Auto-Send a premade .OFT file from Command Line

Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a
pre-determined email address?  The effect I want is something similar
to the logic below:

send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com>

Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to
the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it.

where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email, try
rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Brandon_Thinkpad" <brandonpen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a
> pre-determined email address?  The effect I want is something similar
> to the logic below:
>
> send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com>
>
> Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to
> the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/30/2006 5:10:03 AM
The specified address will be entered manually into the command line.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email, try
> rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "Brandon_Thinkpad" <brandonpen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a
> > pre-determined email address?  The effect I want is something similar
> > to the logic below:
> >
> > send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com>
> >
> > Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to
> > the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it.

I mean, ideally, all of this information would be passed to the command
line from a batch file, the end result is to send the same message over
and over again from the command line, with the destination email
address being the only variable that changes.

Brandon_Thinkpad wrote:
> The specified address will be entered manually into the command line.
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> > where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email, try
> > rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> > Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> > Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >

> > "Brandon_Thinkpad" <brandonpen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a
> > > pre-determined email address?  The effect I want is something similar
> > > to the logic below:
> > >
> > > send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com>
> > >
> > > Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to
> > > the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it.

you can use command lines to send mail - look for the /m switch about
halfway down http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm. You'll need
to publish the template to use it - AFAIK you can't use templates in this
manner, only custom forms.

--

> The specified address will be entered manually into the command line.
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>> where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email,
>> try
>> rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

>> "Brandon_Thinkpad" <brandonpen@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a
>> > pre-determined email address?  The effect I want is something similar
>> > to the logic below:
>> >
>> > send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com>
>> >
>> > Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to
>> > the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do
>> > it.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

how do i can send a information of cell automaticaly via email?
I have generated a calibration file in excel by using conditional formating,here the help I need is,in a perticular cell where the conditional formating is done needs to be send as email alert to the mail receipents automatically if the condition of thet cell is "false" Rajani, see if this will help, http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &...

Unable to send to a couple different domains
I have Exchange Server 2003 running on a 2000 Server. Recenly we have been getting bounced messages from 3 different domains. The message reads "The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.<8th-jd-cc.comm_corr #5.4.0>" I have tried changing the DNS entries under the SMTP virtual server. Searching on Microsofts site I find this possible problem "The SMTP connector is configured to forward e-mail messages to a smart host, and the SMTP ...

Auto Filter problem

Send campaign e-mails from a queue
Direct e-mail allows e-mails to be sent from a queue using the e-mail address given by the queue. However, I need an unsubscribe option so I am trying to do the same using either a quick campaign or full campaign e-mail activity. However, the system only allows me to send the email either from myself or the owner of the contact record and not from a queue. Is this normal or am I doin something wrong. TIA This is normal. You can use a "test" user account to send out the campaign, or update your CRM user profile's email value. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Wo...

Auto-Editing

Reading XML from a Continuously Updated XML Log File
Hello, We use an application that logs events to an xml file. I am starting a project to read these events at they are written to the log file and submit them to Operations Manager 2007 as custom events. I am currently writing a C# console app to read this file using XMLTextReader as part of a proof of concept. However, I am having problems reading the file after the application logs a new event. Log example: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <Log descName="foo"> <Session appName="appName" version="4.0" cmdLine=&quo...

Delegates Sending 'On behalf of'
I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author to my mailbox. However, when she accesses my Inbox and tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent on behalf of' on the message. Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my name is not automatically populated. How can we set it so that when she is sending as me that the from field is filled in? Please, people, post your VERSION of Outlook!!!! Is she directly opening your mailbox or is this a second mailbox that she opens ...

Settings.settings file with settings for multiple regions

Auto-Calculate

Can receive but not send emails
Task 'lrbutz@verizon.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.' That is the error message I receive when trying to send a message from Outlook 2003, from a POP acct. Test messages at first were sent successfully, but now I only get the pop-up requiring me to repeatedly enter my user name and password, despite always re-checking the 'remember user name and password' box. This program worked yesterd...

How can I save Excel file to A CD
I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A laptop. I am useing office 2003 "Juleslib" <Juleslib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E7A9BC-53AB-400C-AC00-8A3EA3B09CA5@microsoft.com... >I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A > laptop. > I am useing office 2003 Save it to your HDD and then use your burning software to put it onto a CD. However, a CD is 700 MB - that's an absolutely ENORMOUS file. You'd be better off with either a USB memory stick, or emailing it... You need...

received a 551 error message when sending an email
-- Barbara R. Griffin Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com "Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com... > > -- > Barbara R. Griffin > Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following: " From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would you pl...

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

auto copy self

prompt for path to loop through files
I have the code below and it works fine but I would like it to prompt for the file path as each month the path changes slightly. Sub LoopOWC() Dim oFSO Dim Folder As Object Dim Files As Object Dim file As Object Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder("c:\new_files\Jan") For Each file In Folder.Files If file.Type Like "*Microsoft Excel*" Then Workbooks.Open Filename:=file.Path UploadData ActiveWorkbook.Cl...

Any way to send messages on without all the recipients' names appeaing in it?
I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers etc. Is there any way to do this? Desperate Peter Peter Jason wrote: > I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there > should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers > etc. > > Is there any way to do this? > > Desperate > Peter Bcc the recipients. No recipient gets to see the list of Bcc recipients. On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:53:59 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote: >Peter...

Auto correct or Auto complete

how to specify a horizontal line in MFC resource file
Hi; i have this problem. I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX representing a single horizontal line ? How can i achieve this? best regards bav Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to vertical etch. AliR. "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message news:45ef14b1$0$2946$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi; > i have this problem. > I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. > However, i cannot find any control like GRO...

Cannot open files.
I am having trouble opening files after saving them. I keep getting the message "cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details says "Unspecified error" followed with the location in the "document.xml" file. ...

OWA auto login

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

PDF files
I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Tom Shadonix <musicoffice@rew2000.com> wrote: > I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how > save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Under MacOS 9, you'll need to get Adobe Acrobat (the full version). There is no native way to "print to PDF" from MacOS 9. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

Auto look through subfolders

SAVE FILE
I have developed a file with a macro which is protected by a password. A "Save" button with the assigned macro calls the procedure in the macro and when I am trying to save a file the following message appears "You cannot save this file format when the VBA Project is protected You may unprotect the VBA Project by......" What do you suggest I do to save a file with a protected macro? The macro must be protected, it is very important for me not to allow access to the macro in totallity. I am using certain cells' information to name the file My code lo...