Auto Send/Recieve Time

I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to
Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes.

I have a client that insistes that all his employees have their
Outlook setup to Send/Receive in 1 minute intervals.

Is there a Tech Document from Microsoft that I can show him that says
Do Not Set less that 5 minutes?

Thanks
0
rboetger (79)

"Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message

>I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to
> Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes.
>
> I have a client that insistes that all his employees have their
> Outlook setup to Send/Receive in 1 minute intervals.
>
> Is there a Tech Document from Microsoft that I can show him that says
> Do Not Set less that 5 minutes?

I don't recall seeing any Microsoft documents, but a lot of people have
reported problems over the years with intervals that are as short as you
describe and increasing the interval cured the problems.

If you're using an Exchange account, you don't even need to set the option
to perform an automatic send/receive.  Exchange will take care of notifying
Outlook when there are new messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/26/2008 2:26:04 PM
These are POP Accounts.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:26:04 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message
>
>>I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to
>> Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes.
>>
>> I have a client that insistes that all his employees have their
>> Outlook setup to Send/Receive in 1 minute intervals.
>>
>> Is there a Tech Document from Microsoft that I can show him that says
>> Do Not Set less that 5 minutes?
>
>I don't recall seeing any Microsoft documents, but a lot of people have
>reported problems over the years with intervals that are as short as you
>describe and increasing the interval cured the problems.
>
>If you're using an Exchange account, you don't even need to set the option
>to perform an automatic send/receive.  Exchange will take care of notifying
>Outlook when there are new messages.
0
rboetger (79)
8/26/2008 2:48:28 PM
Ron Boetger wrote:

> I saw a post in this fourm that said you should not setup Outlook to
> Auto Send/Recevie less that 5 minutes.
>
> I have a client that insistes that all his employees have their
> Outlook setup to Send/Receive in 1 minute intervals.
>
> Is there a Tech Document from Microsoft that I can show him that says
> Do Not Set less that 5 minutes?
>
> Thanks

Hey, if it is their own company mail server, let them abuse it however
quickly they want.  Then let their IT folks handle the complaints when
employees ask why Outlook keeps trying to re-retrieve the same
e-mail(s).  The mail poll interval has to be longer than the time to
complete a mail session, and that mail session includes the time to
retrieve the e-mails.  If the user receives a huge e-mail, perhaps
because of a large attachment, the mail session will take longer to
complete.  If during that mail session it gets stepped on and aborted
because, gee, it's time for the next scheduled mail session, then
whatever e-mails got downloaded won't get updated as getting downloaded.

You never mentioned the TYPE of the mail server.  Is it POP?  If so, you
run into the problem of stepping atop a current mail session if the poll
interval is too short.  Might not be a problem if you are using Exchange
as the mail server assuming the Outlook user isn't using a .pst to keep
offline or local copies of their e-mails.  Since you are asking about
the mail poll interval, my guess is that you are using POP and not using
Exchange.  Exchange (in cached mode in Outlook) gets informed when new
items show up in the user's mailbox.  You don't need to poll for mails
when using Exchange (unless you have a problem in your network that
blocks the UDP packets sent by Exchange to your Outlook and you have to
revert back to the old poll scheme).

Also, just how fast are these employees expected to read e-mails and
then do something about them?  Say in a mail poll, you get half a dozen
e-mails.  Well, you might get more if this employer wants 1-minute poll
intervals because that means LOTS of e-mails are coming in.  Are you
going to get those e-mails read before the next poll within the next
minute?  No, so you'll be getting e-mails into your Inbox faster than
you can read them.  If the e-mails were not coming in at this frantic
pace then why the need to catch them at 1-minute intervals?  Think of a
comedy skit where you are at the end of a conveyor belt on which cookies
are delivered to your mouth.  What happens when the speed of the
conveyor belt is faster than you can eat the cookies?  Ask the employer
what is the expected turn-around time for their employee to process an
e-mail.  Not just to notice there is a new e-mail, not just the time to
read it, but also the time to take some action on it.  E-mails are being
sent to the employee for more than just their reading enjoyment.
0
V4521 (722)

How do you reconcile Vac/Sick time between HR and payroll in GP 10
How can vacation and sick time be reconciled in GP 10.0? If you go to Utilities>>Human Resources >> Reconcile. There is not an option to reconcile just "reset Payroll vacation and Sick Time Information". I would like to reconcile the times between both modules. -- Thanks for your help In V10, you can have more than two buckets of PTO tracked and accrued, so it is no longer stored in the PR vac and sick time buckets like it was in prior versions (this is why there are new instructions on how to add the PTO buckets to the payroll check, as it uses a new array fiel...

how do i can send a information of cell automaticaly via email?
I have generated a calibration file in excel by using conditional formating,here the help I need is,in a perticular cell where the conditional formating is done needs to be send as email alert to the mail receipents automatically if the condition of thet cell is "false" Rajani, see if this will help, http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &...

