It DOES however, show the ACT! when inside an email as I have set that up by going Tools-->Address Book-->Tools-->Options "Show this address book first" (ACT!) and When sending mail....(ACT!) is first. When I go i...

Email Address
Dear Daniel and Magdaline, This is my new email address. You may send your message to me in future. Regards, Yen yiyi ...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...

word unavailable for email reply-error message
windows xp professional and office 2003 professional I get this error message when I reply: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead I have restarted, repaired, and reinstalled. Also, the box is checked in tools/options. The only thing left is uninstall, is this going to be necessary? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this. I went ahead and did an uninstall and reinstall and that fixed it. It was painless; all my personal info was there a...

Error when sending to an address book recipient
Dear, We have a nice problem here: - When sending an email and typing the email address by hand: OK - When right-clicking a contact in a public folder and selecting send message to this contact: OK - When clicking "To" and selecting a recipient from a Public Folder in the address book (with contacts): ERROR! "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." Any clue? We're getting crazy here :-) Thanks, Ambroise http://www.alacrity.be On Nov 17, 4:07 am, Ambroise N=E8ve <nore...@ambroise.neve.be> wrote: > Dear, > > We have a nice pro...

Wrong Name in the sent eMails when using the bulk eMail function in CRM 3.0
Hello everybody! I have got a very strange problem here that I can't really understand nor solve at the moment: we have got about 40 CRM users altogether, each and every one activated through the management tool of CRM 3.0. All of them except ONE user can send bulk eMails without problems whatsoever - mails sent by the remaining user have a wrong name displayed in the "sent by" field of the eMail. Except for her name, we see the following: =?utf-8?B?V8O8c3RlbmJlcmcsIEFuZ2VsYQA=ess?= <mailbox@domain.tld> I can't locate any differences between the user accounts and al...

Another Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing. What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree control hybrids. The problem I am facing is number of pages. I can't find a clean way to find the places where I would need to start a new page. Since what I am printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, a...

=LARGE Function Question
I need some help!!! I have a list of physicians and corresponding surgical case per month that I need to be able to manipulate... Assume: Tom 20 Will 22 Mike 30 Ed 22 John 22 The list is obviously much longer and there is data for each month. I need to pull the top 5 for each month. I tried to use A7=LARGE(B1:B5,1) [30] B7=INDEX(A1:A5,(MATCH(A7,B1:B5,0)) [Mike] A8=LARGE(B1:B5,2) [22] B8=INDEX(A1:A5,(MATCH(A8,B1:B5,0)) [Will] A9=LARGE(B1:B5,3) [22] B9=INDEX(A1:A5,(MATCH(A9,B1:B5,0)) [Will] etc.. But, when I have the same values (Wi...

Mcafee Security Suite and Outlook Address Book
I recently installed McAfee's Internet Security Suite 6.0 and have now lost all my contacts in Outlook's address book. Is there any way to retrieve them. McAfee gave no instructions to export the file prior to installation and hence it is not visibly saved for importing. I am operating on the XP platform. Any ideas? Click on your contacts folder in your folder list - are the items still there? If so, right-click, properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Willie wrote: > I recently installed McAfee's Internet Security Suite 6.0 > and have now lost all my ...

Email font size
Why is it that sometimes the font size in e-mails that are received and then forwarded or replied to reduce considerably in font size? How can I correct this annoying feature? :) Thanks. Connie "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEBB0A83-DB49-48AA-B15E-9D723154A3B4@microsoft.com... > Why is it that sometimes the font size in e-mails that are received and then > forwarded or replied to reduce considerably in font size? How can I correct > this annoying feature? Adjust the zoom factor to 100% -- Brian Ti...

CRM 3.0 Email Router for Exchange 2007
I know that there's an updated email router (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&displaylang=en) that provides support for Exchange 2007. But that router only supports running on an Exchange 2003 or 2000 server. Is there any update on when an email router might be released that supports a 2007 only environment? We have migrated off of 03, and would like to not have to keep that server around solely for this functionality. Thanks in advance. Rich Williams Amos Data Systems ...

Send email from SPECIFIC account only
I'm using Outlook 2002. I have three accounts: 1. myname@wherever.net -- used for personal emails 2. my.full.name@wherever.net -- used for business emails 3. name@school.edu -- still used for school emails (will be phased out) Accounts 1 & 2 use the same ISP. They are both alias addresses for <my.mungedname@wherever.net>. Account 3 is an IMAP account from a different ISP. I have rules to sort mail to separate folders: MYNAME folder and MY.FULL.NAME folder. They work. What I want is this: I want to work from the MYNAME folder, create a new email, and have it sent...

Autocomplete
Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name (column B, sheet2)?! Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a proposal when there is a single solution). Best regards, If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type. If the data offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and autocomplete will t...

Outlook automation, send email with attachments
I've written a function (executable through a command bar menu item) that uses outlook automation to send selected files to an email recipient. Every thing is working great, but I would like to see the mailItem, similar to SendObjects, so that I can type the specific message and use the To button to select the destination of my email. Is there a way to make the mailItem visible for manual editing, once I have added the attachments, other than writing my own form? I've searched a variety of websites and get the basic automation code, but nothing that actually exposes the mai...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address
When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move rows/column/cells. Thanks Hi the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this cell. So you can't do it this way "Samad" wrote: > When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other > row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address. > > Can anyone advice me how...

autocomplete
I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on the TO: and hit the delete button to delete old e-mail addresses or ones that are incorrect and it won't delete the address. It deleted them at one time but it no longer will delete. Can someone help me with this? You can't scroll that list. Use the arrow key to select the entry you want to delete. -- Russ Valentine "beaugency" <beaugency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E65E487-727F-4DBE-9016-A5560BFD74D9@microsoft.com... >I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on...