Autoarchiving #2

Our company has windows 2000, we have emails that after
seven days are no longer needed, I have all the folders
archiving features set to how we want, but is there any
way for Outlook to "auto"archive without closing and
starting up outlook or going to File: archive?  It would
be great to not have to do either since we do not shut
down the machine.  Please post any answers or suggestions.
Thank you
0
eli7431 (1)

You should be able to set Outlook to AutoArchive every day, or however often
you like (1 day is the minimum)...this would be done through the global AA
settings in Tools | Options | Other | AutoArchive.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:13a7701c3f7c5$7ccfd880$a001280a@phx.gbl,
Eli Snook wrote:

> Our company has windows 2000, we have emails that after
> seven days are no longer needed, I have all the folders
> archiving features set to how we want, but is there any
> way for Outlook to "auto"archive without closing and
> starting up outlook or going to File: archive?  It would
> be great to not have to do either since we do not shut
> down the machine.  Please post any answers or suggestions.
> Thank you

answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:13a7701c3f7c5$7ccfd880$a001280a@phx.gbl,
>Eli Snook wrote:
>
>> Our company has windows 2000, we have emails that after
>> seven days are no longer needed, I have all the folders
>> archiving features set to how we want, but is there any
>> way for Outlook to "auto"archive without closing and
>> starting up outlook or going to File: archive?  It would
>> be great to not have to do either since we do not shut
>> down the machine.  Please post any answers or
suggestions.
>> Thank you
>
>  Thank you for giving me an answer, but I have done this
and set it to archive (delete)every 1 days, but it
doesn't.  Can it only archive (delete) when you open
outlook or by going to (file, archive), because this would
be nice so we wouldn't have to close and open it or (file,
archive).
Thank you

0
anonymous (74717)
2/23/2004 4:09:13 PM
I'm a little confused by the wording of your post, but if you're asking
whether Outlook must be running for AutoArchive to work, the answer is yes.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:1454b01c3fa27$6111c950$a101280a@phx.gbl,
Eli wrote:

> [...]

autoarchive run if you leave outlook open all the time,
without closing it out.  I have found that even with
global and folders settings correct that it will only
archive if you close and reopen outlook or if you go to
file on the toolbar, then choose archive.
Thank you for the help.

0
anonymous (74717)
2/25/2004 7:49:29 PM
It should run fine if you keep Outlook running...I'm not aware of any known
issues that would keep it from doing so.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:186701c3fbd8$7b0a0db0$a001280a@phx.gbl,
eli snook wrote:

> [...]

at the specified (every 1 days) with it being open all the
time, the only way to run it is if you close and open it
or go to (file, archive).  Are there any more settings
that might effect autoarchiving.
0
anonymous (74717)
2/27/2004 2:43:20 PM
I don't know of any...sorry.  Have you tried running Detect and Repair?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:314c01c3fd40$0b0cd330$a501280a@phx.gbl,
eli snook wrote:

> [...]

rules for 2 accounts #2
We're running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003. I need to check both my and webmster's email. Ideally, I want to create 2 server-side filters (so they are filtered when i open outlook): 1. Filter all email if the sender is not on my address book. 2. Filter email if it's BCC'd (since a lot of email comes that way. Then I want the rules to apply both my and webmaster's inboxes, and put the email in their respective Junk mail folders. However, this is what it's doing: Makes the rules client-side, so when I open outlook, my emails are not filtered (incoming email is,...

Recieving Domain.2 sending Domain.1
I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1 how do I correct this so that they send out user@domainname.2? Thank you for your time On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:26:06 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 >domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are >sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1...

Illegal Operation #2
Everytime I send an email message, I get an illegal operation notice. This also happens when I delete emails. The following are examples of the details of the illegal operations. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this? OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:00ff705e. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=00ff705e EFLGS=00010297 EBX=00ff686c SS=0187 ESP=0056f1e0 EBP=0056f21c ECX=00ff686c DS=0187 ESI=0056f210 FS=22e7 EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00ff705c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 f4 68 ff 00 62 01 00 00 33 00 Stack dump: 00ff705c 00f...

