Autocomplete #2

I have autocomplete turned on in my Outlook program but
it does not work. When I start to type a name, it does
not automatically fill it in or suggest names. I am using
names that are in my address book.
0
anonymous (74719)

even though the help menu tells you how to turn this
feature on.
0
anonymous (74719)
10/24/2003 4:08:49 PM
Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution.
If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit
Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your
address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on
the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the resolution for future
use.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Carol <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| I have autocomplete turned on in my Outlook program but
| it does not work. When I start to type a name, it does
| not automatically fill it in or suggest names. I am using
| names that are in my address book.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Crystal 9.2.2 01-07-04
Getting error saying we need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed and we only have 9.2.0. What do we need to do to resolve this? Thanks Webster Contact Microsoft CRM support. They can give you a location to download crystal 9.2.2 "Carl Webster" <webster@carlwebster.com> wrote in message news:u4mbO1T1DHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Getting error saying we need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed and we only > have 9.2.0. What do we need to do to resolve this? > > Thanks > > > Webster > > ...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

socket #2
I've made a class CMYSocket that derives from CAsyncSocket. Does it matter when I call CAsyncSocket(nErrorCode) ? Before or after calling receive(...) ? Do I need to add my own check of the nErrorCode variable and stop the object if there the variable is not equal zero ? On a few occasions my OnReceive method has been triggered when no data has acctually been sent. The GetLastError() method returned error code 10054 (WSAECONNRESET). quote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Connection reset by peer. An existing connection was forcib...

how 2 make one cell change title when either of 2 other are > 1
i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert back to [heading 1] if not. In the Heading cell: =if(max(c9,d37)>0,"Heading2here","heading1here") confuscious wrote: > > i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to > [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert > back to [heading 1] if not. -- Dave Peterson If I understood your question correctly thy this: in cell A1 copy and paste this...

adding a watermark #2
is it possible to add a watermark to an excel page? if so how? i a using excel 2002 on windows XP professional version 2002 service pack -- mhilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mhillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26196 check this link: http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And see this sites also Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html An alternative, if you're using Excel 2002, l...

PDF transparency #2
Hi, my printer doesn't want to accept PDF files (CMYK) with transparency. How can I create one with Publisher without them? Thanks, Jan Okay, it seems we talked about flattening and Acrobat option two months ago. So it cannot be done in Publisher? "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote in message news:5CC73F5D-AE75-43CD-A58B-288A3A2F1D25@microsoft.com... > Hi, > my printer doesn't want to accept PDF files (CMYK) with transparency. How > can I create one with Publisher without them? > > Thanks, Jan ...

chart resize macro #2
Hi all, I often have to put a large number of charts in a report that need to be the same size. I'd like to create a macro that automatically resizes selected charts rather than manually resizing each one. I've tried to record a macro where I select a chart and resize it but the resizing part doesn't seem to get recorded. Any idea on how I would do this? Thanks, Josh Sub ChartResize1024x768() Dim oCht As Chart Set oCht = ActiveChart oCht.Parent.Width = 768 '1024*.75=768 oCht.Parent.Height = 576 '768 *.75=576 End Sub Works perfectly. Thank...

DPM cant push out agents after installing 2.0.8844.0 hotfix rollup
i am running DPM2007 sp1 with Windows server 2003 Sp2. Before installing the 8844 hot fix, synchronization kept failing and i would get hundreds of email warning telling me the protected server is unavailable. the error message was: DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on ProtectedServer.Contoso.local. (ID 308 Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)) I found this KB article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971411, and install the two resolution provided. after installing the two, it fixes the connection proble, but dpm can NO longer backup my ...

Need formula #2
I need a formula to provide the perfect score in a catagory Using a relative index of 5 and weights Category-Performance Relativity Index-5 Weights-as noted below Scope Of Work-8 (weight) Service Level-6 (weight) Estimate Turn Time-8 (weight) Timeliness of Repairs-8 (weight) Ingate To Available-6 (weight) Inventory Reporting-4 (weight) Staus Response-8 (weight) Sub-total (perfect score) 137 (is this correct) What should the formula be for this? needinhelp -- needinhelp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ needinhelp's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

internal coding #2
i must have misled you. i added all the invoices, but on separate days i did not add any ' mark before the numbers. asked another frien about this and he was the one that brought up the internal codin issue, but i didn't quite understand... any thoughts -- apple ----------------------------------------------------------------------- apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27013 Try this: Select a new, unused cell. Right click in it and choose "FormatCells&...

SQL 2005 Standard & RMS HQ v1.2
Has anyone had any problems getting RMS HQ (v1.2) admin to connect to an RMS HQ Db sitting on SQL 2005 Standard server?. The same HQ Db connected to a SQL 2000 server connects with no problems. The brand new 2005 sever allows me to use RMS HQ Admin/Manager locally but not on a client PC on the same LAN? HQ Admin Error says: "To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects (SMO)". The windows firewall feature on the new server is swtiched off and both (TCP) 1433 & (UDP) 1434 Ports are open. Anybody got any ideas? have ...