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

Auto Filter problem

Unable to send to a couple different domains
I have Exchange Server 2003 running on a 2000 Server. Recenly we have been getting bounced messages from 3 different domains. The message reads "The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.<8th-jd-cc.comm_corr #5.4.0>" I have tried changing the DNS entries under the SMTP virtual server. Searching on Microsofts site I find this possible problem "The SMTP connector is configured to forward e-mail messages to a smart host, and the SMTP ...

Auto-Editing

Send campaign e-mails from a queue
Direct e-mail allows e-mails to be sent from a queue using the e-mail address given by the queue. However, I need an unsubscribe option so I am trying to do the same using either a quick campaign or full campaign e-mail activity. However, the system only allows me to send the email either from myself or the owner of the contact record and not from a queue. Is this normal or am I doin something wrong. TIA This is normal. You can use a "test" user account to send out the campaign, or update your CRM user profile's email value. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Wo...

Delegates Sending 'On behalf of'
I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author to my mailbox. However, when she accesses my Inbox and tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent on behalf of' on the message. Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my name is not automatically populated. How can we set it so that when she is sending as me that the from field is filled in? Please, people, post your VERSION of Outlook!!!! Is she directly opening your mailbox or is this a second mailbox that she opens ...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Auto-Calculate

Can receive but not send emails
Task 'lrbutz@verizon.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.' That is the error message I receive when trying to send a message from Outlook 2003, from a POP acct. Test messages at first were sent successfully, but now I only get the pop-up requiring me to repeatedly enter my user name and password, despite always re-checking the 'remember user name and password' box. This program worked yesterd...

Adding TIME
I am tracking a 5 day sporting event that has stages and legs within the stage. I am estimating the time it will take to complete a leg,a stage and a cumulative time. I input the leg time, have excel calculate the stage time and the cumulative time. My problem is when a day rolls over ( 24 hours have elapsed since the start). The cumulative result goes back to 0:00 and starts from scratch. How can I have the cumulative time accuratly show the a/ actual elapsed time or b/ the day and lapsed time for that day. cheers Mike Hi Mike! Format the total: [hh]:mm:ss -- Regards Norman Harker...

run time caption settings for dialog box
Hi in runtim how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC app regards ttk CButton* pButton = (CButton*)GetDlgItem( IDC_MYBUTTON ); pButton->SetWindowText("hmmm....") "ttk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FFE7EE-E7AD-4519-8BF0-1D1B274C0597@microsoft.com... > Hi, > in runtime > how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC appn > regards, > ttk Except you should avoid GetDlgItem entirely. Create a member control variable using ClassWizard, and just call SetWindowTex...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

received a 551 error message when sending an email
-- Barbara R. Griffin Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com "Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara R. Griffin > Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following: " From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would you pl...

auto copy self

Any way to send messages on without all the recipients' names appeaing in it?
I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers etc. Is there any way to do this? Desperate Peter Peter Jason wrote: > I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there > should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers > etc. > > Is there any way to do this? > > Desperate > Peter Bcc the recipients. No recipient gets to see the list of Bcc recipients. On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:53:59 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote: >Peter...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he
When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error: The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work. I ran the repair option from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work. I'm running Windows 2000. Any ideals...? Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Entry Defaults to Todays Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

send-receive using CSocket
hi everyone .i`m doing a project for capturing the desktop image & sending it from server to client " i convert it to DIB then send the buffer of DIB using TCP " when i try to do a StretchBIBits on client the image is not so complete it has some missing pieces think the problem may be in my send-receive code.can u help me with a strong and reliable send-receive code?? mayara wrote: > hi everyone .i`m doing a project for capturing the > desktop image & sending it from server to client " i convert it to DIB > then send the buffer of DIB using TCP " when ...