Auto-Reply to an open mailbox

I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two
certain words are in the subject line, and not on my
personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my
profile opens.

For some reason the auto-reply isn't working.

Any ideas?
Simon

The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox".

In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not
work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other
mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two
certain words are in the subject line, and not on my
personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my
profile opens.

For some reason the auto-reply isn't working.

Any ideas?
Simon

0
Skippy9697 (148)

Auto Filter problem

cannot open or reply to a message or new message
Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in outlook 2007 we recieve mail but cannot reply, open or forward mail. It is open in the task bar but will not open up full screen. Any help here would be grateful. Close Outlook. Open it in safe mode. Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (please note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Does this behaviour continue? "Cazz" <Cazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355C8102-A769-4B6C-886B-FC8FE61D6495@microsoft.com... > Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in ...

Auto-Editing

outlook2003 forwarding (always attaches rather than open)
I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. But when they forward, the email client always attaches the message as an attachment so they can't clean it up prior to forwarding. I can't find the option to make theirs work like mine (which doesn't attach forwarded messages). Thanks!!!! "joe" <bry333@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:xFc4k.4086$LL4.1727@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. > But when they forward, the email client always attaches the > message as an attachment so they can&#...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...

empty replies
I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently having trouble printing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. Although these are OE problems, they likely relate to yours. See points = 11 and 12 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#10 Also see point 3 on that page, as something could be interfering. steve "jo2cat" <jo2cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:694B8CC2-E69E-447E-A3F9-63CE489E5E82@microsoft.com... >I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently = having > trouble printing. Any help wo...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Cannot open files.
I am having trouble opening files after saving them. I keep getting the message "cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details says "Unspecified error" followed with the location in the "document.xml" file. ...

OWA auto login

data missing in charts original file 97-2003 opened 2007 and then.
I have a file that is created in 97-2003, after it is opened in excel 2007 and then saved back to 97-2003 version when it is reopened the charts that are included are not showing any of the text data or information that was added to the charts. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it other than manually updating the charts. Did you add the information with XL2007? If so maybe you used components that are available only in that version. Did you get a warning that saving in the older format will lead to loss of information? If you don't remember you may want to go thr...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Opening another user mailbox
I am trying to setup outlook to open another user mailbox in addition to my own. In the Outlook I do this: Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Email accounts->View or Change->Change->More settings->Advanced->Open these additional mailboxes->Add The problem is if the user is not in the GAL - I cannot perform this operation. As soon as I uncheck "Hide from GAL" in the user properties I can open his mailbox. I need to hide user from GAL but still get access to his mailbox. How can I do it? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet...

Auto look through subfolders

An auto reply to an auto reply!

2 workbooks open
Hi - A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the course of a few weeks, several tabs were added. Recently, when I received the spreadsheet via email, 2 identical workbooks opened. The 1st workbook was called 'Data (1)' and the 2nd was called 'Data (2)'. There wasn't a macro on either spreadsheet - I'm at a loss to why 2 identical workbooks opened. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Regards, Close the second instance of the Workbook and then Save the file. Meg wrote: > Hi - > > A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the cou...

Auto date

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

doc attachments won't open
I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a *.doc attachment it won't open. If you copy it to the desktop or somewhere else, it opens fine. I did check default programs and Word is set to open .doc files Opening an attachment without saving it first is asking for trouble. Any editing you do to it won't be saved, since it's just sitting in a temporary folder that gets deleted when you exit Word. On Nov 21, 6:32=A0pm, tomg88 <tom...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a =A0*.doc attachment it won't op= en. > If you...

files can't be open in excel2000
hi, I have some excel files which works fine on office 97 with windows nt. but when I try to open them in office 2000 with windows 2000 it just gives me a blank page. this file is with macros. pls help. thanks Hi does this only happen if you try to open this file from the Windows Explorer?. Have you tried to open this file from the Excel File menu? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shah" <rshahruk@csc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9b6301c486bd$a14ac7b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > I have some excel files which works fine on office 97 > with wi...

Outlook 2002 Hangs on Replying to Email
I have a PC running Win2000 Professional and Office XP SBE. Outlook default to using Word as Email Editor, but NOT to use Word to read RTF. There is one particular email which is in htm format. When clicked on Reply, Outlook will hang, and the computer becomes very sluggish. Task Manager shows Winword process is using 100% CPU. To recover from the situation, the Winword process has to be killed. With other emails there is no problem whatsoever. There is an KB article (811946) that seems to cover this, and it refers to a hotfix. Any comments on similar experience would be welcomed. And ...

Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop?
Why do my excel documents not open from the desktop? I can only open documents when I am already in Excel. I assume some setting is off. Where should I look? Thanks Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have ...