InputBox #2
Hi, Normally Inputbox has one editbox, how can have more editbox in one inputbox ? Please help by giving example. Regards, Magix Magix, For this you would create your own UserForm (in the VBE) and write the code to show it, look at the user input, etc. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "magix" <magix@asia.com> wrote in message news:439c45fa$1_2@news.tm.net.my... > Hi, > > Normally Inputbox has one editbox, how can have more editbox in one > inputbox > ? > Please help by giving example. > > Regards, > Magix > > > You would nee...

Can't open Workflow Manager in 1.2
I'm getting the error message that the specified server is either not available or is not a CRM server. I've tried all the steps in the KB articles about the .srf mappings, re-registering the crmisapi.dll, etc. I can't get the XML to show when I surf to http://crmserver/mscrmservices/bizusersdl.srf -- instead I get the following message: Server Error LoadLibrary Failed Haven't had any luck tracking this one down yet. Anyone have any new ideas on this? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com Hi Matt, Did you try to open workflow using CRM admin user account? ...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

New Domain #2
I have a Win2k server running as a Domain Controller with Exchange 2000. The current domain name is xxxxx.local (no external access) Currently we have been using pop3 accounts for email (using outlook). I want to add our www.xxxxx.com to this server and send and receive emails direct. Can anyone point me in the right direction for intructions please? Do I need to change the domain name or can I leave the .local and just add support for the new domain name? "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Win2k server running as a Domain Controller with...

2 questions on POS 2009. 1. Decimal places 2. Tax Calculation
I am a user of RMS 2.0, and I have 2 questions on POS 2009 1. Decimal places. How many decimal places are you allowed in the price field on the item card ? In RMS 2.0 you are allowed 2, 3 if you change the type to 'gasoline'. I am looking for 5 decimal places 2. Tax calculation. Normally you enter in the price excluding tax, and then RMS calculates the tax for you. Is there an option in POS 2009 where the price can 'include' the taxes? And then when you select the item for sale, POS 2009 would 'back calculate' to break out the taxes ? Thanks i...

how do I export excel to a monthly calendar format? #2
I am on a Mac platform and use Entourage. It really isn't as comprehensive as we need. We need to view jobs in progress in a list and calendar format. If there isn't a export to calendar function, is there an extension available that works with excel and entourage? ...

Networking Outlook #2
My computers in my office are all networked, however the contacts in Outlook are not available on each computer. What step did I miss? I need each computer to be able to access the same Contacts list in Outlook. Help! What version of Outlook are you running and are you on Exchange? >-----Original Message----- >My computers in my office are all networked, however the >contacts in Outlook are not available on each computer. >What step did I miss? I need each computer to be able to >access the same Contacts list in Outlook. Help! >. > ...

Autocomplete
Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name (column B, sheet2)?! Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a proposal when there is a single solution). Best regards, If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type. If the data offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and autocomplete will t...

Mailbox #2
I want ot create a new mailbox called Suggestions but I do not want to create a new user account. Is there anyway to accomplish this in Exchange 2003 since the email account is integrated with your user account in Active directory. A mailbox without an account wouldn't serve any purpose - it would not be able to receive any email. There's no direct way of creating one - you could create a mailbox-enabled user and then delete the user account. What you're left with is an "orphaned mailbox". If you want to receive mail for a particular email address, you can: - a...

Lock cell #2
Hello In excel 2003 I found it very handy to have the 'Lock Cell' icon customised on my toolbar. I can't find it in Excel 2007 which is very disappointing. In a large spreadsheet, I want to be able to see if a particular cell is locked or not, just by selecting it rather than having to open Cell Format and then the Protection tab each time. Thanks J Hi, go to the "quick access taskbar" besides the menue button and select "more commands" then switch to the Home Tab and select the lock button! Yeay! Thank you "Sascha" <noreply@microsoft....

Linking Outlook on 2 separate computers
Hello I work in a small office, and would like to be able to make a task list that two people on separate computers can view in outlook. I know that Outlook can be joined so that two people can share calenders, but is the task list also linkable? If so, how do I do it? Thanks, Arian Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm <KADConsulting@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153312891.282695.174810@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hello I work in a small office, and would like to be able to make a > task list that two people on separate comput...

Can I lock 2 columns together so that the 2 cells in a row are joined?
Hello, I want to use Excel to compile a list of my DVDs. This requires just two columns. The first column will be used to number the DVD. The second column will be used for the actual name of the DVD. However, I will want to sort the list in two ways: alphabetically and numerically. So the question is: Can I lock these two columns together so that when I want to see my list alphabetically, the first column that has the number of the DVD will automatically adjust itself to stay with the DVD. I hope this makes sense and thank you for your attention and any advice you can give me. Davi...

Problem with CString #2
Hi Experts There is a problem with CString. I define a CString variable(say CString str;) and assign a value to this variable.When i debug the program, then i check the value of str. I found correct value as i gave to this variable. But sometime, when i check its value then i found, Error: symbol "str" is not found or "Error: cannot display value". why? Here i'm talking about same function in which i initialize variable "str". When i drag mouse on this variable(during debugging), i don't found its value. while sometime i found. So i want to...