Edit message in MS Outlook #2
Hi Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was changed. Is there any mechanism build in Outlook that I can verify if message was changed in any way? Regards, Miha "Miha" <miha.bernik@email.si> wrote in message news:306FC30B-CA41-4CAB-A2A3-6F11E9E1EA36@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in > his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was > changed. Is there any mechanism b...

VS2005... #2
Stupid question maybe - does VS2005 have full mfc capabilities? If I'm comfortable with VC++ 6.0 will there be any changes I have to make in the way I write code (unmanaged that is)? Also, is it possible to use C++ .dll's for web applications? Or anything written in VC++ for that matter? ...

Test Message #2
This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is working. Thanks, nick Sorry we can not see it. mt "Nick @ REAL" <NickREAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE718712-7481-4764-8241-BD5F7452E14C@microsoft.com... > This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is > working. > > Thanks, > nick ...

Shortcuts #2
I have a PC running Windows 98 and Excel 2000. When I am in Excel and use File - Open and opint to a file it opent it as is should. But If I create a shortcut to the file or use Windows explorer to navigate to the file then double click on it, Excel opens, but then gives me an error message saying that it can't find the file and that the path must be wrong. Why is this happening? The file is fine, since I can open it from within Excel. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this d...

Help with macro code #2
I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is ther a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxe e.g �g13,o13,g24,o24� then open a msgbox �sheet in use�. Thanks fo any help with this Private Sub CommandButton5_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Su -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

lost password #2
Is there anyway possible to find my password for Outlook Express account , it's impossible to sign on with it Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.publ...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #2
That's alot of code for a hyperlink! I'm assuming that this is for control box listbox linked to cell E1. I keep getting the syntax error I don't think I'm inserting the web address in the right location? Ca you help -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

Printing #2
We use different version of MS Word in our office. We drafted most of our form letters back in 95 and in 98. We have some saved as templates, some are locked and some are set to publish and subscribe. We are having a great deal of trouble printing MS Word documents consistantly. It's like the Printer/Monitor doesn't even know a docs is being sent and it never gets sent forward. ...

2 validators 2 different results
Hi, I have a simple XML document validated with a very complex DTD (it's formed by 7 files). If I validate this document with XML Spy it's well formed and valid. If I validate it with MSDOM or with .NET ValidatingReader I have this error message: "> is an invalid attribute, 223 position1" The XML document I try to validate has 20 lines, so the problem is the DTD. But in which file of the DTD the problem is? I would very much appreciate any help you can give me. Fede ...

IF THEN #2
Hi all, Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation is this I have created a list with different text values. I would like the statement to check for these values in the list cell THEN once the criteria are met apply the rest of the formula. If somebody knows a different way to do this I will take any suggestions. Thanks, Eric H eric@innerlith.com Wrote: > Hi all, > > Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation > is this I have created a list with different text values. I woul > like > the statement to check for...

stupid question #2
i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a first name column. is it possible to split the contents with out having to retype it all. P.S. there are over 1000 entries ;O) Select the cells with names in and then:- data|text to columns and use the wizard Mike "Kimberly" wrote: > i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and > first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a > first name column. > is it p...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Beginner question #2
Please forgive what might be a beginner question. I have a spread sheet that is made up of 10 columns. I would like to make it so that each time I change a number in these columns, the sub-total at the bottom of each column changes automatically AND so that the sub-total in the far right column changes automatically. Is there a template for this?? Thanks so much!!! You would use a function for that, lets say you have values in A1 to A10, then in A11 place this =SUM(A1:A10), or =A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10. got the idea?? "jenny" <jenny@hotmail.net> skrev i melding ne...

