Auto Date on new email

We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content section
of the email. Is there anyway of doing this?  Outlook 2003.

Thanks,

Bodach

0
frack831 (2)

you'll need to use VBA or an add-in.

vba:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/date_stamp.htm
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm

addins:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Bodach" <frack83@email.com> wrote in message
> We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content
> section of the email. Is there anyway of doing this?  Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bodach

0
outlookmvp (5838)
12/8/2007 2:40:56 AM
The date is stamped on the message itself, that's not sufficient?

In addition to Diane's excellent suggestions you might be able to use a Word
template to create your message and have it put the date at the top
automatically.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Bodach" <frack83@email.com> wrote in message
> We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content
> section of the email. Is there anyway of doing this?  Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bodach

0
bens1 (1425)
12/8/2007 10:12:29 PM
Thanks for the responses.  I will try both.

Bodach

"Bodach" <frack83@email.com> wrote in message
> We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content
> section of the email. Is there anyway of doing this?  Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bodach

0
frack831 (2)

Auto Filter problem

Difference between two date/time values
Hi, Cell A1 has 21-04-10 07:00 PM Cell A2 has 06-06-10 07:52 AM (the dates are in the dd-mm-yy format) Cell A3 has the formula =A2-A1 for showing the differences in days and time and is formatted with the custom format: dd h:mm:ss The display in cell A3 is 14 12:52:00. While the difference in hours is okay, the difference in days should be more than 14 as there is are 31 days of May between the two dates. Is there another format to show the correct difference in days or should be done some other way? Please help. Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Do you really need ...

Auto-Editing

todays date
Hi I have a cell that I want to know when something will be finished i.e. today()+30.which gives 02/07/04. This is ok until I open the spreadsheet tomorrow when I will get 03/07/04. How can I get the date 02/07/04 to remain every day or do I just enter the date manually? Thanks tricia Hi Tricia! You've noted that TODAY() is volatile and will change on recalculation if the date has changed. You might prefer entry using: Ctrl + ; -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Hi Tricia, You would need a macro. If you say you have a cell, you ar...

Todays Date in Template Parameter
Hi All I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts todays date. <parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled with todays date? Thanks for any help. Martin martin (xxx@xxx.com) writes: > I'd like to use a Template Parameter with SQL Server 2005 which inserts > todays date. ><parameter_name, data_type, default_value>. > You guys know a way to achive this to get "default_value" to be filled > with todays date? The com...

Auto-Calculate

Create new Database and Configure Synchronization
Hi all, I would like to create a new database/table to save information on the Oppurtunity -> Competitor/Partner form to the local MSDE when a user is offline. When the user goes online again, I would like to set up the replication so that the data (Competitor/Partner information) stored locally on the MSDE is synched back to the CRM Database (in which case I think I'll have to add a new database/table to the CRM Datastore as well, since it does not have the table I want). Is something that can be done? If yes, anyone have any ideas of how to go about it? Thank you in advance. Defin...

Date/Time criteria problem
I am trying to create a query that allows a user to select a specific date for which to show results. Following is sample SQL with a fixed criteria: SELECT qryShopJobsIO1.JOB_NO, qryShopJobsIO1.[TOTAL QUANTITY ORDERED], qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE], qryShopJobsIO1.SumOfTotalHours FROM qryShopJobsIO1 WHERE (((qryShopJobsIO1.[ENTRY DATE])=#4/27/2010#)); This particular example returns no records. I know that I have records for which the ENTRY DATE field is 4/27/2010. I believe that the problem is that the default value of that field (in the table definition) is set to =Now() ...

Create a button to insert a new row.
I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. Any help is greatly appreciated! I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something very specific. Please give more information. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Sharon" wrote: > I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how. In addition, once the new row > is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it. > &g...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

auto copy self

Subtracting Dates in Smartlist Builder
I am trying to substract the Requested Ship date from the Invoice Date in SOP thru a calculated field in Smartlist Builder. I have tried all field types available for the result and it does not work. This is GP 9.0. Any suggestions? If you just want the number of days between the two dates, define a calculated field using the following: datediff(day,InvoiceDate,RequestedDate). Note that the formula will subtract the first parameter date from the second one, so in the above example if the InvoiceDate is less than the RequestedDate you'll get a positive number; otherwise, you'll ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

moderated & normal email
i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to differentiate between the two. moderator is running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 enterprise. How about creating a rule in Outlook that will separate the e-mails based on the address they are sent to (moderator@domain.com as against normal@domain.com). RP wrote: > i have moderated email and normal email coming into the moderators > inbox. how can i configure the moderator's outlook/email to > differentiate between the two. moderator is running o...

OWA auto login

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

Auto look through subfolders

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

Auto date

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Entry Defaults to Todays Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

An auto reply to an auto reply!