auto delete attachment

How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email
that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003.

Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt

Thanks,
Aaron

0
kuya789 (8)

Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a
program to do this.  Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see
http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Aaron <kuya789@yahoo.com> asked:
| How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any
| email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook
| 2003.
|
| Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt
|

| Thanks,
| Aaron

0
MillyS4407 (663)
6/19/2004 11:37:57 PM
You can create a rule that looks for words in the header and have it look
for the file extension - be sure to include the "dot" in the extension
name - '.exe'. It will miss a few that have embedded attachments because the
file name isn't in the header.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Aaron" <kuya789@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email
> that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003.
>
> Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt
>

> Thanks,
> Aaron

0
info2937 (567)

Auto Filter problem

outlook2003 forwarding (always attaches rather than open)
I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. But when they forward, the email client always attaches the message as an attachment so they can't clean it up prior to forwarding. I can't find the option to make theirs work like mine (which doesn't attach forwarded messages). Thanks!!!! "joe" <bry333@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:xFc4k.4086$LL4.1727@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. > But when they forward, the email client always attaches the > message as an attachment so they can&#...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

No Attachment Warning
I had this code in Outlook 2003 it warned me when I sent email without attachment if it found the word attached in the email. It doesn't work in Outlook 2007, please help. Thanks. Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lngres As Long If InStr(1, Item.Body, "attach") <> 0 Then If Item.Attachments.Count = 0 Then lngres = MsgBox(" Found 'Attach' in message, but no attachment found - send anyway?", _ vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2 + vbQuestion, "You asked me to warn you...") If lngres = vbNo Th...

OWA auto login

Deleted OExpress
Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook? There is sharing between the two, so you may want to reinstall Outlook Express to make sure everything is in place. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287686&Product=ol2002 for more information. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to prese...

Auto look through subfolders

Deleting Data
I could really use some help here. I need to delete data without deleting formulas. I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis. I would like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats. Thanks Joel jnmobley@att.net Joel Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and press the delete button -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto date

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

Auto-Alphabetize

Recover deleted excel-files on usb-stick
I accidently deleted an usb-stick with lots of important excel-files. Has anyone by experience managed to undelete and recover them and cab give me the name of an undelete/recover program. I already tried a lot of them, but none of them did the job (or seems to can do the job for demo versions). What wondered me is that of some worksheets lots of (deleted) copies exist on the stick, with different dates. But when I view them with these programs I find things that do not belong to these sheets even in the last version of the sheet. And I did not save anything on the usb stick after this ...

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? What attachment types can't see access? (e.g. doc, mdb, exe, com, bat, .etc) The reason that I ask is that OWA under Exchange 2003 can block access to specific attachment types just like Outlook 2003. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3shlhkFoeg86U1@...

deleting all my information
I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? I have money '05 just need to uninstall my information so that when I start it up, it doesn't have anything at all that is related to my info- basically out-of-the-box thanks In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, >billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? > >I have money '05 > >just need to uninstall my information s...

delete server...routing master error

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Macro for Deleting rows with balnk cell
Hi, i have several data in a sheet with data in 10 columns... in column A there are cells where it is blank and i want to delete the rows where there is blank cell in column A.. I need the vba macro for this regards, radha Try Sub DeleteBlankRows_2() 'This macro delete all rows with a blank cell in column A 'If there are no blanks or there are too many areas you see a MsgBox Dim CCount As Long On Error Resume Next With Columns("A") ' You can also use a range like this Range("A1:A8000") CCount = .SpecialCells(xlCell...