Auto start Outlook on Windows Startup?

Hi

I know there must be an easy answer to this but...

How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Jem

0
Jem

place a shortcut in your startup folder...

"Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I know there must be an easy answer to this but...
>
> How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jem

Ahh...

I did a search for a folder called 'startup' and the results showed six
folders called 'startup' at various locations on my hard drive.  Do you know
which startup folder I should use?  Is it the c:\windows\system32 one?

Cheers

Jem

"cardinal pc" <cardinalpoc@verizon.net> wrote in message
> place a shortcut in your startup folder...
>

> "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I know there must be an easy answer to this but...
>>
>> How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?
>>
>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jem

0
Jem
4/26/2005 6:21:47 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Depending on what OS it is always on your start menu and in programs but in
XP it is in your user settings...

> Ahh...
>
> I did a search for a folder called 'startup' and the results showed six
> folders called 'startup' at various locations on my hard drive.  Do you
> know which startup folder I should use?  Is it the c:\windows\system32
> one?
>
> Cheers
>
> Jem
>

> "cardinal pc" <cardinalpoc@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> place a shortcut in your startup folder...
>>

>> "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I know there must be an easy answer to this but...
>>>
>>> How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?
>>>
>>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Jem

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Depending on what OS it is always on your start menu and in programs but in
XP it is in your user settings...

"Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Ahh...
>
> I did a search for a folder called 'startup' and the results showed six
> folders called 'startup' at various locations on my hard drive.  Do you
> know which startup folder I should use?  Is it the c:\windows\system32
> one?
>
> Cheers
>
> Jem
>

> "cardinal pc" <cardinalpoc@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> place a shortcut in your startup folder...
>>

>> "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I know there must be an easy answer to this but...
>>>
>>> How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?
>>>
>>> Any help is much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Jem

Many thanks for the quick help - much appreciated.

> C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>
> Depending on what OS it is always on your start menu and in programs but
> in
> XP it is in your user settings...
>

> "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Ahh...
>>
>> I did a search for a folder called 'startup' and the results showed six
>> folders called 'startup' at various locations on my hard drive.  Do you
>> know which startup folder I should use?  Is it the c:\windows\system32
>> one?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Jem
>>

>> "cardinal pc" <cardinalpoc@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> place a shortcut in your startup folder...
>>>

>>> "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message

0
Jem
4/26/2005 6:35:44 PM
Actually to make this as simple as possible, well if menu dragging is
enabled, click on the shortcut you use to open Outlook and drag it to your
Start Button, Then to Programs and finally to your startup folder...

"Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I know there must be an easy answer to this but...
>
> How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts?
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jem

High,
     I SHOULD BE VERY GLAD IF YOU KINDLY USE YOUR GOOD
OFFICES TO MY OUTLOOK PROBLEM FOR ME.I RECEIVE E-MAIL BUT
CANNOT SEND EITHER REPLY ANY AT ALL.ANYTIME I SEND E-MAIL
THE MESSAGE THE FOLLOW IS ERROR OCCURE.HOPPING TO HEARING
FROM YOU SOON.

REGARDS

0
anonymous (74725)
4/26/2005 10:50:01 PM
Tahiru Mohammed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>     I SHOULD BE VERY GLAD IF YOU KINDLY USE YOUR GOOD
> OFFICES TO MY OUTLOOK PROBLEM FOR ME.I RECEIVE E-MAIL BUT
> CANNOT SEND EITHER REPLY ANY AT ALL.ANYTIME I SEND E-MAIL
> THE MESSAGE THE FOLLOW IS ERROR OCCURE.HOPPING TO HEARING
> FROM YOU SOON.

Make sure you're properly authenticating to the outgoing server for your
account.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Try to connect Windows 7 pro to SBS 2003
Hi all, I have joined loads of XP Pro but with Windows 7 clientPro I get a message saying. "Error occurred when configuring network setting. See your Net Admin" Please help I am pulling my hair out ! Hi Monty: Any help here? http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in-a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi all, > > I have joined loads of XP Pro but with Windows 7 clientPro I get a > message saying. ...

How do I start a monthly calender with Sundays in Publisher?
I am using Publisher 2003 amall <amall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using Publisher 2003 Make sure you're running the latest update (SP2) for Publisher (and Office). Toggle the location between the US and the UK. One gives calendars which start on Sundays, one gives calendars which start on Mondays. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Outlook 2002 not fully shutting down
I am running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. My Outlook program appears to close down when I quit the application, but when I try to shut down my computer I get a pop up box saying 'End Program-Outlook.EXE' requiring that I hit 'end task' to complete normal shut down. Vey annoying. Any thoughts? Thank You This problem is not unique to Outlook 2002. I'm having the same problem with Outlook 2000. The Outlook.exe process fails to terminate when exiting Outlook. As a result, such default actions as emptying deleted items on exit fail to execute. Anyone with a solutio...