Folder is Full Error on Outlook 2007 Beta 2
I am running Office 2007 Beta2 and I cannot delete anything without getting an error that says "The folder is full" There is no reference, no error number-Nothing. Can someone please tell me what this means and what I can do to resolve it? I have already run the MS Office Diagnostics. It found a corrupt setup file and fixed it. Thanks LV How big is your PST file (if it is a PST and not an OST)? Is this an IMAP or Exchange account maybe (if yes, are you over your quota)? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote ...

401K accounts #2
Last time I checked, Money didn't allow tracking of all transactions in 401k accounts. Specifically, it wouldn't distinguish mutual fund buy transactions made with my contributions versus those made with employer matches, even though this information is available in the transaction files downloaded from Vanguard. Has this oversight been rectified in Money 2006? I'm still using Money 2003. I'm not entirely sure I understand your question but if you are asking if M06 can keep track, simply, of what part of an investment in Investment X is from your contribution vs what...

Autoarchiving & Permissions
SInce giving other users permissions to view your inbox is done at the client level and not on the exchange server, do those permission settings get propagated to exchange? I tested it out by viewing another user's inbox, after giving myself reviewer permissions on her outlook inbox, while her Outlook was not open and it worked. Another question is, if I set up Autoarchiving on a user's sent items folder, on their Outlook, to delete items older than 3 months, does this setting propagate to exchange as well? so if there Outlook hasn't been open for 3 months does exchange server kno...

printer issue #2
I have a cognitive label printer that I installed. The first time I tried to print lables from a purchase order it did so giving the proper quanities. Since then when I try and print it only will print a single label for each item instead of the quanity on the purchase order. Any suggestions? -- billr Are you sure you are clicking the "Set Quantity" button? if you just add the items, they will default to 1 label each -you have to select one of the options (Qty Ordered or Quantity Received) then click Set Quantity to get the correct number of labels. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek ...

Running UserForm1 routines from UserForm 2
Hi, I have 2 userforms. Userform1 works great and now I'm creating userform2. In userform 2 I'd like to call a couple of the routines from Userform1. Is this possible? and if yes, how should I approach it. Thanks Chuck By default, userform subroutines are private, which I think means that they cannot be called from outside that userform module. However, you can rename the Userform subroutines from "Private" to "Public". (Not sure if this is a good idea or not) Once the userform subroutine is "Public", you can simply call any use...

AutoArchiving #3
Autoarchiving does not appear to be working for a particular user. Outlook creates the Archive.pst, and the appropriate folder structure within it, but does not move any items into it. We have adjusted archive setting regarding age of items to be sure old items are covered in the parameters, and still no items are moving. Any ideas? Thanks Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another...

Installing .net 2.0 on with Windows Sharepoint Services spk 2
Hi all, I have WSS with SP2 running on server 2003 with SQL 2000 Enterprise. All is running fine. I am planning on adding .net 2.0 and possibly sql 2005 express to the server. I plan on keeping the WSS site on .net 1.1. My question is when I do the ugprade is there anything o the WSS site or administration that I have to do after I have have installed the .net 2.0 framework? I just want to make sure I do not break anything or mess up any rights I have setup on the site. Thanks a bunch for any advise. Yes I will be making an image of the server before upgrading. -- Flanman On Fri,...

2003 to 2004 #2
I have money 2003 now if I get money 2004 will all the info form 2003 transfer to 2004? yes..... >-----Original Message----- >I have money 2003 now if I get money 2004 will all the >info form 2003 transfer to 2004? >. > Provided you are in the same region i.e. US > US or UK > UK. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006501c3dc4e$933e2870$a301280a@ph...

excell #2
hello my dearest developers, I encounterd the following problem... Supposing that i a row full of data inevery cell Microsoft excell and all rows are full. I'd like now to "transpose" the row into column while inserting the data without overwriting the existing data. I'm waiting for ur precious help. One way .. Assuming source data is Sheet1, with entire rows filled from row1 to a max of row256 (btw 256 rows deep is the max possible for transposing to columns as there's only 256 columns per sheet!) In a new Sheet2 Put in A1: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1,ROW()-1) C...