Auto email fill-in, Outlook Express does it - Can Outlook?

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to start by saying thank for you taking the time
to read this and offer any help.

I just converted from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000.
Outlook Express 6 used to automatically fill in the
potential email address that I was typing in after I typed
the first few letters.  With Outlook, I have to type in
the full name or email address of the person - or click on
To.  I would like Outlook to work like Outlook Express did
and just pop the email address in there and I could hit
enter to select it.  Is this possible??

It's such a minor change, but it's driving me nuts!

Thank you!!

Sherry

0
sj5132 (1)

I had the same problem when I converted my contacts.
After you send one message to this contact it will then
function just like outlook express.  There may be other
solutions, but I just waited this one out and after I had
sent an e-mail to most contacts, it works just like
Outlook

0
anonymous (74718)
1/21/2004 9:28:22 PM
Sherry Johnson <sj@alphabenefits.com> wrote:

> I would like Outlook to work like Outlook Express did
> and just pop the email address in there and I could hit
> enter to select it.  Is this possible??

Outlook 2000 doesn't have the AutoSuggest feature, but it does have
AutoCompletion.  After entering a few (three or more) letters of the
address, press CTRL-K.  If the address is in your Contacts and is unique, it
will fill it in.  If it's not unique, you should ge a pop-up containing the
address that contain those letters.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/21/2004 9:35:41 PM
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I had the same problem when I converted my contacts.
> After you send one message to this contact it will then
> function just like outlook express.

I don't believe Outlook 2000 (which the OP said she was using) includes
AutoComplete.  That feature was introduced in Outlook 2002.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/22/2004 2:48:58 PM
Another posting from me in this thread says "AutoComplete" was included in
Outlook 2002.  I misspoke.  I meant "AutoSuggest".
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Auto Filter problem

Bulk emailing
Is there any way to take 10-20 email addresses and send the same email text to each of them, where ONLY their email address appears anywhere in the header? Thanks! ....Robin Put the recipients in the Bcc: recipient box rather than the To: or cc: boxes. "Robin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01d601c39f27$0c1612e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to take 10-20 email addresses and send > the same email text to each of them, where ONLY their > email address appears anywhere in the header? > > Thanks! > > ...Robin > &...

Rules in Outlook 2002
I have 4 rules in Outlook 2002, to direct mail intended for each of 4 accounts to one of 4 specific folders (one for each account). The first 3 rules work fine but the fourth rule always reverts to the 3rd rules "intended for account". If I change the order the rule changes. I have tried removing and recreating all rules. any ideas? ...

MS outlook 2003 try to send email says "Item missing"
I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or recieve--says item missing. Thanks! Chrisie <Chrisie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or > recieve--says item missing. Did you create a mail profile? Did you define a mail account? Have you created your data store? Tell us exactly what you've done so far and we'll tell you if anything's missing. -- Brian Tillman Yes, I have done all those things... Thanks for your help! "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Chrisie <...

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Auto-Editing

handwriting mail sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express 6
After creating handwriting mail by Tablet PC Outlook 2003 (word 2003 is selected as mail editor) it was sent to my mail account and I have received in four clients. O and OE in the same Tablet PC from whrere original handwriting was sent, another O and OE installed in the different ordinary XP PC. I intended O: as Outlook 2003, OE: as Outlook Express 6. Every OE is unchecked "Read all messages in plain text" and "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Also I have set my mail account could be received by these four client...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

Outlook database structure
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can find a description of the outloo database tables? I mean which fields, datatype, etc etc ... especially want the table in which the accounts are kept. thx ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it, if anyone needs it ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnout98/html/olexcoutlk.as ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View a...

MS CRM 3.0 + Outlook
Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small Microsoft CRM in outlook that Deleted items how one adds the module of the CRM under this menu. Thanck You. Hi Ahmed, You can drag a folder from 'the small microsoft crm menu' to the favourits (the upper left corner of outlook). This way you can easily access microsoft crm folders you frequently use! Hope this helps, Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,I installed MS CRM 3.0 customer for outlook but I found under small > Microsoft CRM in outloo...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

registry for outlook options
Excuse me, can everyone know what's the exact registry position for the functions? i'm using a outlook 2000. Under Tools > Options > Mail. there is a button Use "word editor as a text editor". it can be used before. but currently, it's disabled and dim. i can't change its options. how can i make it active undim and enable it. i know it may need to change the registry. Many Thanks, DDT taitamhk@yahoo.com.hk Do you have Word 2000 installed? Other versions of Word won't work as e-mail editor for Outlook 2000. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Re...

Auto correct or Auto complete

moderated & normal email
i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to differentiate between the two. moderator is running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 enterprise. How about creating a rule in Outlook that will separate the e-mails based on the address they are sent to (moderator@domain.com as against normal@domain.com). RP wrote: > i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators > inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to > differentiate between the two. moderator is running o...

embed pictures in Outlook
Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves then in email body and not in attachments line Thank you Yes. You need to set the message format to HTML and use the Insert > Picture menu choice*. /neo * Your mileage may vary as the steps listed above are for Outlook 98/2003 with Word being disabled as the e-mail editor. "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:j2Rqg.40119$181.15574@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves > then in email body and not i...

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...

OWA auto login

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

Outlook 2002 #59
Hi, I get an e-mail from MAILER-DAEMON@xprdmailbe... (can't read the rest) Failure Notice (in the subject line). My Outlook locks up instantly and won't function on any level whatsoever, i.e. can't even delete the offending critter. It happened before, then I just clicked the e- mail above it and the one below and managed to delete the lot. I do not have anything above that one and no new e- mail gets in. I have run Virus checks, windoc, norton utilities, you name it I have run it. I would say it is a glitch somewhere, but where? Anybody out there who has an idea or even ...

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

Outlook 2003 & Passwords
I'm using Outlook 2003. I have 2 sepearate POP accounts that have about 3 email addresses each. The default email account and its pop addresses work fine. The 2nd pop account and its associated email address work, however Outlook constantly asks for the passwords for each account eventhough the box is checked to remember password. This is incredibly frustrating. Especially when you leave outlook open and every two minutes a window appears asking for the email password. Hopefully somebody has a suggestion. Thanks. ...

Auto look through subfolders

When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he
When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error: The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work. I ran the repair option from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work. I'm running Windows 2000. Any ideals...? Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?...