Unable to archive on outlook 2002
Hi all... I am on outlook 2002. I have tried NUMEROUS times to manually archive old email. Here is what I do: create the pst file first, then within outlook I pull down on file, then archive. I put in the date range I want and let it go on its way. (I use date less than 12/31/2002 - which should get all of 2002). It only does its thing for a few seconds. NO emails are archived what so ever. I have tried numerous times.. and at a loss Any thoughts or suggestions??? Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date...

Importing Outlook Messages into Outlook Express
I previously used Outlook 2000 on an old PC and now have a new PC using Outlook Express 6. I saved some of my old Outlook .msg files and Outlook mailbox.pab file on my new PC, but have not been able to "import" the Outlook files into Outlook Express. My Office 2000 CD is damaged and I have no way of installing Outlook on my new PC. Is there a way of opening or importing my Outlook files with Outlook Express? Appreciate the help, David ...

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Auto Filter problem

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Auto-Editing

Imail to Outlook 2003
Hi all: I have an Imail server which I'm taking offline, I can see folders on the Imail system but I can't seem to get them off so I can put it on Outlook. For example: uder Inbox there are folders, but they don't download to Outlook when I'm running in either Pop3 mode of IMAP I have tried posting with iMail, but they are useless!!! That's why I'm taking it offline and going to Exchange (eventually) Thanks, Bob J ...

handwriting mail sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express 6
After creating handwriting mail by Tablet PC Outlook 2003 (word 2003 is selected as mail editor) it was sent to my mail account and I have received in four clients. O and OE in the same Tablet PC from whrere original handwriting was sent, another O and OE installed in the different ordinary XP PC. I intended O: as Outlook 2003, OE: as Outlook Express 6. Every OE is unchecked "Read all messages in plain text" and "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Also I have set my mail account could be received by these four client...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

MS CRM 3.0 + Outlook
Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small Microsoft CRM in outlook that Deleted items how one adds the module of the CRM under this menu. Thanck You. Hi Ahmed, You can drag a folder from 'the small microsoft crm menu' to the favourits (the upper left corner of outlook). This way you can easily access microsoft crm folders you frequently use! Hope this helps, Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small > Microsoft CRM in outloo...

Outlook database structure
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can find a description of the outloo database tables? I mean which fields, datatype, etc etc ... especially want the table in which the accounts are kept. thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it, if anyone needs it ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnout98/html/olexcoutlk.as ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View a...

Auto-Calculate

registry for outlook options
Excuse me, can everyone know what's the exact registry position for the functions? i'm using a outlook 2000. Under Tools > Options > Mail. there is a button Use "word editor as a text editor". it can be used before. but currently, it's disabled and dim. i can't change its options. how can i make it active undim and enable it. i know it may need to change the registry. Many Thanks, DDT taitamhk@yahoo.com.hk Do you have Word 2000 installed? Other versions of Word won't work as e-mail editor for Outlook 2000. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Re...

auto copy self

Outlook 2003 Font Size Changes FONT size=+0 in HTML Code
I have a user who has random parts of some of his emails go up in font size (10-12) for a paragraph or so and then back to normal. I cannot find the cause but notice in the HTML of the email each section of problem text has <FONT size=+0> somewhere in it. The only solution I could find was to create a Blank stationery for him to use but that doesn't seem to have resolved this problem. If any one has any information on this I would be really grateful. Cheers Dave In received messages or when composing? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Config...

Outlook News and Outlook Mail
I have just switched to Outlook for Email and created a shortcut to Outlook Newsreader in the Outlook Shortcuts. I have folders that I created in Outlook Express when I used it for Email and News and I imported them to Outlook. When I use either Mail or News, I have the same named folders, but they reside in different locations. Is there a way to redirect either Outlook or Outlook Express so that they will share the same file folder location so that all saved files, whether Email or News, would be stored in the same place? Ken ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message pos...

Outlook 2003 permission error. Anyone?
I have created several rules to permanently delete mail. It was fine for a few days. Now I am getting the following pop up box: "Rules in Error Rule: Prescriptions (example of many) You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation." It does this on all of my permanently delete rules. All of my other rules run fine. I'm running XP and am logged in as Administrator. Security settings are default, except I changed Restricted Zones from High to Med. I checked Google groups. It appears others have experienced this. Evidently it was an issue in Beta too, but ...

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

embed pictures in Outlook
Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves then in email body and not in attachments line Thank you Yes. You need to set the message format to HTML and use the Insert > Picture menu choice*. /neo * Your mileage may vary as the steps listed above are for Outlook 98/2003 with Word being disabled as the e-mail editor. "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:j2Rqg.40119$181.15574@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves > then in email body and not i...

Outlook 2002 #59
Hi, I get an e-mail from MAILER-DAEMON@xprdmailbe... (can't read the rest) Failure Notice (in the subject line). My Outlook locks up instantly and won't function on any level whatsoever, i.e. can't even delete the offending critter. It happened before, then I just clicked the e- mail above it and the one below and managed to delete the lot. I do not have anything above that one and no new e- mail gets in. I have run Virus checks, windoc, norton utilities, you name it I have run it. I would say it is a glitch somewhere, but where? Anybody out there who has an idea or even ...