auto Name #2

I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just
like everybody else here)
Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto
complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an email
that day.

Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature.

Any other ideas?

0
john5443 (26)

That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
>I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just
> like everybody else here)
> Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto
> complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an email
> that day.
>
> Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature.
>
> Any other ideas?

0
russval1 (2100)
11/23/2005 9:43:43 PM
Are you suggesting that I delete the entire user account?   Or is there some
other file that you are reffering to?

> That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
> >I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just
> > like everybody else here)
> > Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto
> > complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an email
> > that day.
> >
> > Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature.
> >
> > Any other ideas?

0
john5443 (26)
11/23/2005 9:48:04 PM
I'm not talking about any file. I'm talking about the local Outlook profile.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

--
> Are you suggesting that I delete the entire user account?   Or is there
> some
> other file that you are reffering to?
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
>> >I have a user that has Outlook 2003 connected to our Exchange 2003 (just
>> > like everybody else here)
>> > Her problem is that when she starts typing in a persons name, the auto
>> > complete doesn't pop up unless she has already sent that person an
>> > email
>> > that day.
>> >
>> > Yes, her setting in Outlook does say to use teh auto name feature.
>> >
>> > Any other ideas?

0
russval1 (2100)
11/23/2005 10:29:50 PM
nope, no change .

> I'm not talking about any file. I'm talking about the local Outlook
profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
> > Are you suggesting that I delete the entire user account?   Or is there
> > some
> > other file that you are reffering to?
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> That's a symptom of a corrupt profile. Create a new one.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message

0
john5443 (26)
11/23/2005 10:55:48 PM
Really. So in this short period of time, you've been able to create a new
profile, populate an entire autocompletion cache, then verify that it is
deleted with a restart?
If so, I give up.
--
> nope, no change .
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm not talking about any file. I'm talking about the local Outlook
> profile.
>>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
>> > Are you suggesting that I delete the entire user account?   Or is there
>> > some
>> > other file that you are reffering to?
>> >

>> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> (just
> auto

0
russval1 (2100)
11/23/2005 11:31:44 PM
I don't know about you, but it does not take very long to do all 5 or 6
steps the link you gave me provided.  AND when you have a fast computer on a
fast network, it shutdown and is back up in about 2 min.

> Really. So in this short period of time, you've been able to create a new
> profile, populate an entire autocompletion cache, then verify that it is
> deleted with a restart?
> If so, I give up.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
> > nope, no change .
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm not talking about any file. I'm talking about the local Outlook
> > profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message

> > (just
> > auto

0
john5443 (26)
11/25/2005 4:41:13 PM
The behavior you describe is by design.

See Diane Poremsky's article here:

http://www.outlookpower.com/issues/issue200506/00001584001.html

I don't know about you, but it does not take very long to do all 5 or 6
steps the link you gave me provided.  AND when you have a fast computer on a
fast network, it shutdown and is back up in about 2 min.

> Really. So in this short period of time, you've been able to create a new
> profile, populate an entire autocompletion cache, then verify that it is
> deleted with a restart?
> If so, I give up.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
> > nope, no change .
> >

> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm not talking about any file. I'm talking about the local Outlook
> > profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message

> > (just
> > auto

0
admin2942 (7)
11/25/2005 5:06:30 PM
Not true. The behavior only occurs with a corrupt profile. So far, he's the
only one I know where a new, clean profile hasn't fixed it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Admin Station" <admin@msnewsgroups.com> wrote in message
> The behavior you describe is by design.
>
> See Diane Poremsky's article here:
>
> http://www.outlookpower.com/issues/issue200506/00001584001.html
>

> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
> I don't know about you, but it does not take very long to do all 5 or 6
> steps the link you gave me provided.  AND when you have a fast computer on
> fast network, it shutdown and is back up in about 2 min.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Really. So in this short period of time, you've been able to create a new
>> profile, populate an entire autocompletion cache, then verify that it is
>> deleted with a restart?
>> If so, I give up.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message
>> > nope, no change .
>> >

>> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > profile.
>> >>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

> there

>> > (just
>> > auto

0
russval1 (2100)

Project Accounting Name field change
I am in GP 10 on the Contract Maintenance Screen. I want to change the prompt 'Name' to Contract Number. When I go into Modifier->Resources->Strings there is no field called Name. How can I change this prompt without having to use Forms Modifier to change the prompt? I was able to change several fields with no problem. First of all, you need to make sure you are in the proper dictionary -- Field Service. By the way, there is no need to add the form to Modifier to modify the string. If you want to change the prompt programmatically, you will need to use VBA. Ad...

Personal Folder problem #2
I have a user that came in and opened his email and most of his folders were missing out of his personal folder file. The file is 333MB but when I open it from outlook it says it is 65kb. I ran icrosoft scanpst.exe (R) Inbox Repair Tool Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1995-1996. All rights reserved. **Beginning NDB recovery **Attempting to open database **Attempting to validate header **Attempting to validate AMap **Attempting to validate BBT **Attempting to validate NBT **Attempting to validate BBT refcounts **Attempting to validate header NID high-water marks **Begi...

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto Filter problem

alternate UI for Define Names ??
I've just started using Define Names for storing formulas. I find thi to be very helpful, except the supplied interface (in Excel 2000) i limited (especially since some of the formulas are quite long.) I've figured out some workarounds that work fine, but I was wonderin if anyone has created a more flexible, or just larger, interface t Excel's Define Names. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions -- jmg09254 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmg092548's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2611 ...

Auto-Editing

CHeaderCtrl #2
MFC is just the thing for me it seems, plently of vexation to while away the hours. *sigh* I am trying to inser a bitmap in the fourth column of my header control, attached to a list ctrl. After reading the docs and codeproject resources, here's what I came up with: void MyViewClass::OnInitialUpdate() { [creation code for List Ctrl, "List"] ..... CHeaderCtrl* pHead = List.GetHeaderCtrl(); CBitmap bm; bm.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP3); HDITEM hdi; pHead->GetItem(4,&hdi); hdi.mask |=HDI_BITMAP|HDI_FORMAT; hdi.fmt |=HDF_BITMAP; hdi.fmt &=~HDF_STRING; ...

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

Auto-Calculate

name on credit card on receipt
How do you get RMS to print the customer name on the receipt when the customer uses a credit card? -- Thank you very much. Bob it currently does not read it from the mag stripe :( You must set a customer record. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AB0567-1C48-4DCA-AF0A-070DC73AF39B@microsoft.com... > How do you get RMS to print the customer name on the receipt when the > customer uses a credit card? > -- > Thank you very much. > Bob ...

Earn money using PAYPAL #2
As Seen On OPRAH & 20/20 - TURN $6 into $24600 Earn money using PAYPAL all you need is: 1) An email address 2) A PayPal account 3) $6.00 THIS IS A 2007, CURRENT EMAIL LIST I decided to give this one a shot... Especially since the so called "risk" is only $6.00. Anyway, only hours after implementing this exact system I about fell out of my chair as money ACTUALLY started rolling in. I couldn't believe it. This system is THE legit and profitable one. Here is how it works... There is a list of 6 email addresses. When someone new comes along he/she removes #1 off of the list, mo...

auto copy self

Any way to send messages on without all the recipients' names appeaing in it?
I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers etc. Is there any way to do this? Desperate Peter Peter Jason wrote: > I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there > should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers > etc. > > Is there any way to do this? > > Desperate > Peter Bcc the recipients. No recipient gets to see the list of Bcc recipients. On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:53:59 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote: >Peter...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Classes for RMS 2.0
I would like to take classes for RMS 2.0 but cannot find anything through Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can find a listing? Cargas (www.cargas.com) located in Pittsburgh, PA offers a 2 day course in RMS Store Operations, cost is $ 1,400.00. They also offer a 2 day course in RMS Headquarters, same price. I took the store ops course and found it well worth the investment. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler P. O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 (T) 501-374-3636 (F) 501-375-0043 (C) 501-412-5686 (E-Mail) kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Davidjc52" wrote: > I would like to take...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

OWA auto login

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

remove macro #2
Hi every time I start an excel workbook I have made I get the security warning about running macros but as far as I can tell there are no macros in the workbook. When I go to tools/macro there are no macros visible in the box that appears. So what is causing the security message to appear? And how can I stop it? If I set the security level to low the message does not appear. Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 Thanks Ron Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor. Delete any text in any of the modules under "Microsoft Excel Object" and delete any modules under "Modules"...

An auto reply to an auto reply!